John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FALSE. Both the Father and the Son sent the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Of course posting the Scriptures will make no difference to a spiritual saboteur.
(smile), so we can take it that you have not read your bible well.

John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

how many person is "I" here one or two? your answer please. I cain't wait... lol

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It sure was both of them once again proving oneness, modalism is wrong.

The Son
John 16:7

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

The Father
John 14:26

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

hope this helps !!!
@Christophany Clearly the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and from the Son: God in Three Persons is indeed a Scriptural doctrine. :)

Reactions: ChristisGod
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I wonder which world he is speaking of in John 3:16. Carnal minds don’t want to know

Reactions: amadeus

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some may claim to believe in Jesus but don't believe that His written word is authoritative...

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Some Claim To believe Jesus But Don't Love him, No one can memorize all Scripture, Only God Knows the heart

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Some Claim To believe Jesus But Don't Love him, No one can memorize all Scripture, Only God Knows the heart
Yes, and the Lord knows my heart.

He knows that I have come to Him and that I do also come before Him every day in a living relationship with Him; as much as you might want to try and cast doubt on that relationship before other people; along with some others who frequent these forums.

But I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.

I am really very blessed, although it seems that there are now many adversaries to me and my message; for this means that there is indeed an effectual door that is opened to me (1 Corinthians 16:9).

And I am blessed also by the implications of other people that I am not in fact truly redeemed; for Jesus knows that I am redeemed and that this "persecution for righteousness sake" is the proof positive that I have a place in the kingdom of heaven.

The fact that others may believe the lies that are spoken about me is sad to me, however; because it means that I will not be taking as many with me as I otherwise may have imagined.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some may claim to believe in Jesus but don't believe that His written word is authoritative...
It isnt only He is, He is the way the truth and the Life, He is the Word of God. He is the bread of life from which we must feed, He alone is the one that can fill us with living water. He is the only one that can fill us, He and He alone, Jesus Christ, Lord of Lord and King of Kings, there is no other way.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isnt only He is, He is the way the truth and the Life, He is the Word of God. He is the bread of life from which we must feed, He alone is the one that can fill us with living water. He is the only one that can fill us, He and He alone, Jesus Christ, Lord of Lord and King of Kings, there is no other way.
So what are you trusting in? A voice in your head?

How do you hear from the Lord if not by reading His word and letting Him speak to you through His word?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, and the Lord knows my heart.

He knows that I have come to Him and that I do also come before Him every day in a living relationship with Him; as much as you might want to try and cast doubt on that relationship before other people; along with some others who frequent these forums.

But I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.

I am really very blessed, although it seems that there are now many adversaries to me and my message; for this means that there is indeed an effectual door that is opened to me (1 Corinthians 16:9).

And I am blessed also by the implications of other people that I am not in fact truly redeemed; for Jesus knows that I am redeemed and that this "persecution for righteousness sake" is the proof positive that I have a place in the kingdom of heaven.

The fact that others may believe the lies that are spoken about me is sad to me, however; because it means that I will not be taking as many with me as I otherwise may have imagined.

Did you see yourself In what I posted? The Jews as an example Believed in the authority of Scripture But a lot didn't recognize the one whom The scriptures spoke of, I was making a point that was All, I wouldn't cast doubt on your relationship With Jesus, But when you make the post about you I would Ask You, Do you Love Jesus?

The fact is you cant Bring anyone with you, It's not about you, Only God Can Open Someone's Eyes And only God can draw them to Himself, It is not your responsibility

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what are you trusting in? A voice in your head?

How do you hear from the Lord if not by reading His word and letting Him speak to you through His word?
See voices in ones head. really is that what you think of the Holy Spirit...

Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Jesus is the word, the living word.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

If you can hear without listening well good on you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see yourself In what I posted? The Jews as an example Believed in the authority of Scripture But a lot didn't recognize the one whom The scriptures spoke of, I was making a point that was All, I wouldn't cast doubt on your relationship With Jesus, But when you make the post about you I would Ask You, Do you Love Jesus?

The fact is you cant Bring anyone with you, It's not about you, Only God Can Open Someone's Eyes And only God can draw them to Himself, It is not your responsibility
He uses His people to bring others to a saving knowledge of Himself.

I love the Lord with all of my heart. he shed His love abroad in my heart many years ago immediately after rescuing me from making the biggest mistake of my life; which I did not make: I was tempted to sell my soul to the devil; but He brought to my rememberance what I had heard in a church setting some four years previous to that: "What shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and yet forfeit his soul?"

I called out to the Lord at that point, and said, "I don't know if You're real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You'r real You will reveal Yourself to me."

He didn't wait an iota of a second. Suddenly it was as waves of liquid love flowing over my whole being and I believe that I may have been in heaven for the space of about four minutes; while my eyes never adjusted to see the sights of heaven. I remember saying to Jesus, "I have to go back and tell people about this love!"

So, whether or not I am responsible for the souls of others (see the book of Ezekiel to find out whether what you believe about this is true or not, especially chapters 3, 18, and 33), it is my desire that as many souls as possible might be rescued from the depths of bondage to sin and be redeemed by the blood of the Lamb; which does not only justify but it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See voices in ones head. really is that what you think of the Holy Spirit...

Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Jesus is the word, the living word.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

If you can hear without listening well good on you.
Get it through your thick head...Jesus speaks to us through His word.

If you are hearing voices in your head, you had better do the right thing and test those spirits as to whether they are from God...a spirit that is from God will always confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

True Trinity.