John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a lot of verses to this effect. such as who sent the Holy Spirit? the Father or the Son? and it was not both of them.

PICJAG.

"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;"
John 14:16

Hi 101,
Seems to me that it is the Father who sent His own Holy Spirit to dwell with us until the job is done! :)

Reactions: farouk

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What a lot of profound truth there is in John 3.16!

The verse combines a simple Gospel presentation with deep theology.

What a lot of believers miss is that God resolved the Sin issue, for the entire world, by dealing with the Law that is always making the world guilty before God.
God accomplished this on the Cross, but its not applied..until... = this redemption from the effect of the law which is the imputed righteousness of God, in place of our sin and in place of the Law...is not applied to a person until they are born again and then we become this..."you are not under the Law, you are under Grace".
So, this availability of redemption from the Law, from Sin, and from unrighteousness, This GRACE OF GOD.... is always waiting there as "SALVATiON" for everyone who will by faith believe in/on Jesus and be born again.
The OFFER of Salvation is universal, but the application of the Blood Atonement is based on "FAITH"... "Grace THRU Faith".
We Give God our Faith, and God gives us His Righteousness as "the Gift of Righteousness".

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a lot of believers miss is that God resolved the Sin issue, for the entire world, by dealing with the Law that is always making the world guilty before God.
God accomplished this on the Cross, but its not applied..until... = this redemption from the effect of the law which is the imputed righteousness of God, in place of our sin and in place of the Law...is not applied to a person until they are born again and then we become this..."you are not under the Law, you are under Grace".
So, this availability of redemption from the Law, from Sin, and from unrighteousness, This GRACE OF GOD.... is always waiting there as "SALVATiON" for everyone who will by faith believe in/on Jesus and be born again.
The OFFER of Salvation is universal, but the application of the Blood Atonement is based on "FAITH"... "Grace THRU Faith".
We Give God our Faith, and God gives us His Righteousness as "the Gift of Righteousness".
no redemption is accomplished and Applied for those given to the Son.
no more,no less.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a lot of verses to this effect. such as who sent the Holy Spirit? the Father or the Son? and it was not both of them.

PICJAG.
It sure was both of them once again proving oneness, modalism is wrong.

The Son
John 16:7

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

The Father
John 14:26

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

hope this helps !!!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure was both of them once again proving oneness, modalism is wrong.

The Son
John 16:7

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

The Father
John 14:26

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

hope this helps !!!
again a ERROR on your part, (the first one of the day), and here's why. if the Father and the son are "Separate" person, then the Lord Jesus lied, (God forbid). for the Lord Jesus who cannot lie is speaking in both verses. if the Father is not him then he LIED, for if they both sent the Holy Spirit then he would have said "WE" will send the Holy Spirit. no, he Said "I" which indicate only ONE person.

and now you have even a bigger problem, for the "Advocate" is JESUS CHRIST, supportive scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
and advocate is the Greek word,
G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822

so Christophany who came? (Smile)

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again a ERROR on your part, (the first one of the day), and here's why. if the Father and the son are "Separate" person, then the Lord Jesus lied, (God forbid). for the Lord Jesus who cannot lie is speaking in both verses. if the Father is not him then he LIED, for if they both sent the Holy Spirit then he would have said "WE" will send the Holy Spirit. no, he Said "I" which indicate only ONE person.

and now you have even a bigger problem, for the "Advocate" is JESUS CHRIST, supportive scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
and advocate is the Greek word,
G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822

so Christophany who came? (Smile)

PICJAG
eisegesis look it up- reading your own ideas/doctrine into scripture.

next......................

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eisegesis look it up- reading your own ideas/doctrine into scripture.

next......................
first thanks for the reply, second, I have A. Looked it up. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
B. there is no need for me to eisegesis/interpret the scriptures in such a way as to introduce my own presuppositions, agendas or biases. no it's aganist the word of God, 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."
all I have to do is READ. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Now Christophany is Jesus the Christ the advocate/Comforter, yes or no?

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany, mind answering Post #36 please. it's just a yes, or no answer. no math involved.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well since I cannot get a yes or no answer to post #36. might as well shed some light on 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

here in this verse, there is that word again "with" as in John 1:1. I should let people stay in the dark but will it make any difference?

but my Job is to speak the truth. so I'm obligated. the Word With, a Preposition, when Indicates a quality or characteristic. it means,
1. of characterized, 2. by marked, 3. by distinguished, 3. by typified, 4. by, 5. from
note definition #5. "from". the Lord Jesus stated, he came "from" God correct? well let's check the record. John 8:42 "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me."

now what do the Word "FROM" denotes? Preposition,
Denotes the source, origin or provenance of, (BINGO)
out of, arising out of, coming out of, from out of, originating out of, beginning out of, deriving out of , beginning at, originating at, starting with, of, out from, coming from, outside of, for, without, external to, exterior to, belonging to, originating from

now the Holy Spirit, John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

are the light bulbs coming on now?

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who sent the Comforter, or rather who came. once again, John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

here the Lord Jesus, who cannot lie, say that he will send the comforter, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit. but the Lord Jesus again said, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." Either this is the same one person or you have two separate senders. well lets see.
a couple of QUESTIONS, question#1. "why send in his Name? don't they both have the same Name JESUS?"... (smile) lets see why in Jesus name. Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." (one might want to read that again, and one more time). HOW MUCH? .... ALL.
Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" the name of the Father is JESUS, the name of the son is JESUS. and the name of the Holy Ghost is JESUS. so again, is this one person or three persons? well JESUS have all the "POWER", did he not say it many times, example. Luke 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high." BINGO, again clearly the Lord Jesus said that he is sending the Holy Spirit.

now question #2. why say this in this verse below?
John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." HOLD IT, did not the Lord Jesus also say, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." hmmmmmmmmmm if it was two separate persons it would seem very easy for all two to be present at the same time. oh I remember now, Jesus the son is high priest who is sitting on the throne, oh that's it.... (smile), LOL. lets see if that's it.

so WHO CAME? the Lord JESUS, the Spirit, who is God with the title Father. are you shocked? ok, you say the Son was sent, for God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son..... Right, well lets see if this is correct from a trinitarian point of view or .... NOT. :eek:

scripture, Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

here clearly in this verse, from a trinitarian point of view, A. the Lord God, must be the "Father", and B. the Spirit, must be the Holy Spirit... correct. for that only leaves C. the Son to be sent right..... right, from a trinitarian poin of view, correct?. ok hold those thoughts.

come with me if you will to Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" this person here in verse 1:1 is a "he" who sent his angel to John, correct. now, a many of Christians have said, the "he" here in verse 1 is God the "Father". ok, I have no beef with you, but the angel himself tells us who sent him, listen, Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

ok, it was the "Lord God" of the Holy prophets, (OT), who sent his angel. that's cut and dry. now remember Isaiah 48:16, it said, "and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me." so the Lord God in Isaiah 48:16 is the same Lord God here in Revelation 1:1 and 22:6. and a many scholars, not lay people, who wrote book on this, said to me that the Lord God here is the "Father". and even my Jehovah Witness friends agree, and have Jehovah their "Father" name written in their bible, (the New World Translation), written as "Jehovah sent" his angel.

well when I pointed out to these many scholars, mind you these people have PHD's behind their name, that when I pointed out who really sent his angel their jaw dropped. and here it is, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

now for all you unbelievers out there, who said, the "Lord God" is the Father.... ok, fine lets see how well it fair with the truth, the Bible. back to
Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

so, knowing that the Lord God is JESUS, the Son, now the Isaiah 48:16 scripture from a trinitarian point of view would look like this.

Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, (the Son) and his Spirit, (the Holy Spirit) hath sent me (the Father)."

well, well, well, form a trinitarian point of view, it is the Father who was sent. and if the Father was sent, then it was the Father who was pierced on the cross in Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

the ME in the verse is the one who was pierced, I suggest you read the whole chapter to get the context as to who was speaking about being pierced.

so, knowing that, I question your traditional belief on who came and who was sent. :oops: concering the "COMFORTER", are you really sure who was sent? is he, the Comforter, a separate person or the equally "Shared" same person.... (smile).

a re-reading of this post is necessary for total consumption

PICJAG

Reactions: justbyfaith

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
FALSE. Both the Father and the Son sent the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Of course posting the Scriptures will make no difference to a spiritual saboteur.