John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Get it through your thick head...Jesus speaks to us through His word.
Why you so angry, are you not free, eras to hear, he is the word would you like it repeated,

Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Mar 4:22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
Mar 4:23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

And you speak of others, you should listen to yourself. Take a look in the mirror.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of the information that you need has already been presented to you.

The "son that was given" is "The everlasting Father" (Isaiah 9:6).

In order to deny this you have to engage in eisegesis and change the wording of this scripture in the kjv not once, but twice.

You will say that these scriptures are not inspired but will seek to use your own scriptures to convince me of your pov.

Hypocrite! Do you not see that in order for the scriptures that you quote to have merit, all scripture must be inspired? Otherwise the very scriptures that you use do not have the power in your own life that you are attempting to utilize on other people.

Would you use the holy scriptures to try to convince a man that he is not to believe the holy scriptures?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hypocrite! Do you not see that in order for the scriptures that you quote to have merit, all scripture must be inspired? Otherwise the very scriptures that you use do not have the power in your own life that you are attempting to utilize on other people.
Becareful whom you call a hypocrit. The bible inspired, was it not the catholic church that compiled it, was it not them who also burnt thousands of copies to keep it from ordinary people, is that what your faith is in, a book. Dont you believe God, how long will you run from Him and the truth, dont you want to be free, have you not ever wondered that it just might be you that is wrong and that is why you get so angry with others. When one stands against the truth one stands against God, and that makes men mad, just look at the pharisees when Christ told them the truth, they wanted to kill Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Becareful whom you call a hypocrit. The bible inspired, was it not the catholic church that compiled it, was it not them who also burnt thousands of copies to keep it from ordinary people, is that what your faith is in, a book. Dont you believe God, how long will you run from Him and the truth, dont you want to be free, have you not ever wondered that it just might be you that is wrong and that is why you get so angry with others. When one stands against the truth one stands against God, and that makes men mad, just look at the pharisees when Christ told them the truth, they wanted to kill Him.
It is not anger that I feel it is the same emotion that Christ experienced when He called the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites.

When I said that, I was typing away calmly at my keyboard.

But the Holy Spirit within me is perhaps angry with your lack of understanding that the words He has inspired are for you to believe in.

He wants you to absorb that Holy Book called the Bible and to accept it as inerrant and inspired.

Until you begin to do that, I think that arguing with you will continue to be a waste of better-spent time.

So, Arevoire.

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some may claim to believe in Jesus but don't believe that His written word is authoritative...

and some people call themselves Christians, but they just pay lip service while their heart is far from him.

they take that name, to no avail, Or in vain destroying the name they claim,

there are more important things to focus on other than what we should read or whether or not Jesus is God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and some people call themselves Christians, but they just pay lip service while their heart is far from him.

they take that name, to no avail, Or in vain destroying the name they claim,

there are more important things to focus on other than what we should read or whether or not Jesus is God.
I have learned that people like you are impossible to deal with.

I believe that you have hardened your heart to the truth of God's word in your denial of the fact that it is His word.

I will say to you what I said to @mjrhealth: until you begin to accept the divine inspiration of holy scripture, i do not see any reason for arguing further with you. I would be wasting precious, better-spent time.

You can always look back on my scripture-filled posts once you come to the understanding that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is proftiable for doctrine, etc.

Until then, I think that my ministry is geared more towards those who accept the Bible as being divinely inspired; so I will not be talking much with you.

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get it through your thick head...Jesus speaks to us through His word.

If you are hearing voices in your head, you had better do the right thing and test those spirits as to whether they are from God...a spirit that is from God will always confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

True Trinity.

the heavens declare his glory, He used whatever He chooses. It’s kind of limiting to think He cannot use anything except what you say he can. Are you saying He isn’t really all that powerful?

“Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

you claim the Bible is inerrant, then contradict what it says. He uses whatever he chooses, he isn’t limited to using you because you are His.

Reactions: amadeus
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learned that people like you are impossible to deal with.

I believe that you have hardened your heart to the truth of God's word in your denial of the fact that it is His word.

I will say to you what I said to @mjrhealth: until you begin to accept the divine inspiration of holy scripture, i do not see any reason for arguing further with you. I would be wasting precious, better-spent time.

You can always look back on my scripture-filled posts once you come to the understanding that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is proftiable for doctrine, etc.

Until then, I think that my ministry is geared more towards those who accept the Bible as being divinely inspired; so I will not be talking much with you.

I don’t believe like you, so I’m not worth your time, I’m sorry your highness, should I prostrate myself repent before you?

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not anger that I feel it is the same emotion that Christ experienced when He called the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites.

When I said that, I was typing away calmly at my keyboard.

But the Holy Spirit within me is perhaps angry with your lack of understanding that the words He has inspired are for you to believe in.

He wants you to absorb that Holy Book called the Bible and to accept it as inerrant and inspired.

Until you begin to do that, I think that arguing with you will continue to be a waste of better-spent time.

So, Arevoire.

Its you that want people to believe what you do, or they are not worthy of your company. The Spirit is patient, kind, giving, not haughty. I don’t have an overwhelming need for you to agree with me, so I can confirm my own belief, the Spirit gives understanding, it doesn’t get mad or angry when people don’t believe what you think.

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read Romans 16:17 for my reasoning behind your shunning.

my shunning? Your the one who said I’m not worthy of your presence or time. It really doesn’t bother me one bit, just pointing it out. You claim the Bible is inerrant then you contradict the things scriptures do teach.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I wonder which world he is speaking of in John 3:16. Carnal minds don’t want to know
He is declaring His Deity as He is from heaven not this earth. The Incarnation makes that crystal clear that God became man. He descended first and Ascended after 40 days post Resurrection.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its you that want people to believe what you do, or they are not worthy of your company. The Spirit is patient, kind, giving, not haughty. I don’t have an overwhelming need for you to agree with me, so I can confirm my own belief, the Spirit gives understanding, it doesn’t get mad or angry when people don’t believe what you think.
Amen !

The the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you trusting in? A voice in your head?

How do you hear from the Lord if not by reading His word and letting Him speak to you through His word?

"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:2-5

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matt 1:15

Reactions: BarneyFife and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, I agree that John 3:16 is as you say, "The verse combines a simple Gospel presentation with deep theology." but, I also equally can say the same about the verse that follow it, John 3:17 "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is teh bible your God???

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. for it is his words. now as for the Holy Ghost in teaching us something that's not "written" in the BIBLE. first scripture, John 21:25 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

so there are something that the Lord did or spoke on that is not in the written bibles we have today, correct. well lets see if what the Holy Ghost teach covers these unwritten things.... scripture, John 14:25 "These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you."John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

now if what the Lord Jesus said and or did that was not recorded in the current books that we have now, (the Bible), we can rest assured, that the Holy Ghost will bring those things to our attention/remembrance, or reveal them unto us.

so if it's written in the book, or brought to our attention/remembrance, in revelation, we will be TAUGHT in Spirit and in TRUTH, correctly. and that's in the bible, so we're covered, written or not. we're in Good hands with Allstate, sorry, I mean we're in GOD'S/Good hands with "ALL" of his word", who is JESU the Word. :D

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
for it is his words.
Which part.

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

was it Gods words that Peter spoke???

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my shunning? Your the one who said I’m not worthy of your presence or time. It really doesn’t bother me one bit, just pointing it out. You claim the Bible is inerrant then you contradict the things scriptures do teach.

What have I contradicted that the scriptures teach? I am obeying Romans 16:17 as soon as I can get away from you.

Is teh bible your God???

The Bible tells me everything that I need to know about the God that I serve and is also His integrated message system to me as His servant.

"Lo, I come; in the volume of the book it is written of me..."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible tells me everything that I need to know about the God that I serve and is also His integrated message system to me as His servant.
Yes lots read the bible yet serve another god, and it will never explain God to you, neither will it show you His heart, that only comes from time with God and Christ, but if the bible is first they must there fore be last.