John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can have the last word, @mjrhealth.

Because you are unwilling to change, I do not see any reason to try to change you.

Just as it is written,

Gen 6:3, And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can have the last word, @mjrhealth.

Because you are unwilling to change, I do not see any reason to try to change you.

Just as it is written,

Gen 6:3, And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
No God will, only God can change a man, its not your job, this may well be your last chance, before that door shuts like when the flood came and God closed the door to the ark.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am saying the same to you.
Yes I know what you are saying you want everyone to change but you. Thats why these discussions become useless. You wont put down the bible and I will not let go of Christ.

Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Reactions: Perception matters

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which part.

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

was it Gods words that Peter spoke???
First thanks for the reply, second,
well just read, was Peter converted when he spoke that?. did God instructed him to say that? that's simple, when you was not converted you spoke something that you don't speak now, correct? (well at least I hope so), now listen, Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." NOW WAS THAT THE SAME OLD PETER SPEAKING AS UNCONVERTED PETER? see how silly your question was.

understand and learn something, everything in the bible is not a statement of truth, not "EVERYTHING", but EVERYTHING in the bible is truly stated.... :eek: YIKES!, did you understand that?..... Now, everything that God spoke is TRUE, and what God spoke by his apostles, meaning his ambassdors mouths is TRUE. understand now?

so your statement or reply, above hold no water, it's in your fleshly ignorance.

so read your bible, and get a kjv... (smile).:D

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because someone who says you have to believe what I say without question cannot use reason or sound logic. I don’t need to follow you or the gospel you claim you preach. Youre not my God that opens men’s eyes. I can’t and would try to open yours.

so when are you going to obey romans 16:17 and avoid those of us who you think cause division?
Not going to answer my question?

Why do people always make accusations that they are unable to back up with scripture or even sound logic?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First thanks for the reply, second,
well just read, was Peter converted when he spoke that?. did God instructed him to say that? that's simple, when you was not converted you spoke something that you don't speak now, correct? (well at least I hope so), now listen, Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." NOW WAS THAT THE SAME OLD PETER SPEAKING AS UNCONVERTED PETER? see how silly your question was.

understand and learn something, everything in the bible is not a statement of truth, not "EVERYTHING", but EVERYTHING in the bible is truly stated.... :eek: YIKES!, did you understand that?..... Now, everything that God spoke is TRUE, and what God spoke by his apostles, meaning his ambassdors mouths is TRUE. understand now?

so your statement or reply, above hold no water, it's in your fleshly ignorance.

so read your bible, and get a kjv... (smile).:D

PICJAG

was it God that said that, was it God that tempted Jesus in the desert, was it Gods words that satan spoke when he tempted Jesus, how would you feel if someone declared that someone else's words where yours

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because someone who says you have to believe what I say without question cannot use reason or sound logic. I don’t need to follow you or the gospel you claim you preach. Youre not my God that opens men’s eyes. I can’t and would try to open yours.

so when are you going to obey romans 16:17 and avoid those of us who you think cause division?
How have I contradicted holy scripture?

I will do it when I am good and ready; but first I want to get the answer to my question from you.

You accused me of contradicting holy scripture. Are you going to back up your statement by at least quoting the scripture that you think I have contradicted?

I don't claim to be your God.

But I can tell you as a servant of the Most High God that the Bible is His word; and if you reject His word you are hardening your heart against the truth.

The scripture says,

Heb 3:7, Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Heb 3:12, Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14, For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15, While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Heb 4:7, Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

The sword of the Spirit is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17). I suppose that you can argue with me and try to tell me that the sword isn't sharp; and I suppose that I can argue back and try to convince you with arguments that my sword is sharp.

But my best way of convincing you of the sharpness of my sword is to stick you with it.

Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Scriptures are indeed searching; what joyful truth there is in them to be received by faith, because of the work at the Cross of the Saviour, Whose coming into the world many are currently remembering! :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
was it God that said that, was it God that tempted Jesus in the desert, was it Gods words that satan spoke when he tempted Jesus, how would you feel if someone declared that someone else's words where yours
Did you read Post #86? ...... with understanding? guess not. read it again, and try to understand what I said there. and then get back with me...

PICJAG

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But I can tell you as a servant of the Most High God that the Bible is His word; and if you reject His word you are hardening your heart against the truth
That is your take on things, what will you do when you stand before God, and you discover you where wrong, what will it be, "but the bible said".

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

only Christ matters, He is teh truth and in Him you will find no lie.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you read Post #86? ...... with understanding? guess not. read it again, and try to understand what I said there. and then get back with me...

PICJAG
Oh so now you useh big letters to scare the bad man away, sorry, the bible is not God word Christ is. And no matter how much you misunderstand or miss quote things it will never change that fact. The bible is not Holy, God is Holy, Christ is Holy, even the Holy spirit is Holy, the bible is ink written on paper, misused, misquoted, misunderstood, and idolized above Christ and God, to their own demise,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to shove your opinions down others throats, isn’t reason.
You will be given only one sign....the sign of the prophet Jonah.

There is an empty tomb in Israel...and this substantiates my view that the Bible is the word of God (when you look into the whole of all of the information that you can receive on it).

You sound like an unbeliever. My ministry is primarily to believers.

But I can work to convince you of my pov.

If you feel that overwhelming evidence of a pov is "shoving it down your throat" then what can I do about that? You are free to reject the good news of Jesus Christ if you so desire....just vomit it out if it is not palatable to your taste buds.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your take on things, what will you do when you stand before God, and you discover you where wrong, what will it be, "but the bible said".

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

only Christ matters, He is teh truth and in Him you will find no lie.

Yet you often quote the scripture that says that the scriptures testify of Christ.

How is it that you do not accept their testimony, then?

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Overwhelming evidence? I don’t need your evidence, Jesus didn’t come so you could lead me around blindly with evidence. We’d both fall into a ditch, that’s not what I want, thanks though.