John Calvin and Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not the god of anything. And you have no idea what you are talking about.

2Co 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God

Thus why you do not see....

Luk 4:2 for forty days, being tempted by the devil.... Luk 4:5 And he led Him up and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. Luk 4:6 And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 4:7 "Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours."

You think Jesus' temptation was a Joke? Satan offered Jesus the world... without having to be obedient to the Father unto death!

Paul

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silly Child...
Like R1689 said, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Again, they had just spent three years with Him and still expected him to conquer all their enemies right away, prompting them to ask a question that, in view of all he had told them, was "silly." Kind of like most of the stuff you're saying here and in other threads.

Go away. Please.

giphy.gif

Grace and peace to you. Especially grace, since you are so lacking in it.

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You realize that nothing you said in this post changed anything that I said right? And I'm not a child.

Really... because you and Calvin stated... They spent 3 years with Jesus and were so stupid after his death they acted like idiots... with their question!!! in Act 1:6... I only showed you they spent 40 days with him after he rose from the dead discussing the kingdom of God see (Act 1:3)
and after spending 40 days with the risen Lord ... they ask.... "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?" (Act 1:6)

Thus you defend Calvin calling them idiots.... how does that not change anything....
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really... because you and Calvin stated... They spent 3 years with Jesus and were so stupid after his death they acted like idiots... with their question!!! in Act 1:6... I only showed you they spent 40 days with him after he rose from the dead discussing the kingdom of God see (Act 1:3)
and after spending 40 days with the risen Lord ... they ask.... "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?" (Act 1:6)

Thus you defend Calvin calling them idiots.... how does that not change anything.... silly child!
Paul
He did not say they were idiots. You, again, have no idea what you are talking about. And right, it did not change anything. You are obviously just here for a shock factor.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They spent 3 years with Jesus and were so stupid after his death they acted like idiots... with their question!!!

Nobody said they "acted like idiots," except you, in your demagoguery. Even smart people can do and say silly things from time to time. Like... well, like you keep doing here, over and over again... :)

I only showed you they spent 40 days with him after he rose from the dead discussing the kingdom of God see (Act 1:3)
Well, you can read back to the gospels and easily see that prior to His crucifixion, He spoke with them many times about the kingdom of God. Okay, so we'll say three years and 40 days. LOL!

giphy.gif

Grace and peace to you.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not the god of anything if, by that you mean he has power and authority over something. And you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is common reference to

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Some Calvinist you are.....

Reactions: ChristisGod

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is common reference to

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Some Calvinist you are.....
Is there a point to this post? I know what he was referring to.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More strong evidence Jesus' mother Mary was not a perpetual virgin.
Biblical fact: Jesus had half brothers and sisters.
Matthew 14:54-56
-And when Jesus was come into His own place of upbringing, He taught them in the synagogue, ....

- Is this not the carpenters son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers, James, and Joses and Simon and Judas?

- And His sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Now Catholics to defend their false doctrine of perpetual virginity will claim that Jesus' brothers are the chosen apostles.

This is easy to disprove.
There was no apostle named Joses.

Catholic doctrine also claims Mary never sinned.
If Mary never sinned, then why is Mary not the Savior of the world?
Why did Mary not die for our sins?
If no sin ever, Mary qualifies as the perfect sacrifice that can take away the sins of the world.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody said they "acted like idiots," except you, in your demagoguery. Even smart people can do and say silly things from time to time. Like... well, like you keep doing here, over and over again... :)

Well, you can read back to the gospels and easily see that prior to His crucifixion, He spoke with them many times about the kingdom of God. Okay, so we'll say three years and 40 days. LOL!

giphy.gif

Grace and peace to you.

Calvin did... and you have no problem with that!!!
As part of Calvin’s commentary on this verse he writes:
He showeth that the apostles were gathered together when as this question was moved, that we may know that it came not of the foolishness of one or two that it was moved, but it was moved by the common consent of them all; but marvelous is their rudeness, that when as they had been diligently instructed by the space of three whole years, they betray no less ignorance than if they had heard never a word. There are as many errors in this question as words.

Please stop telling others about what you heard about what someone wrote.... and actually read their writings... Google it, your too lazy to seek it out on your own!

giphy.gif

Grace and peace to you.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He showeth that the apostles were gathered together when as this question was moved, that we may know that it came not of the foolishness of one or two that it was moved, but it was moved by the common consent of them all; but marvelous is their rudeness, that when as they had been diligently instructed by the space of three whole years, they betray no less ignorance than if they had heard never a word. There are as many errors in this question as words.

Please stop telling others about what you heard about what someone wrote.... and actually read their writings... Google it, your too lazy to seek it out on your own!
cool.jpg

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Notice the use of the word idiot is not found there. Hmmmmm.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ignorance; foolishness.... Calvins own words....

You do own a Thesaurus don't you...

Words Related to
ignorance

I have to teach you the English language too?
Paul
Did you really use a thesaurus to "prove" your point? Oh brother. No, you do not need to teach me the English Language, but perhaps I should teach you how to use language tools and what each of them are for, and, more importantly, not for.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thus you defend Calvin calling them idiots.... how does that not change anything....
Paul
Please address the topic without the pet names you keep using. Thank you