John Calvin and Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that is because old Jacob redefined biblical omniscience to mean God knows in advance what man will do! that is not the word or how it is used in teh original.

See. You agree with me. You made a Arminian argument. That is not my argument. I reject both silly little systems. Both promotes the ego of man but for different reasons. Arminians believe they can earn God favor and Calvinist believe they're so special that God choose them in Eternity and damned their brothers. Nothing more than the nonsense of carnal minds.

so you are the one who has been stalking me all my christian life! And I though tit was the devil !!!! Bearing false witness against a brother is still a sin! You seem to enjoy doing that sin! YOu are presumptuous and draw conclusions without even bothering to check with me. I hope you have edible shoes for you seem to love putting you r foot in your mouth!

Well that was a dirty word.... Spelling and Grammar go "hand and hand"......

I've told the truth. Take it up with the Lord Jesus Christ.

You don't have the slightest clue what I say to people when I share th egospel. You simply put words in my mouth based on your own inner animosity and prejudiced viewpoint! You need to repent.

I know what you've said here. I know what you claim to believe. You're preaching a false Gospel. You're telling others they can't come to God and they are listening to YOU....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no one since the last Apostle (John) died is an apostle either! That includes all the popes from Constantine on! there were no popes before him.

And they had authority, just not apostolic authority. TRhat died with the original apostles.

scripture?

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I know you are right about calvinism teaching we do not have freewill.
Now, since you admit calvinism teaches we have no freewill to choose to obey Jesus' gospel.
No freewill to turn from our sins and believe and live for Jesus, 1Corinthians 15:1-4.

Therefore it must also be true that if calvinism be true, then God is responsible for my sins.
I'm not choosing to be a wicked, sinning reprobate.
God has chosen this path for me.
Therefore God is at fault when I go to hell.
God is gulity for my sins and my damnation in hellfire.
I'm not guilty, responsible for my sins and not choosing Jesus. God is gulity for He did not give me any freewill to choose to be saved by Believing and obeying Him.
Thanks for your honesty. Please tell Pinseeker he has no freewil,.
You freely choose to do sinful acts and deeds!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reference is Plural. It is a corporate selection. You're not named in any of this. Yet, here you are claiming a privileged position unlike the vast majority of humanity.

God chose Jesus Christ. FIRST. He is the Head. The body is a unnamed group made up of anyone that heeds the Gospel.

I'm rather certain you don't like this because you prefer to only let people in that agree with you. Others just like yourself.

No it is not! It is simply Paul addressing more than one believer so he uses the plural! C'mon man get your head out of the clouds!

But God knows every single believer, past present and future! They may be unnamed to us but God knows them all already!

As for your last sentence don't bet on your certainty. It is a lie based on your prejudicial bias against me. Once again , instead of committing the sin of presumption, you should simply ask me what I believe or not.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture?

Can't show you something that never happened. No one else was ordained an Apostle! John 16 was spoken to the Apostles not anyone else! They and they alone were the master builders of the church with Jesus as the chief cornerstone!

Their teachings (the new testament) is the foundation we build on. No new foundation can be laid and we only build on it godl, silver, precious stones, or wood hay and stubble.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is not! It is simply Paul addressing more than one believer so he uses the plural! C'mon man get your head out of the clouds!

Yeah. More than one believer.... PLURAL.... Geesh.

But God knows every single believer, past present and future! They may be unnamed to us but God knows them all already!

That is your claim. Not what the Scriptures declare.

As for your last sentence don't bet on your certainty. It is a lie based on your prejudicial bias against me. Once again , instead of committing the sin of presumption, you should simply ask me what I believe or not.

You haven't asked me anything.... Mr. Pot.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't show you something that never happened. No one else was ordained an Apostle! John 16 was spoken to the Apostles not anyone else! They and they alone were the master builders of the church with Jesus as the chief cornerstone!

Their teachings (the new testament) is the foundation we build on. No new foundation can be laid and we only build on it godl, silver, precious stones, or wood hay and stubble.

Acts 1:15
Acts 1:20
Acts 1:26
1 Tim 1:1-3

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You freely choose to do sinful acts and deeds!

Can I also freely choose to repent of my sins and put my faith and trust in Christ?
Can I decide that I no longer want to be a reprobate and now allow God to save me?

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I also freely choose to repent of my sins and put my faith and trust in Christ?
Can I decide that I no longer want to be a reprobate and now allow God to save me?
Well, yes to the first question, and yes to the first half of the second. Nothing God does depends on man or whether he allows anything or not. :)

I would really encourage you to watch the video I posted previously (Post 1411).

Grace and peace to you.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, yes to the first question, and yes to the first half of the second. Nothing God does depends on man or whether he allows anything or not. :)

I would really encourage you to watch the video I posted previously (Post 1411).

Grace and peace to you.

I encourage you to stop with your double speak.

btw, this was not asked to you!
I am asking Jesusfan1

and yes to the first half of the second. Nothing God does depends on man or whether he allows anything or not. :)

So, yes you can but no God will not allow it if He wills you to burn in hell.
Got it, double speak

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you do. That is part of your theology. You tell EVERYONE that God predetermined the vast majority of humanity to damnation without remedy.

You can't deny this. You preach a Gospel that makes God look like a little kid sitting on ant hill with a magnifying glass. You make God look like YOURSELF.

No one wants that but people just LIKE YOU.....That is why Jesus said....

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Here is what I preached. Christ died to save all those that would believe in him.

Now two questions.

1. Where is that in error?
2. Where is that me preaching that men are damned without hope?

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I encourage you to stop with your double speak.
LOL! I do doubly encourage you... :D

btw, this was not asked to you! I am asking Jesusfan1
I'm quite well aware of that. And I don't care. :)

So, yes you can but no God will not allow it if He wills you to burn in hell.
Oh, putting words in folks mouths again, I see. That's surely not cool. And you know it, yet still do it, which is doubly not cool. There's your double-speak, I guess. LOL!

Hey, I'm just trying to keep you from drowning in your own ignorance, but you seem hell-bent on that...

Got it, double speak
Well, I "got" something, but it's about you, and... you probably would not like it. :)

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what I preached. Christ died to save all those that would believe in him.

Now two questions.

1. Where is that in error?
2. Where is that me preaching that men are damned without hope?
The only correction I would make, R1689 ~ and I think you'll agree with this ~ is that Christ died not just to save all those that would believe in Him, but also all those that had believed in Him in the past, too. Right? :)

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: reformed1689

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I don't care.

. And I don't care.

And I don't care.

And I don't care.

. And I don't care.

And I don't care.

And I don't care.

And I don't care.

. And I don't care.

Exactly!
That is why you're a calvinist.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, as now are limited by your sin nature and will not desire to get saved!