John Calvin's testimony on Gods limited love for mankind(Limited Atonement) vs The Apostles testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Keturah. Good question, but I wouldn’t choose either one because they’re both wrong in many ways.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

- John 14:6 (KJV)
Hi back @ ya.
How so, wrong on both ?
If I had to lean I'd lean with the A which is before the C in ALL ways......lol.

I believe every man is responsible to God to receive the free gift by choice not force.
Saying that I also believe in "working out" my own walk with God in the maturing or perfecting phase by sanctification through the word & leadership of the Spirit.

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t follow “isms”—I only follow what Jesus says. joy:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

- Romans 8:28-30 (KJV)

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t follow “isms”—I only follow what Jesus says. joy:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Not really an answer since you said this......**Good question, but I wouldn’t choose either one because they're both wrong in many ways.
** ( Selah )
Since you chose a script & bolded certain words in the vernacular of Calvinism.... I am led to belief you lean that way !

The whole of the word of God must harmonize, as a completed truth!

Thanks anyway.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was a Christian at the time Calvin helped them burn him, he didn't believe in the doctrine of the Trinity., and that is why they set him on FIRE, and Calvin wanted them to cut off His head

So, i read what you wrote.
You justified murder, because you're a fan boy of a Heretic, name John Calvin.

Would Jesus have anyone burned for any reason?
Then get off your carnal justifications, user=1.

Its interesting to note that both Joan of Arc and Servetus called on "Jesus" , when they were being burned.
THe Catholics burned Joan of Arc.
Later they made her a "Catholic Saint".

Here is my advice to you, and im done, ... you need to stop looking around at everyone else, and instead look at what your allowing yourself to beiieve.

"well, as long at He was a universalist, and a this, and a that.......""""LIGHT HIM UP, JOHN"...

Wake up.
Jesus said to love your enemies and bless those who curse you. Calvin did just the opposite and persecuted those who disagreed with him and ran them out of the country. He was a tyrant and an oppressor.

Reactions: amigo de christo

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you're twisting. I never justified, I just corrected you that he wasn't a Christian but a strict Anti-Trinitarian who even preached Unitarism. Someone who deliberately rejects the Trinity is not a Christian. The Trinity is a central doctrine. Calvin didn't even want to burn him but to behead him, but the council rejected. Anyway I agree it was wrong, but I think he repented.

Perhaps they are false teachings but not essential for salvation. You will not go to hell if you accept or reject it.
no he preached a false gospel- he was a hater not a lover of people who were not like him. plus he never had a conversion, a testimony on how he was saved and experienced the new birth, born again. I was a Calvinist for over 4 decades and know him and his teachings all to well.

hope this helps !!!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Someone who deliberately rejects the Trinity is not a Christian.

Reader,

Here is how to know if you are going to Hell.

The door closes on God's offer of salvation just like this..

John 3:36. ""(God's wrath REMAINS on them)""

1.) You died in unbelief, never born again., and there is no eternal remedy for the : "unpardonable sin".

Why?

Because : ....

There is no Cross in Hell.
There is no Jesus's Blood shed for your sin, in Hell.
There is no 2nd Chance to be born again, in Hell.
You will not be "prayed out of hell" if you go there.

Listen,

You went there because you died a "son/daughter of the DEVIL" and this is not able to change, once you leave your body (death)....and enter eternity.

What is a son/daughter of the Devil? ??? Who?
Its this one.
Jesus said.....>"You are of YOUR FATHER, THE DEVIL, and the lusts of YOUR FATHER, you will do".

See that?
This is every UNBELIEVER.......all of them (now dead or still breathing) , who have never been BORN AGAIN.

Reader,
The reason Jesus said, that '" you must be BORN AGAIN" ... is because unless you are, you remain the spiritual progeny (child) of THE DEVIL.
He remains your Spiritual Father.

Being "born again", means you have changed Spiritual FATHERS.

See that?
And you have to if you want to end up with the Father of Jesus... after you die.

To be born again, means that GOD has birthed you as HIS Spiritual SON/Daughter, ........ and now the Devil is no longer your Spiritual father.

Understand?

And God has to do that for you, not water baptism.

= Welcome to why you have to be BORN AGAIN by the Spirit of GOD....... and water can't do that for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------

2.) Here is the other way you know for certain that a person is hell bound, and is just waiting to die, so they can go to hell.

This person is : "Seared Conscience".

What is that?
That is a person, (never born again).... whose HEART is so hardened in unbelief... that they have crossed an eternal line, and can never be "drawn by the Holy Spirit" to Faith in Christ ever again.
Not ever.
They are literally passed the point of no return.......and they are still breathing, if not already dead and in Hell.

This is usually not an Atheist.. as most Atheist's are just mind blinded by Satan,..... "lest the light of the Glorious Gospel of Christ should shine into them".

Its usually a church member who is "too far gone"....., who has had so much church, so much religion, ... that they are immure to it.

They are become unable to hear the call of God in their heart any longer and were never born again before that became their Hardened HEART of Unbelief.
There is no way back to BELIEF for this one.

No need to pray for that one, as their SIN of UNBELIEF, that is the "unpardonable sin"..... will follow them into eternity.

What sin?

= "Christ Rejection" .....which is why you end up in Hell......as this is the "unpardonable sin".

See, to reject Christ is to reject PARDON of your sin.
In other words.....God can't forgive you, if you reject the forgiveness that is Christ on the Cross.. = The "unpardonable Sin".

Dont be that one, Reader.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you chose a script & bolded certain words in the vernacular of Calvinism.... I am led to belief you lean that way !
Huh? Christianity is not an “ism.” I posted the Word of God. My allegiance is to the Lord Jesus Christ, not Calvin. Jesus died for me, not Calvin. Jesus paid the price, not Calvin. The sheep follow their Shepherd, not Calvin. IMG_5212.gif

Last edited:

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

- Romans 8:34-39 (KJV)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

- Romans 8:34-39 (KJV)
Love this scripture,Amen!!

• Love
Reactions: Selah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus said to love your enemies and bless those who curse you. Calvin did just the opposite and persecuted those who disagreed with him and ran them out of the country. He was a tyrant and an oppressor.

If we were back in time, to 1560, Calvin would burn or have executed quite a few people on this forum.
Thats a fact.
And, As you started to burn to death, He'd tell you its "God's predetermined will, that you burn".

He'd tell you He was : "Led of the Holy Spirt to have you burned because you disagreed with His THEOLOGY".

Then he'd enjoy it as you could no longer scream, but were still alive, still on fire.

This is the person who causes people to say..."im a Calvinist'.

Amazing what the DEVIL can do, to some.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we were back in time, to 1560, Calvin would burn or have executed quite a few people on this forum.
Thats a fact.
And, As you started to burn to death, He'd tell you its "God's predetermined will, that you burn".

He'd tell you He was : "Led of the Holy Spirt to have you burned because you disagreed with His THEOLOGY".

Then he'd enjoy it as you could no longer scream, but were still alive, still on fire.

Dont follow calvin .

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is, for me anyway; I don’t need to be Arminian nor Calvinist nor any other man-made acronym to tell me who I am or what I should believe. I just need to believe what JESUS tells me. It’s His Word that I need to study and understand. I believe in salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ. When I read Romans 8:28-30 for example, I let the Word of God speak for itself. This verse is not a man’s words; these words are from God.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is, for me anyway; I don’t need to be Arminian nor Calvinist nor any other man-made acronym to tell me who I am or what I should believe. I just need to believe what JESUS tells me. It’s His Word that I need to study and understand. I believe in salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ. When I read Romans 8:28-30 for example, I let the Word of God speak for itself. This verse is not a man’s words; these words are from God.
In JESUS NAME!!....Amen!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats a fact.

Me for sure after leaving Calvinism after believing it for the past 4 decades

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me for sure after leaving Calvinism after believing it for the past 4 decades
My advice remains the same , flee the RCC , flee calvin , flee the emergents , flee the great lie that now
leads the children to gather under the delusion of the all inclusion .
Her voice cries to the weary and wayward children , come ye and enter into the chambers of inclusive love of production .
But the many who enter in have no idea its of the great seduction .
And many will swoon as her song of unity and we are one is played
and run happily and freely as their souls do they trade .
For the song is sung and the song to their ears brings a peace
but they have no idea the singers simply their wool do fleece .
The song is sung and many hear and love its peaceful sound
but have no idea it leads not up but rather beneath the ground .
SO heed not her call of unity , her call that we are one
for in the end those who do so , their soul shall be undone .
For her song no matter how well played the song may be
though she promises them life as one ,eternal LIFE they will never see .
Beware the song , beware the pipe of which does play the piper
for her song cometh not of GOD but rather of A VIPER
And though many join hand in hand within the land
the house she builds is on but sinking sand .
WE SHOULD HAVE STUCK TO THE BIBLE .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love my calvinist brothers and sister though i disagree with them.