John Calvin's testimony on Gods limited love for mankind(Limited Atonement) vs The Apostles testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ignore those "cult leaders" and just study The Apostle Paul.

Its really that simple, otherwise reader, you'll end up here.

Read carefully...this entire verse, as the first part can only be escaped by doing the 2nd requirement.

Hebrews 13:9

Reactions: Ritajanice

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mod hat on… Moved this one to debate… Mod hat off…
yellowstone-rip-wheeler.png

• Haha
Reactions: MatthewG

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Grandfather almost went to eternal hell because of the lies of calvinist doctrine.
My Grandpa went to a calvinist church while being told to go forward and wait for the Holy Spirit to choose him for regeneration i.e. to be born again.
This was a common practice in churches to go forward kneel and pray while waiting on God to choose you for election into the kingdom of the Lord.

My Grandpa was too honest.
He said he never got the "feeling" of the Holy Spirit performing a miraculous conversion on him.

He told the church he never felt anything.
So the false teachers of calvinism told him he was not one of the elect.
He believed for many many years he was hated by God, damned to hell as Gods sovereign will.

He was deceived by a false gospel!!!!
A gospel that Jesus nor His apostles ever preached!!!

Then because of my Grandpa's sincere heart desiring, longing after God,
God used a true gospel preacher to teach my Grandpa the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

When my Grandpa learned that God loved him and already provided a way for all to be saved.
That it was his choice to give his life to Christ, by believing and obeying the true gospel.
My Grandpa gladly received the true gospel of Jesus Christ once taught to him, and God then saved my loved Grandfather.

The calvinist gospel is a lie from the devil.
A doctrine of demons.
Countless souls are awaiting eternal hell because they fell prey to the lies of satan's work through the false gospel of calvinism.

No one can be saved from a false gospel.
The Bible teaches there is only one gospel that has the power to save,
Romans 1:16,
- for I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for  it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the jew first and also for the greek.

Where does this leave those who teach a false gospel that is not the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Can a person who believes they were saved by a doctrine from satan like the gospel John Calvin taught be considered a brother or sister by God?

Can calvinist teach this false gospel and save others with their lies?

God makes it very clear that those who teach a gospel that is not the true gospel are teaching lies from the devil.

Revelation 21:8;27
- but the cowardly unbelieving abominable murderers sexually immoral sorcerers idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone which is the second death

- but there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles or causes an abomination or a  lie but only those who are written in the Lambs book of Life

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
John Calvin's doctrine of Gods limited Grace for mankind,

Quote from John Calvin's testimony :
" god arranges all things by his sovereign counsel, in such a way that individuals are born, who are doomed from the womb to certain death, and are to glorify him by their destruction."
Thanks. I have not looked into all of Calvin's errors. This is a very pathetic changing of the Bible to teach the opposite of God the Father and Jesus Christ.

No man's death and destruction, even by righteous judgment of God glorifies God. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, and that which glorifies Him pleases Him.

It's also a rejection of the Bible that says every man is judged by our works. If any man is already judged in the womb, then God does not judge the man by his works, but the man is judged by God's work of creation.

It's teaching that God judges His own work as guilty and worthy of death.

It's the doctrine of Satan, that the world accuses God of being unjust to create man sinful and then condemning man as sinful.

James 1 exposes this false accusation against God. God does even tempt man to sin, much less create man that way, and then condemn man for sinning.

Two testimonies with different views on Gods free gift of grace.
One limited, Calvin
The other unlimited, Apostles
Very good. The gospel of Jesus Christ is for whoever. Creating souls to come to God, and others not to, is limiting God's grace, by God Himself limiting who can and cannot come to Him.

I believe the source error for all Calvin's ungodly teachings, that include accusations by the devil, is due to him trying to answer what has no answer.

He's trying to make a doctrine that explains why some souls created by God do come to Him, and why some souls don't. He doesn't leave it up to the free will of all men created in God's image. And so, he teaches some souls are not created in God's image, but God creates them in the image of the devil.

The truth is that God Himself does not know why some created in His image choose evil, while others choose to do good.

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
We see several devilish errors of Calvin, that bring God Himself into question.

If God creates some souls specifically for destruction, and others specifically for salvation:

1. God is not judging by our works, but He is judging His own work. Babes in the womb are the work of Christ alone (John 1), and have done no works themselves.

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth. (Rom 9)

And so, it contradicts the Bible that all men are judged by works, and instead judges Christ's work as being sometimes good and sometimes evil. His work of creation is being judged as good for salvation or sinful for destruction.

2. God does not create all souls in His own image, but creates some souls in the image of the devil fir for destruction.

3. It also teaches that God is pleased with the death of the wicked, since it 'glorifies Him' to destroy them He made for destruction. God takes glory and pleasure in destroying what He has made for destruction. God creates some men only to take pleasure in destroying them.

4. Man has no free will, and so the image of God is not having free will. God Himself has no free will, since those created in His image do not. Therefore the Bible is wrong when exhorting Gods people to make free will offerings to God, both of their possessions and of themselves.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Grandfather almost went to eternal hell because of the lies of calvinist doctrine.
My Grandpa went to a calvinist church while being told to go forward and wait for the Holy Spirit to choose him for regeneration i.e. to be born again.
This was a common practice in churches to go forward kneel and pray while waiting on God to choose you for election into the kingdom of the Lord.

My Grandpa was too honest.
He said he never got the "feeling" of the Holy Spirit performing a miraculous conversion on him.

He told the church he never felt anything.
So the false teachers of calvinism told him he was not one of the elect.
He believed for many many years he was hated by God, damned to hell as Gods sovereign will.

He was deceived by a false gospel!!!!
A gospel that Jesus nor His apostles ever preached!!!

Then because of my Grandpa's sincere heart desiring, longing after God,
God used a true gospel preacher to teach my Grandpa the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

When my Grandpa learned that God loved him and already provided a way for all to be saved.
That it was his choice to give his life to Christ, by believing and obeying the true gospel.
My Grandpa gladly received the true gospel of Jesus Christ once taught to him, and God then saved my loved Grandfather.
You cannot decide to be saved. It magnifies man into God. It declares God's purposes nothing, since they cannot be carried out unless men are willing. It makes God's will a waiting servant to the will of man, and the whole covenant of grace dependent on human action; it holds God to be a debtor to sinners. Pride is the sin the prevents salvation, because the sinner will not surrender all.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9
11 for the children being not yet born, neither having done anything good or bad, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth, 12 it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 Even as it is written, Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.