John The Baptist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Baptist' story also has some mirroring to Elijiah and his dealings with King Ahab and Jezebel.

I noticed that, but I don't think there was a beheading involved or was there? I'm a little fuzzy on the details. :/

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the first incident of beheading is in Genesis chapter 40 when Pharoah in Egypt lifted off the Bakers head?

Gen 40:18 And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof: The three baskets are three days:
Gen 40:19 Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.
Gen 40:20 And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
Gen 40:21 And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand:
Gen 40:22 But he hanged the chief baker: as Joseph had interpreted to them.

Well, it says he hanged him..
What does it mean then that he lifted up their heads?

A lot of things that Israel did came from Egypt. A lot of their customs and such.
And so interwoven throughout the bible you can see how Egypt was kind of infiltrated into the laws of Moses as well.

Ye have heard it said... but I say...

rightly dividing the word of truth.

I get blasted sometimes because I say there are lies in the bible.
Not because the bible lies, but because things written in the OT were meshed with other religions in the world.
And they are left in there for us to see and to learn how to discern between God's law and man's law.
But the only way you know them is to find them and weed them out.

It is not lies by deception but rather like testing to see if you can find the difference between truth and lies.

It's kind of like in the sunday newspaper when they have the two pictures that look identical,
except there are 10 differences you have to find...

anywhoo..
hugs

Reactions: April_Rose

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Herod was in an adulterous relationship with his brother Phillip's wife Herodious and John called them on it....She got p.ssed and when an opportunity came to get revenge she did. Simple as that.

Great pic Q.T.!