Judas' Fate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I know it isn't really for us to say wether this man is saved or dammed. He betrayed our lord for 30 pieces of silver and we know also that he was a thief but after our lord Jesus christ was cruficief Judas repented what he had done and gave the money back to the Temple Elders/ This man is reviled and usually seena s one of the most evil people in history but the other day I wa reading the KJ and it clearly said he repented and it made me wonder if he could be saved.

I understand that wether someone is saved or dammed is not for us to say and I know that it was silly for me to ask this question about adam and Eve, but I'd be interested to see what other people think with regards to Judas and his eternity.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
I know it isn't really for us to say wether this man is saved or dammed. He betrayed our lord for 30 pieces of silver and we know also that he was a thief but after our lord Jesus christ was cruficief Judas repented what he had done and gave the money back to the Temple Elders/ This man is reviled and usually seena s one of the most evil people in history but the other day I wa reading the KJ and it clearly said he repented and it made me wonder if he could be saved.

I understand that wether someone is saved or dammed is not for us to say and I know that it was silly for me to ask this question about adam and Eve, but I'd be interested to see what other people think with regards to Judas and his eternity.

We will need to ask him that in heaven, he will be there. Betrayal isn't the unpardonable sin.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Absolutely! it might not ahve been a sin agaisnt eh Holy Spirit but on the other hand it might have been.

If Judas had realised exactly what he'd done and truly repented then and by that I mean full knowledge of what he'd done then far be it from us to condemn him.

If I set up a thread asking wetherHitler would be inHeaven or Hell I know exactly what people would say without a doubt/ He'll burn forever ont he fires of eternal perdision with satan and his angels but it's a tricky question with Judas.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

The Bible says that Judas went to his own place (Acts 1:25). That doesn't really tell us anything. It is not for us to determine it anyway. Yes, Judas betrayed Jesus, but so did all the rest of the Apostles. They were no better than Judas. Where were the rest of the Apostles when Jesus was being judged by Pontius Pilate. They all abandoned HIm. Peter denied Him three times, and that was just as bad as what Judas did. Yet, Jesus forgave them. The possibility exists that Jesus may have forgiven Judas as well. We really don't know.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
There are some that think he is one of the antichrist..........Which he was anti anointing. I am sure Judas was just as excited as the other disciples when he joined the team, and though the lust of money Satan somehow got him to turn on Jesus. Judas was the one that cried the loudest when that expensive perfume got dumped on him. Judas thought it was a waste and should have been sold to the poor as the things of God were not worth a years wage......

Around a 36,000 dollar bottle of perfume just wasted by todays standards..........

Interesting, many Christians think just like Judas, and I hate to think they are on their way to hell. I see Christians criticize Pastors buying expensive cars or owning airplanes, so they would have been right along with Judas complaining that it should have been sold to the poor. Just read our two tithing threads and you will see the same Judas attitude.

We will find out when we get to Heaven what happened to Judas. The book of Acts said Judas went to his own place......... So, we will see what that meant.

Jesus Is Lord.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I was too busy thinking about what Judas did that I overlooked the other disciples and of course they were forgiven. The differene is that they went on to serve God and spread the word, where as Judas committed suicide. If Judas hadn't killed himself and had witnessed the resurrection as with the other disciples then perhaps he would have gone on to serve God as they did. Instead he took a cowardly way out.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

bling

May 5, 2009

Judas, helps us understand how God works with us and others. All the 12 are an example of what we should look for and expect in gathering our small group of students that follow us. Judas had all the potential to be an apostle, so it was up to him. Jesus worked with Judas like God works with us today and did not let the final result affect His actions. If we knew some bad, someone would do in the future, it would be our opportunity and responsibility to try and stop him, but God cannot act that way. God (Jesus) is not trying to “stop” us from sinning, but is trying to use the sins we do to bring us to repentance and asking for forgiveness. The overall objective is to obtain Godly type Love and that is easily accepted as a free undeserving gift in the form of forgiveness (Charity). “…he that is forgiven much will Love much…” Judas could see Jesus forgiving other and first hand experiencing Jesus forgiveness of him for stealing money. (Knowing how Jesus works, Jesus would have already gone to Judas one on one in private, about his taking money and Judas probably stopped.) The “money” was not important for the group, but it did provide a way for others to help (especially wealthy women that could not be apostles at that time). Judas may have stopped stilling the groups money, but he could get some from the Jewish leaders. Judas would have experienced and understood the Christ could never be taken, since he had gotten out of tight situations before. So Judas could point Jesus out without any harm being done, not realizing that Jesus might allow them to take Him. Jesus allowing the Jews to take Him made Judas’ sin huge and Jesus and Judas realized that, but it provided a great opportunity for Judas to repent and seek the Love and forgiveness he had seen Jesus give to others. Judas did not cease this opportunity and killed himself instead.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I believe Judas had all the same opportunity to do right myself...................

Try using paragraphs.............or break it up a little. Was hard to follow..........

Jesus Is Lord.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI

Let get this right:
All Israel shall be saved,
Ro 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Lk 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
Lk 22:4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them

Proponents of freewill must explain why a force outside of Judas needed to be implanted, if he was plotting ahead of time to betray the Lord.
He was not. His God is still God, and the Savior of all men, specially, not only or singularly, them that believe. His reconciliation will occur just as it has for us, only under different terms and timing. Those who believe this truth, as did Paul the apostle must suffer reproach.

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

It is optional to disbelieve God. My choice, my preference rather, is to believe Him. The power and ability to choose comes with His mercy.
fivesense

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Let get this right:

Proponents of freewill must explain why a force outside of Judas needed to be implanted, if he was plotting ahead of time to betray the Lord.

Most have freewill, a few are predestined, some are all ready condemned. It all depends on what you did in the first earth age.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Most have freewill, a few are predestined, some are all ready condemned. It all depends on what you did in the first earth age.

Can you elaborate some Jerry and define more precisely what you mean by "freewill", "predestined", and most importantly "condemned". using some reference scriptures? Thanks
smile.gif

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008

That explains JerryJohnsons post............... He believes in reincarnation......................Man, it all makes sense now......

I am shocked!!!!!!!! Reincarnation?????

Get help Brother JerryJohnson!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
That explains JerryJohnsons post............... He believes in reincarnation......................Man, it all makes sense now......

I am shocked!!!!!!!! Reincarnation?????

Get help Brother JerryJohnson!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

How said anything about reincarnation? My post sure doesn't. Maybe that is why you have so much trouble with Scripture, you read words of your own int it, add a word here and there to try to make a point.

jig,
I leave for work in a short while and will answer your question when I get home.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
JerryJohnson:

You said it depends one what you did in the first earth age. Now, that would be a past life, and if you believe we came back from a past life, that is called reincarnation.

You can dress it up any way you like................ It is what it is...........

I am not judging you, most Christians have something wierd about them. You picked believing in reincarnation. Some drink to much.

Just curious, what were you in this past life.............. a Dog, a Hippo, a person? Do you have flashbacks from it?

Jesus Is Lord.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
JerryJohnson:

You said it depends one what you did in the first earth age. Now, that would be a past life, and if you believe we came back from a past life, that is called reincarnation.

You can dress it up any way you like................ It is what it is...........

I am not judging you, most Christians have something wierd about them. You picked believing in reincarnation. Some drink to much.

Just curious, what were you in this past life.............. a Dog, a Hippo, a person? Do you have flashbacks from it?

Jesus Is Lord.

No, you have it totally wrong. You do not understand the first earth age. It has nothing to do with reincarnation because we were not in flesh bodies. There is a section on the forum called Bible Study Forum, read some of it for a start.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
It's OK JerryJohnson................ So you were some sort of spirit, and what you did in that past "Spirit" life effects your second life now.

Having a flesh body, having a sea horse body, not having a body, it's all good brother JerryJohnson. There are different forms of reincarnation, and thoughts on it.

Groups in India believe in differnent versions of it. No big deal Brother.

So, have you ever come back as a nicer person? Or is Jerryjohnson your first Body and your trying to get it right this time around?

Be blessed Brother JerryJohnson.

Jesus is Lord.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
OK, just a minute! The first age heory sounds great because it explains things like Dinosours, ape creatures and other things like that. It's a good way of explaining how the world can be more than 6,000 years old without contradicting Genesis, so yes I'm in favour of the tehory.

What I'm not so sure about is that we lived and didn't have flesh bodies. i assume you are talking about pre-existance wich I don't deny is possible but is there any scriptural basis to back it up. I know it is often said that when a person is concievd or born, their soul is sent down from Heaven. I once read that there was a chamber of souls beneath the Throne of God on the 7th Heaven and these are the souls of people yet to be born. Is this tthe kind of thing you mean Jerry?

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
OK, just a minute! The first age heory sounds great because it explains things like Dinosours, ape creatures and other things like that. It's a good way of explaining how the world can be more than 6,000 years old without contradicting Genesis, so yes I'm in favour of the tehory.

What I'm not so sure about is that we lived and didn't have flesh bodies. i assume you are talking about pre-existance wich I don't deny is possible but is there any scriptural basis to back it up. I know it is often said that when a person is concievd or born, their soul is sent down from Heaven. I once read that there was a chamber of souls beneath the Throne of God on the 7th Heaven and these are the souls of people yet to be born. Is this tthe kind of thing you mean Jerry?

I will give you an idea where you can find your answers. Spend time studying Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel. You will not get a good understanding of these prophets if you do not check out some of the words in Hebrew.

Why did God tell Jeremiah,
“Jer 1:4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”

Why did God say of Esau and Jacob, Jacob I loved Esau I hated? Before they were even born. Why would He have hated Esau?

Our souls were not in a shoe box under God’s throne.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Those passages could explain pre-existance or predestination (but I'm not a fan of Calvinism) and they also remind us that God is all seeing and all knowing. They don't say anything about a first age of spiritual beings who would one day be clothed in flesh.

Anyway, if souls aren't kept in a "shoebox," where do they reside before they are born?