Judgement/New Heaven/New Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
I've been reading the forum for a while now and I am just trying to get things clear in my mind about various theads I have read. I am not trying to open a "can of worms", but merely trying to see the "big picture" more clearly of the generally accepted beliefs. So please forgive the concepts being stated in such simplistic form, but I am quite new to really reading the Bible and can't quite wrap my head around alot of the things I've read on these forums as yet. I guess I am in the "milk" stage and not even close to being ready for the "meat".So from what I have read these are what seem to be the "steps", if you will, of what will/could/might happen throughout our life/death experiences.1. Everyone is born a natural birth with a sinful nature2. As we age we either accept God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ or deny it 3. At the time of death (our flesh body): If you are Christian, your flesh body lies in the grave and your soul returns to God in Heaven. If you are non-Christian, your flesh body lies in the grave but where does your soul go at this point? Are non-Christians sent to hell at their bodily death? 4. When Jesus returns and establishes his kingdom, all people (bodies?) in the graves will be raised and will go through God's judgement. 5. At some point (not sure when exactly, if it is before or after God's judgement) God will create a New Heaven and New Earth and his Children will be given their allotted place in His KingdomSo my questions are:If Christians go to Heaven at death, wouldn't non-Christians go to Hell at their death? Is this the time of judgement spoken of in the Bible? Or does this only apply to people who are still alive at the time of Jesus return?If God decides at death where our souls go, what is the point of raising the dead to judge them again? It sounds like they will be judged twice.I think I read somewhere that we will be reunited with our flesh bodies at some point. Is this also true for the Christians who went to Heaven at death?If everyone that God decides is worthy of salvation is already a spiritual being in Heaven with Him (from reading somewhere "all will be changed in the twinkling of an eye), what is the point of establishing a New Heaven and New Earth? Who's is going to be inhabiting the New Earth? Or are Christians who are in Heaven going to return to their flesh bodies and inhabit the earth?Yes, I know, quite an in depth post, but like I said, I am in need of "milk" here and likely won't be able to fully understand if you throw too much "meat" at me. So if you have read this far and feel inspired to post, please keep it simple so I can follow along. :eek:

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Hey squeak, I am not really the best one to help you answer these questions b/c i don't know enough myself but I don't want your questions to go unanswered, which is really the reason for this post to bump this back up to the top. Sorry if I am not suppost to do this I just don't want this thread ignored.