Just posted this on my Facebook Page. My thoughts on Death!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Criticism Welcome from My Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Jesus was criticized every single day of his ministry, so why should it be any different for us? As long as I point everyone to him ;)

Why God did my Daughter get killed by that drunk driver?
Why God did my Husband have to die of Cancer?
Why God did I have a baby that died at 1 yr of age?
Why God did my friend run that red light and get killed?
Why God did my fellow co-worker die from an overdose?
Why God did my Uncle die from a jet ski accident?

Here is a totally different perspective on Death. Yes we will mourn and be sad. We are only human. There is Joy though.

Thank You Lord for the 20 years you blessed me with my daughter.
Thank You Lord for allowing me to have a 1 yr anniversary with my Husband.
Thank You Lord for taking my Child to Be with You.
Thank You Lord for the time spent with wonderful conversations, about you, with my friend.
Thank You Lord for allowing me those moments of talking about you before he overdosed.
Thank You Lord for my Uncle who always put you first.

A Christian’s perspective on death should not be one of blaming God. However, it should be a blame of Sin in our world.

“We should not confound the high and perfect standards of God’s Law with how its subsequent justice plays out through the filter of God’s mercy. God’s Law and His mercy work together. They are decidedly cooperative, not mutually exclusive. In fact, if it were not for God’s mercy—if the Law just had its way with sin—then God would have to destroy every person who ever lived, and that would be counterproductive to His reasons for creating us. (to glorify God and to enjoy him forever.)”

We should be amazed that Jesus is so merciful, that he allows each of us to draw one more breath. If the Lord was to step back and let sin take its course, everything in this world would be destroyed. Something to think about. Live everyday as if it was your last. Many of the deaths in the Old Testament, that you were lead to believe came from the Lord's hand, were really just the Lord stepping back and withdrawing his mercy, letting sin run its course. His thoughts are not ours. His wisdom is above all comprehension. Thank You Lord for allowing me to share my thoughts. I welcome arguments against what I posted.

Faith In Christ Alone Justifies Christians.
Christ On The Cross Paid For Our Sins.
His Righteousness Is Imputed To Us!
Jesus Christ ONLY is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
As for those given the opportunity to sufferer, yet fight to stay alive for the sake of their loved ones. I've no doubt it pleases God, not because they suffer but because they endured to the end for others.

Reactions: jshiii

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Criticism Welcome from My Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Jesus was criticized every single day of his ministry, so why should it be any different for us? As long as I point everyone to him ;)

Why God did my Daughter get killed by that drunk driver?
Why God did my Husband have to die of Cancer?
Why God did I have a baby that died at 1 yr of age?
Why God did my friend run that red light and get killed?
Why God did my fellow co-worker die from an overdose?
Why God did my Uncle die from a jet ski accident?

Here is a totally different perspective on Death. Yes we will mourn and be sad. We are only human. There is Joy though.

Thank You Lord for the 20 years you blessed me with my daughter.
Thank You Lord for allowing me to have a 1 yr anniversary with my Husband.
Thank You Lord for taking my Child to Be with You.
Thank You Lord for the time spent with wonderful conversations, about you, with my friend.
Thank You Lord for allowing me those moments of talking about you before he overdosed.
Thank You Lord for my Uncle who always put you first.

A Christian’s perspective on death should not be one of blaming God. However, it should be a blame of Sin in our world.

“We should not confound the high and perfect standards of God’s Law with how its subsequent justice plays out through the filter of God’s mercy. God’s Law and His mercy work together. They are decidedly cooperative, not mutually exclusive. In fact, if it were not for God’s mercy—if the Law just had its way with sin—then God would have to destroy every person who ever lived, and that would be counterproductive to His reasons for creating us. (to glorify God and to enjoy him forever.)”

We should be amazed that Jesus is so merciful, that he allows each of us to draw one more breath. If the Lord was to step back and let sin take its course, everything in this world would be destroyed. Something to think about. Live everyday as if it was your last. Many of the deaths in the Old Testament, that you were lead to believe came from the Lord's hand, were really just the Lord stepping back and withdrawing his mercy, letting sin run its course. His thoughts are not ours. His wisdom is above all comprehension. Thank You Lord for allowing me to share my thoughts. I welcome arguments against what I posted.

Faith In Christ Alone Justifies Christians.
Christ On The Cross Paid For Our Sins.
His Righteousness Is Imputed To Us!
Jesus Christ ONLY is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
No arguments from me brother....I have suffered enough going that other route with being angry with God when my husband died... it caused me to wander aimlessly in the wilderness for many years.