Just wanted to talk about Christian, bible, and stuff like that.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I really have stuff much in mind right now but I want to see what your guys have to say to see what I can see. Maybe I heard something I need to.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
what do you think it means to follow Christ and where is it leading to according to your understanding? 3

Do you know why Christianity was established?

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
My idea is not call a religion. It should be you having a relastionahip with God our father and trying to live like Jesus when he was on Earth. He was like older brother to all of us and we should follow in his foot steps.

Tell no I don't know why!

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
yes you have the right idea. Following Jesus leads us to the point where we can have a relationship with God. The bible says that Jesus is a 'mediator' between man and God
1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus

Christianity was established so that people from all the nations could be joined to God. Before christianity arrived, the only way to worship God was via the Mosaic system. You'd have to become a jewish proselyte and follow the mosaic law. But Christianity changed that requirement. It made approach to God possible through Jesus rather then through the Mosaic law.
Ephesians 2:17 And he came and declared the good news of peace to YOU, the ones far off (the gentile nations), and peace to those near (the jews), 18 because through him we, both peoples, have the approach to the Father by one spirit.

Christianity is founded on the Messianic kingdom...the kingdom of God set up to unite all the nations of mankind under Gods rulership.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
So I do a question. Jewish was first way to God. Does mean jew today will make to haven because to me it would be kinda messed up. Only reason I can think why not is John 13:16 "For God so loved the world. That he gave his only forgotten son. For who ever believe in him should not perish...."

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
So I do a question. Jewish was first way to God. Does mean jew today will make to haven because to me it would be kinda messed up. Only reason I can think why not is John 13:16 "For God so loved the world. That he gave his only forgotten son. For who ever believe in him should not perish...."

the only way 'anyone' gets to heaven is through Jesus Christ. The jews who are following the mosaic law do not believe in Jesus as the way to God...they still look to the mosaic law as their means of salvation. But the scriptures are clear that obedience to the Son is needed, so the answer is no. A jew will not enter heaven by following the mosaic law, nor will anyone else who think the mosaic law is the way to salvation.

If God is no longer using that law covenant as the way to have a relationship with him, then using it for that purpose is futile.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
May ask why did you think God decided to change it up?

because the mosiac law was too difficult for people to abide by. God knows that people will make mistakes and they could never live up to the mosaic laws in all its requirements. It really was only given to the Isrealites to ensure that the Messiah could be born into a nation where Gods holy laws were being observed....and also i should add that it was so mankind could know what Gods standards and laws entailed.

However, before the mosaic law was introduced, there were many men who were in a good standing with God....that shows us that the mosaic law was not required in order to please God or have a relationship with him. Abraham did not live under the mosaic law...nor did Able or Noah or Job... yet they all had a good relationship with God because they had faith. And that is what pleases God... if you have faith as Jesus said we must, then you can have a relationship with God and you dont need to mosaic law for that.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Ok.

For my understand of the rapish that there is 7 horns. I am not sure of them but some people are saying three of them all ready gone off like one nature distress one.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Missed spelt and cant spell it sorry. End of the world.

the end of the world, ahh. lol

the end of the world does not mean the destruction of the earth. Sometimes the bible uses the word 'world' to refer to mankind in general...It says about the Deluge in the days of Noah 2Peter 3:5 For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.
Who were destroyed in Noahs flood? It was the people of that time. So this is an example of how the 'world' can mean the 'people'

Peter goes on to say that another destruction will come upon people or 'the world' in the 'last days'
2Peter 3:7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men

So the 'last days' or the 'end of the world' will once again be a time when God will intervene in earths affairs and he will remove all the people who oppose righteousness and goodness...all the wicked will be removed according to the hebrew scriptures:
Psalm 37:10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be

This is the time that Jesus said he would judge all the nations and some would depart into 'everlasting life', but others would depart into 'everlasting cutting off'
Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.... 46 And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

When that time comes (and it is now) we must be sure we are proving ourselves to be the sheep that Jesus puts on his right side... if we prove to be goats, we will be cut off along with the wicked.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I know the world going to destroyed. I know 7 year thing. Horns what I want to talk about the sign.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I know the world going to destroyed. I know 7 year thing. Horns what I want to talk about the sign.

hmmm maybe you mean the scripture in Revelation 5:6 And I saw standing in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures and in the midst of the elders a lamb as though it had been slaughtered, having seven horns and seven eyes, which [eyes] mean the seven spirits of God that have been sent forth into the whole earth.

the sign that we are living in the 'last days' is given by Jesus at
Matthew 24:3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

What do you want to know about these? Do you see evidence that we are living in the time of the sign being fulfilled today?

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
One I think is about going right now is the Earthquakes which happening more often. I don't think we are there yet but it coming closer. May I say how do we know hasnt happen. Do you think God would let happen with out us seeing it. If you notice that many other religions. Other things like that.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
May ask why did you think God decided to change it up?

Actually God never changed it up. The Old Law was never meant to be anyone's way to literal salvation, but only the way to the source of salvation, Jesus the Christ. And that Old Law Covenant was meant to then end.

Galatians 3:21 "Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law."

Galatians 3:22 "But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe."

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Pegg understands this.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Isn't that new textment which after Jesus coming? Wouldn't that make a big difference?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Wayne means "Rapture". And Wayne, John 3:16 doesn't say "forgotten son"; it says, "Begotten son". Big difference! I forget, but is English your first language?

7 horns is mentioned in Rev 5:6. Are you sure you aren't thinking of 7 heads and 10 horns? That would be in Revelations 12:3.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Yes English is my first language. I have disabilities that won't let me match letter to sound and when I can't properly say a word doesn't help.

I don't I just know many chirstian that will say three of the horns went off. I know last one suppose to be world peace or the holy land become in peace with who they are at war. I am sorry I can't be more detailed.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
One I think is about going right now is the Earthquakes which happening more often. I don't think we are there yet but it coming closer. May I say how do we know hasnt happen. Do you think God would let happen with out us seeing it. If you notice that many other religions. Other things like that.

the sign that Jesus gave was a sign for his disciples to know when he had returned. Luke used the greek word 'parousia' in Matthew 24:3“Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your 'parousia' and of the conclusion of the system of things?” this word literally means 'presence' it is formed by the greek words: pa‧ra′ (alongside) and ou‧si′a (being). Hence, pa‧rou‧si′a literally means, “being alongside,”
but most translators render it as 'return' or 'coming' for some reason.

the sign would be seen over a period of time... and therefore, Jesus would be alongside that sign for the entire period of time before the end. So Jesus has been here since the sign began to be noticed almost 100 years ago. Thats when he returned and thats when the 'last days' began. He has been given the kingdom of God and has begun ruling it from heaven. Most christians have failed to notice this because they are taught he kingdom will be on earth...so they are waiting for an earthly appearance of the kingdom of God... but that wont happen.

The parousia of Christ is here now. Thats why i said 'now' is the time of the judging.