Keep Your Eyes on Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus reference here was to his own arrival. The three wise men from the east were switched on to these prophecies as was Anna and Simeon.

Okay but he's re-arrival-ing and I feel like the second return is as important as the first one, especially since the second time the earth burns up and everything is gone so there's no like second chance for humanity, that's kind of it

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gave a short range forecast for Jerusalem which was to result as a rejection of him. The fulfilment of Biblical prophecy in the Old Testament has a different application. I would say, be mindful how you understand and use language.

I know you are approaching it from the perspective of Adventist eschatology, but while I feel that this normally only effects Adventists who subscribe to it, here your eschatology is leading you to tell others to break a direct command given in the both the Gospels and the Epistles. I don't think you would want to do that if you were aware you actually were. I am sure in your heart you would not if you realized that's what you were doing.

This is why I am bringing it up. Be mindful that if your eschatology is wrong that you are influencing people to break Biblical command here.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay but he's re-arrival-ing and I feel like the second return is as important as the first one, especially since the second time the earth burns up and everything is gone so there's no like second chance for humanity, that's kind of it
He will return again in the clouds for all to see, for sure. That does not mean our focus is to be on Israel. We are told to discern the signs of the times....National Israel is part of the problem. What sort of solution is expected by watching National Israel?

Old Testament prophecies which are used to highlight national Israel are misapplied. Knowing how this misapplication came about is worth chasing up.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
National Israel has abandoned Jesus....they look for another. The religious side of National Israel are geared to continue the sacrifices of animals....this patently says that Jesus is not their Messiah......so why would one who believes in Jesus look to National Israel?

You say because the prophecies yet Jesus says when the spirit of truth comes he will point us to him.....not to the Spirit, not to Israel but to Jesus.....Now, what does that mean is the question.

Jesus told Israel, 'your house has been left desolate' ...he was speaking specifically of the temple which he had left for the last time....the very temple which he was the embodiment of.

And might I ask, what great thing do you hope to see by looking to National Israel?....because it's not Jesus!
Until all prophesy concerning Israel is come to pass then His return is delayed

Reactions: Truman and Bobby Jo

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so why would one who believes in Jesus look to National Israel
Those who bless you will he blessed, thise who curse you will be cursed. Be careful!

You say because the prophecies yet Jesus says when the spirit of truth comes he will point us to him
That's right, when Jesus returns soon, He will stand in Jerusalem and every eye will see him. I'd say that the Holy Spirit will set out gaze in Him, our course, we will ha e just been raptured.
And might I ask, what great thing do you hope to see by looking to National Israel?
Always keep an eye on Israel because Jerusalem has always been the center of Biblical history. All present and future prophecies involve Israel. Israel becoming a nation in 1948, Jews coming back to Israel after being scattered throughout the world 19 centuries ago. And now we see signs of a One World Government takeover, the Antichrist and now war. All nations surrounding Israel will attack her as prophecy claims and now we dont have their backs. That is a signal for them to start trouble. It could escalate into a nuclear war.
If you don't want to keep your eyes on Israel, take a nap, we'll keep you in formed.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will return again in the clouds for all to see, for sure. That does not mean our focus is to be on Israel. We are told to discern the signs of the times....National Israel is part of the problem. What sort of solution is expected by watching National Israel?

Old Testament prophecies which are used to highlight national Israel are misapplied. Knowing how this misapplication came about is worth chasing up.

But again, Quiet, you are assuming they have been misapplied...

I fear to do this because I know how involved Adventist thought can be, but suppose we actually looked at some of the scriptures that advised believers to "watch" for what was coming upon Israel in the end-times. Could we discuss this politely? (and to your credit, you usually are, so I am saying it maybe for everyone's sake :) ).

I could write up a piece on it tomorrow, and then tag everyone here including you if you like?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who bless you will he blessed, thise who curse you will be cursed. Be careful!

That's right, when Jesus returns soon, He will stand in Jerusalem and every eye will see him. I'd say that the Holy Spirit will set out gaze in Him, our course, we will ha e just been raptured.

Always keep an eye on Israel because Jerusalem has always been the center of Biblical history. All present and future prophecies involve Israel. Israel becoming a nation in 1948, Jews coming back to Israel after being scattered throughout the world 19 centuries ago. And now we see signs of a One World Government takeover, the Antichrist and now war. All nations surrounding Israel will attack her as prophecy claims and now we dont have their backs. That is a signal for them to start trouble. It could escalate into a nuclear war.
If you don't want to keep your eyes on Israel, take a nap, we'll keep you in formed.
Didn't they just return to speaking Hebrew, too, and a return of some coin? I can't remember what that coin was.

I have a ten string lyre. I got that lyre because I was inspired from another 10 string harp called the kinnor. It was part of Jewish prophecy that David's harp would not return until soon before the return of the Messiah. (Messianic Jews, I believe.) The designer created the harp in the 90s and was somehow able to compare it to the David's harp. It was a replica. I believe it had been about 2,000 years before the harp was recreated. David's harp had been badly destroyed, if I remember correctly.

I am getting ready to go out to pick up a clothing iron, but I will come back in a few hours to respond. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not ignoring you.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone besides me enjoy the Communion of @FluffyYellowDuck and @Heart2Soul in: Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them --?

But what is sin except to interrupt when the Spirit of GOD is moving on the hearts and minds of HIS Children?!? So maybe we should all back out and leave this discussion to continue it's own course???

Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone besides me enjoy the Communion of @FluffyYellowDuck and @Heart2Soul in: Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them --?

But what is sin except to interrupt when the Spirit of GOD is moving on the hearts and minds of HIS Children?!? So maybe we should all back out and leave this discussion to continue it's own course???

Bobby Jo
❤❤❤

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eyes on Israel, yes!!

Zechariah 12:1-10 KJV
1) The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
2) Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
3) And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
4) In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.
5) And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.
6) In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
7) The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8) In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
9) And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10) And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zechariah 14:1-9 KJV
1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5) And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7) But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8) And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9) And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

This seems clear to me, Israel is center stage for the end of the age.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why the call must be made . ENTER into the ark , WHICH IS CHRIST , before the door slams shut and the wailing begins .
JESUS is the only name whereby one may be saved . THUS , JESUS ALONE is who the lambs shall point too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep our eyes on Jerusalem . Heavenly Jerusalem . For one day in an hour known to none
the sky is gonna rip and the lambs gonna take a trip. But woe wail for the world on that day .
Let all start pointing to JESUS only more and more . Time is getting shorter all the time .
Speaking of natural jerusalem she too had to come back into existance . The two witnesses shall be killed
in the streets of spiritual sodom , where also our Lord was crucified . Yep its in revelation .
Everything is going as according to prophecy . Cling to CHRIST and armour up . Get the glorious gospel out .
And let the Lord be praised my friends .

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God told me to keep my eyes on Israel as prophesy one after another is being fulfilled I have done as He said...
And I am in prayer as I see more and more of prophesy being fulfilled...

Amen! I've focused on Israel because Hal Lindsey and Gordon Lindsay, as well as other authors, wrote a lot about that country with respect to biblical prophecy. Many of these authors are Pretrib, and although I'm Postrib, I still have gained much from them with respect to biblical prophecy.

The only difference is, I believe we'll still be around for the ride through the time of Antichrist, encouraging those who wish to embrace Christ both as individual Savior, and also as national Savior.

These are very troubled times for all nations. But our hope is in the Creator who knows the end from the beginning. And it's going to turn out good for both Christian nations and Israel, which will become a Christian nation.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
@Heart2Soul Do you have verses for these prophecies? I'd like to read into it myself. It isn't something I've looked into as much as I should.

I do think we also need to pray for the US. Someone sent me a link today and something clicked that makes me think we're on the verge of a Civil War or something. I don't know what it is but it is something.

What does the Word of GOD say? What did JESUS say? The Word is GOD.

JESUS said: Matt. 25:v.31-32 -
31 - When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations...

Revelation 11:v. 18
18 And the nations were (will be) angry, and thy wrath (GOD's wrath) is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that GOD should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear His name, small and great;
and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 11:v.15
15 -
The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD (the Devil's world) are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.

JEREMIAH 11:v.11 and 14

11 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.

14 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But again, Quiet, you are assuming they have been misapplied...

I fear to do this because I know how involved Adventist thought can be, but suppose we actually looked at some of the scriptures that advised believers to "watch" for what was coming upon Israel in the end-times. Could we discuss this politely? (and to your credit, you usually are, so I am saying it maybe for everyone's sake :) ).

I could write up a piece on it tomorrow, and then tag everyone here including you if you like?
I am familiar with how the focus on National Israel in much of modern Christianity has come about.
Posting a truck load of words on any view goes nowhere. Even the juiciest steak for those with full bellies is unpalatable.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
The worst will come: Remember: Matthew 24:v.15 to 25

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Heart2Soul , I'm wondering which Israel is discussed in the prophecies you've mentioned. Are you certain it's refering to the current nation of Israel? I know the scriptures refer to grafting people into Israel:

Romans 11:24
“For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?”