''Keep'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Do we all agree that Jesus Christ The Lord Himself ...IS the fulfillment of our Sabbath.
In one sense we certainly find rest in Him, but to take it so far as most do as here...
For sure Helen...He is also the fulfillment of ALL the Law...
means very few understand the true essence if Sabbath keeping. It isn't about law keeping. I dint observe the Sabbath because the law says to any more than I don't lie with my neighbour because the law says not to.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is to say that Saturday should be set aside?
Well the Jews have maintained for a long time that Saturday (the 7th day) begins at sunset on Friday evening and ends at sunset Saturday evening. And Orthodox Jews maintain this Sabbath.

But getting back to your point, if the principles of the 7th day sabbath, and the reason for its observance, are transferred to the Lord's Day (the first day of the week clearly mentioned in Revelation 1:10) then no one should object to the Christian Sabbath. Indeed most commentators on the Lord's Day interpret it in this way.

As to the OP, the one word that is missing for *keep* is maintain. Which means observe or practice.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Jews have maintained for a long time that Saturday (the 7th day) begins at sunset on Friday evening and ends at sunset Saturday evening. And Orthodox Jews maintain this Sabbath.

But getting back to your point, if the principles of the 7th day sabbath, and the reason for its observance, are transferred to the Lord's Day (the first day of the week clearly mentioned in Revelation 1:10) then no one should object to the Christian Sabbath. Indeed most commentators on the Lord's Day interpret it in this way.

As to the OP, the one word that is missing for *keep* is maintain. Which means observe or practice.
I always thought "the Lord's Day" mentioned by John in Revelation was what the Old Testament prophets called the "Day of the LORD."

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
To KEEP the Sabbath of the LORD GOD for true believers shall be to "REMEMBER the Sabbath" for the LORD GOD'S great deeds of SALVATION, ON it. Jesus "the Son of Man Lord of the Sabbath Day", by having "IN THE FLESH COME .. again from the dead" : "ON THE SABBATH", determined which and what 'day' the Sabbath forever had been "made", and forever on would be "remembered" for, and accordingly in our time without any doubt, on earth, is for-- "for man".

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To KEEP the Sabbath of the LORD GOD for true believers shall be to "REMEMBER the Sabbath" for the LORD GOD'S great deeds of SALVATION, ON it. Jesus "the Son of Man Lord of the Sabbath Day", by having "IN THE FLESH COME .. again from the dead" : "ON THE SABBATH", determined which and what 'day' the Sabbath forever had been "made", and forever on would be "remembered" for, and accordingly in our time without any doubt, on earth, is for-- "for man".
This would be the day He rested from all His works.

Reactions: Helen

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I always thought "the Lord's Day" mentioned by John in Revelation was what the Old Testament prophets called the "Day of the LORD."

And I for a long time have come to realise "the Lord's Day" and "the Day of the LORD" and "the Last Day" and "the Seventh Day" bear one and the same received Divine dignity, and therefore are (like the star of David's points which can as well point inwards), indicative of "Sabbath Day" -- in New Testament terminology the Greek Hebraism Possessive "Sabbatohn" (Plural) and or "Sabbatou" (Singular) : 'The-Seventh-Day-of-the-WEEK' being the peculiar Christian Holy Day that gave meaning and origin to the concept of 'the week', now used secularly worldwide for 2000 years already.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
if the principles of the 7th day sabbath, and the reason for its observance, are transferred to the Lord's Day (the first day of the week clearly mentioned in Revelation 1:10) then no one should object to the Christian Sabbath. Indeed most commentators on the Lord's Day interpret it in this way.

Slyly smuggling in the LIE <(the first day of the week clearly mentioned in Revelation 1:10)> with the truth, and voila! Holy Christian Bigotry!

Reactions: brakelite

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and He will reveal as He knows where our hearts are

This quote above is wisdom.

For knowledge is the knowing of facts, wisdom is the proper use of those facts.

For we are all equally blind when it comes to the things of God and the Kingdom of Heaven. So blessed is the heart that knows this truth and waits before God to be taught from above.

Be blessed as the Spirit teaches us all things, Not me

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This quote above is wisdom.

For knowledge is the knowing of facts, wisdom is the proper use of those facts.

For we are all equally blind when it comes to the things of God and the Kingdom of Heaven. So blessed is the heart that knows this truth and waits before God to be taught from above.

Be blessed as the Spirit teaches us all things, Not me

That's easy enough

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Day of the LORD is a period of wrath and divine judgments, which will correspond to the Great Tribulation. It has no connection to the Lord's Day, when John was in the Spirit and communed with Christ (as should all Christians).

But the Lord's Day is the day on which the Lord rose from the dead (the morrow after the Sabbath connected with the Feast of First Fruits and also Pentecost) as the firstfruits of those who will be resurrected. Thus we also have the Lord's Table and the Lord's Supper reserved for that day. And it is also the day on which the Holy Spirit was poured out on the Day of Pentecost, and over 3,000 souls were saved.

The first day of the week is also the eighth day, and Bible scholars have noted that the number 8 stands for a new creation. Circumcision was to be done on the eighth day, and eight souls were saved in Noah's Ark. It is also noteworthy that because Thomas doubted the resurrection of Christ, Jesus waited until the following Lord's Day to appear to Thomas and be worshiped by him.

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. (John 20:26)