''Keep'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of the LORD is a period of wrath and divine judgments, which will correspond to the Great Tribulation. It has no connection to the Lord's Day, when John was in the Spirit and communed with Christ (as should all Christians).
I would say the exact opposite.
But the Lord's Day is the day on which the Lord rose from the dead (the morrow after the Sabbath connected with the Feast of First Fruits and also Pentecost) as the firstfruits of those who will be resurrected.
You say. You can call Sunday the "Lord's Day" but I see nothing in Scripture that does. I also see nothing that says he was resurrected on a Sunday. What I do see is that when the women showed up on a Sunday morning, he was already risen.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The first day of the week is also the eighth day,

...strange, never seen that in the Bible...

The first day of the week is also the eighth day, and Bible scholars have noted that the number 8 stands for a new creation.

And what has any of the three things, got to do with one another? And the Scripture for faking Sunday propaganda, <The first day of the week is also the eighth day>?

Bible scholars have noted that the number 8 stands for a new creation.

Have noted... where?

Circumcision was to be done on the eighth day, and eight souls were saved in Noah's Ark.

So?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thomas doubted the resurrection of Christ, Jesus waited until the following Lord's Day to appear to Thomas and be worshiped by him. And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. (John 20:26)
According to you therefore, eight days after Sunday, in fact as you note, after eight days after was on Sunday? I would say after eight days after Sunday would be on Tuesday.
And which is your Scripture for stating, <Jesus waited until the following Lord's Day to appear to Thomas>... Jesus appeared to Thomas on the Lord's Day? Te dik vir 'n daalder!

Charles Spurgeon - The Prince of Preachers

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You say. You can call Sunday the "Lord's Day" but I see nothing in Scripture that does. I also see nothing that says he was resurrected on a Sunday. What I do see is that when the women showed up on a Sunday morning, he was already risen.

Although no one <can call Sunday the "Lord's Day">, no doubt, excellent post! Amen!

Reactions: Giuliano

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That's because you have failed to *look* hard enough. Keep looking and you will arrive at the truth.

Frankly the best ever argument and defence for Sunday sacredness and worship I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE!

Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn Just now ·
That's because you have failed to *look* hard enough. Keep looking and you will arrive at the truth.
The Best Is Sunday's

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean, Willie?
I was laughing at being so awed at being in the presence of someone who has written more than anyone else ever has in all of history about a subject. (Self aggrandizing arrogance tickles me.)

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was laughing at being so awed at being in the presence of someone who has written more than anyone else ever has in all of history about a subject. (Self aggrandizing arrogance tickles me.)

I love accuracy. You failed again; you failed to notice I said I have written more than everyone else ever together have in all of history about the subject of the Sabbath. That's true.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
An honest heart does not fear the light. A sincere soul is willing to be searched by the Truth. .. If you are unable now to endure the feeble probing of one of his servants, how will it fair in a soon coming day when the Lord Himself shall search you through and through? AW Pink

Reactions: brakelite

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nancy and Helen may 'like' this, but I loathe it as this here 'translation' is not the Scripture but Sunday-idolising worshipping. It's only purpose with its absolute abuse of Colossians 2 is to discredit the New Testament Sabbath Day OF THE LORD OF THE SABBATH, THE LORD JESUS the very "SUBSTANCE OF SABBATHS' FEAST" because He ROSE FROM THE DEAD WHEN "Sabbath in the inclining light of the Sabbath Day towards the First Day of the week .. the angel of the Lord cast the stone from the door of the grave" exactly according to the Scriptures of the Lord Jesus' Last Passover Suffering and Triumph.

As Luther said, "Here I stand, so help me God!", change God's Word, and you changed Gods. But I won't.
Hello @GerhardEbersoehn ,

It is not the Scripture that I have quoted that you object to I am sure: for it is the Word of God from Colossians: but it is my use of it on this occassion. So I will leave it with you and let God be the arbiter in regard to the subject of the keeping of the Sabbath day.

You feel strongly about this, and you love the Lord, so I will leave you in His loving care. Forgive me for being the cause of offense to you.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Nancy

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello @GerhardEbersoehn ,

It is not the Scripture that I have quoted that you object to I am sure: for it is the Word of God from Colossians: but it is my use of it on this occassion. So I will leave it with you and let God be the arbiter in regard to the subject of the keeping of the Sabbath day.

You feel strongly about this, and you love the Lord, so I will leave you in His loving care. Forgive me for being the cause of offense to you.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

First, you have not offended me. Please accept you have not. On the contrary, you (delightfully) surprised me beyond measure (as I have told you) with the COURAGE AND HONESTY OF YOUR OWN (novel and unique and) CHALLENGING conviction and confession of faith. And I thanked you for it and for having STATED it before I replied anything else.

Now I do <feel very strongly> about Colossians 2, its usual 'translation' in verses 14 to 16 AND, further.
Again I have written more than everybody before me on this Scripture, and rolling over for laughter at my audacity for saying, will change nothing of the truth of the fact.

I am obliged to inform you something which you definitely do not know yet about this 'translation' with its uncountable variations on the same string, What you read, reading these variations, are only variations on the SDA string in the major key of SDA bias and ignorance, and play so in the hands of the legalists, not into the gracious bonds wherein and wherewith the Lord Jesus Christ set us FREE.

To explain. I present to you the most exact LITERAL translation there can be, that, by myself, which brought upon me the scorn, jesting and unmingled wrath and abuse of the Christian world of learning, but which never for half a century of bogus Bible translations, produced as much as one linguistic, semantic, grammatical or syntactical contra-indication EVER.

To begin with, my first book on Colossians in English and placed on Internet, http://www.biblestudents.co.za/books/Book 4, 2. Col.pdf

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm quite certain the Bible does not say Jesus was resurrected on a Sunday. It just doesn't say that. You may believe that, but the Bible doesn't say that.

You follow the Catholic Tradition in this as do most Protestants. They don't use the pagan gods' names in any of the names of the days of week but use numbers instead for days two through seven. The first day of the week they call "Dies Domini" or "the Lord's Day" in English.

John Paul II wrote a letter about it that perhaps you may enjoy. I don't buy it myself.

Dies Domini (May 31, 1998) | John Paul II

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"Dies Domini" or "the Lord's Day" in English.

Correct. In Revelation an Adjectival is used, translating literally, 'lordly day'. I think you said above ,,, let me check up ...
1) Enoch :
The Day of the LORD is a period of wrath and divine judgments, which will correspond to the Great Tribulation. It has no connection to the Lord's Day, when John was in the Spirit and communed with Christ (as should all Christians).
Giuliano :
<
I would say the exact opposite.>

2) Enoch :
But the Lord's Day is the day on which the Lord rose from the dead (the morrow after the Sabbath connected with the Feast of First Fruits and also Pentecost) as the firstfruits of those who will be resurrected.
Giuliano :
<
You say. You can call Sunday the "Lord's Day" but I see nothing in Scripture that does. I also see nothing that says he was resurrected on a Sunday. What I do see is that when the women showed up on a Sunday morning, he was already risen.>>>

Two things,
1) <<You say ... the Lord's Day is the day on which the Lord rose>>
and
2) <<I see nothing in Scripture that does. I also see nothing that says he was resurrected on a Sunday. What I do see is that when the women showed up on a Sunday morning, he was already risen>>

put together, say what Giuliano says, the Lord's Day is the day on which the Lord rose, and that day was the Sabbath.

No two ways about it; then why don't you say it without mincing matters?

Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. In Revelation an Adjectival is used, translating literally, 'lordly day'. I think you said above ,,, let me check up ...
1) Enoch :
Giuliano :
<
I would say the exact opposite.>

2) Enoch :
Giuliano :
<
You say. You can call Sunday the "Lord's Day" but I see nothing in Scripture that does. I also see nothing that says he was resurrected on a Sunday. What I do see is that when the women showed up on a Sunday morning, he was already risen.>>>

Two things,
1) <<You say ... the Lord's Day is the day on which the Lord rose>>
and
2) <<I see nothing in Scripture that does. I also see nothing that says he was resurrected on a Sunday. What I do see is that when the women showed up on a Sunday morning, he was already risen>>

put together, say what Giuliano says, the Lord's Day is the day on which the Lord rose, and that day was the Sabbath.

No two ways about it; then why don't you say it without mincing matters?
This is the assurance I rest in(His resurrection) for me this is everyday.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The major flaw in this idea is that the Sabbath was originally the day of God's rest. Therefore Christ (who is the Creator) RESTED on the Sabbath after His crucifixion, and rose again on the "morrow after the Sabbath" to fulfil the Feast of First Fruits. The first day of Creation corresponded to the first day of the New Creation.