Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Jesus come to do away with the old law?
No. He told us this quite specifically.
He fulfilled the law. Which means he kept it perfectly.

Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law.

That's as clear as it gets.

Nothing disappears from the law until all is fulfilled.

There is more to come as regards the Messiah prophecies.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wrote the ten commandments in stone.

Zec 7:12
Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.

2Co 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

The epistle of Christ.

2Th 3:6
Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
2Th 3:7
For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
2Th 3:8
Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
2Th 3:9
Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

So you know it says that the commandments were sent down by God and were ordained by angels.
Gal 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Now under the Old covenant Aaron was the priest and he was sent to minister to the Lord.

Exo 28:35
And it shall be upon Aaron to minister: and his sound shall be heard when he goeth in unto the holy place before the LORD, and when he cometh out, that he die not.

But there was a change in the priesthood under the New Covenant:

1Co 3:5
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1Co 4:1
Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2Co 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

So the things that Aaron ministered according to the law has now been given into the hands of the Apostles.

2Co 6:1
We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2Co 6:2
(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. )

In the OT Moses was the mediator. In the NT Jesus is the Mediator.
In the OT Moses established the Law with the blood of animals. (flesh)
In the NT Jesus established Grace with his own blood. (Spirit)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And has set them as Kings and priests..

Rev 1:6
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

hmmm.... Unto God and his Father.
Am I reading that right? Is that a typo?

So here is the crossroads.
You have a choice. You can follow Moses and the angels who ministered the law in the OT
or
You can follow Jesus and the Apostles who minister grace in the NT.

So comes the question:
Is the Sabbath by law or by grace?
Do we need to work to attain it, or have we already been freely given it by faith?

Paul mentioned something about man's bread, and he has to do physical work to earn money to pay for it.
So he won't be found a beggar or a thief. I get it. We all have jobs to do. And if want man's bread on our tables then we aught to have a job and earn it.

But the bible isn't so much about man's bread that we need to sustain our souls, it only sustains our flesh.

So we see a Sabbath that was structured for the flesh so man don't have to work for infinity without a day of rest to put food on the table.
And God said, take this rest, this physical rest on this particular day. The seventh day.

The world will do what it will. And it will take every day off and become extremely lazy and gluttoneous and no work will be done.
Ao we have two extremes here according to the flesh.
In Egypt (the world) they made people work everyday to fill Pharoahs treasure houses. But they also ate pretty good. They said so themselves. And they considered themselves overworked while Pharaoh considered them idle. Ye are Idle, Idle!
I can still hear him complaining lol.

But there is also a Sabbath for the spirit in man, and this Sabbath doesn't come from the world. It is not written in stone, it is not ministered to hearts of stone.
This Sabbath is a spiritual Sabbath and we have freely recieved this rest from the world and it's rules and been transfered into a new Kingdom a spiritual Kingdom which God has recreated for himself and for those who walk by faith and not by sight.

Here is the argument:
According to the law we must keep a physical sabbath to refresh the physical body from the rigor of the world's demands.
According to grace, we have already recieved that spiritual sabbath man has been seeking for since the beginning of time to refresh our spirit in from the rigor of the spiritual war we all face on a daily basis.

This battle between flesh and spirit has been at enmity with eachother since the garden of Eden.

The OT says if my people keep this physical sabbath day, then all the world will know you by this sign I have given you. This Sabbath under the law.
The NT says if my people keep this spiritual sabbath day, then all the world will know you by the fruit you bare. This Sabbath of grace.

The OT Sabbath is rest from physical labor. The NT Sabbath is rest from spiritual warfare.
And this battle been going on a long long time and still we haven't found a reasonable answer how to find peace with both flesh and spirit.

Now Paul says, just because I am a minister of the gospel (spirit) doesn't mean I don't have to work (flesh) to eat.
So we have two breads set on the table. The bread which is of the world, man's bread. And the bread which is of God, the Gospel.

Somehow Paul managed to do both, even though he probably got in a lot of hot water about whether to work this way or that was the right way.
Meaning.. If someone needed to be helped on the physical Sabbath day, Paul would not refrain from having compassion and helping someone on any day. It is our duty to serve God by doing good works on any day. That is what Jesus taught us.
If someone needed to hear the Gospel, it wasn't only preached on the Sabbath day like it was in the temple under the OT.
But it was preached in and out of season, whenever the occasion arose.

There is a lot of depth to the meaning of the Sabbath. It is not just a day, and it is not just one way it is kept.
And the more you dig the more you find, God's Sabbath is a real mystery.
On that day God rested from all his work.
Now God made the physical world and he also created everything in the spiritual world.
God created His Kingdom and God created Man's Kingdom and then set man in it to rule over it.
And Man is Lord of his own Sabbath.

God tried to show them, that His rest meant ceasing from doing the works which the world required in order to "earn" their bread.
6 days God freely gave man manna, and on the 7th day he rested.
They could only enter into His rest when they would cease from ALL their works.
And that day came when Jesus walked among men.

For God gave man 6 days or 6000 years to do the work required of them to earn salvation.
Man could not earn it. They could not keep it. They could not save themselves. They could not or would not give eachother rest from their labours, or their animals or their crops. Man worked and worked and worked. They did not show any love to their neighbor.
Eventually all work and no play would lead to war and destruction.

God set a day for all mankind to find a way we could all enjoy His rest. And that Day is the day Jesus Christ was born.
He ushered in the day of grace when men knock on the door to find pasture.
But the conditions to enter are, you must confess your sins and come clean, you must repent and stop doing bad things, and you must lay your own life and your own ways and the ways of the world down and die to them, let them go.
And believe in your heart and in your mind and in your soul that God who created the Son for us, would give us our Sabbath which is God's Sabbath in Him. And God provides the spiritual food we all need to be perfect as he is.

This is the rest Israel has been searching for, not the physical rest for the flesh, but rather that spiritual rest which was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that we have now found by believing and having faith and listening to the voice of his son, and the ministers he has sent, his Apostles.

We have to decide if we will live by the world's rules according to the flesh, having it lead us to him.
or live by Jesus' rules according to the spirit, having him lead us to himself.

Paul didn't teach us that one ruled more than the other. But what he did teach is that it is good to work for man's bread, to sustain the physical body, so not to be a burden on others, while at the same time walking in the spirit according to the Gospel God gave us to spiritually rest in is better.
And while we are in the world and not of the world, we should give each other rest, thereby fulfilling all the law, of love thy neighbor (give them rest from their labours) as thyself.

The Sabbath was made for man so we would give each other rest, the same way he gave man rest.
Follow Him.

:D
Hugs

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. He told us this quite specifically.
He fulfilled the law. Which means he kept it perfectly.

Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law.

That's as clear as it gets.

Nothing disappears from the law until all is fulfilled.

There is more to come as regards the Messiah prophecies.

And this how false beliefs start, and are promulgated and survive so long.

I call my ministry the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. Life long education in five countries. The Bible and Christian history with a focus on debunking false beliefs. Some false beliefs are caused by ignorance and some are malicious.

So you told Zachariah that “Nothing disappears from the law until all is fulfilled”….this is true, except the Law does not apply to Christians. The Law is for the Jews.

People that start or maintain false belief are counting on people not reading the Bible. If they read the scriptures they would know that Paul told us ten ways to Sunday that he was not under the Law and Christians are not under the Law. Paul made it clear that we are not under the law in anyway and that the law was inferior to Christ's teachings. Hebrew 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second.

2nd Corinthians 3:7-18 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory. For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it. For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory. Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Hebrews 8:13
When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.”

1st Cor. 9:20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;

Galatians 3:1-4 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Galatians 5:1-4
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Look! I, Paul, tell you that if you have yourselves circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to you. And I testify again to every man who has himself circumcised, that he is obligated to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace.

Galatians 3:12 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.

Galatians 3:24-26 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not listen to the Law?

Romans 4:15 for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.

Romans 5:13 For until the Law sin was in the world; sin is not “imputed” when there is no Law.

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the spirit, you are not under the Law.

Romans 6:14 & 18 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the law, but under grace & 18 Being then free from sin, you become the servants of righteousness.

Romans 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 7:8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath you free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

1st John3:6: Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

2nd Cor. 3:3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.

Hebrews 10:1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Act 13:38-39 Paul said, Therefore let it be known to you brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and through
Him everyone who believes is freed from all things, from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this how false beliefs start, and are promulgated and survive so long.

I call my ministry the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. Life long education in five countries. The Bible and Christian history with a focus on debunking false beliefs. Some false beliefs are caused by ignorance and some are malicious.

So you told Zachariah that “Nothing disappears from the law until all is fulfilled”….this is true, except the Law does not apply to Christians. The Law is for the Jews.

People that start or maintain false belief are counting on people not reading the Bible. If they read the scriptures they would know that Paul told us ten ways to Sunday that he was not under the Law and Christians are not under the Law. Paul made it clear that we are not under the law in anyway and that the law was inferior to Christ's teachings. Hebrew 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second.

2nd Corinthians 3:7-18 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory. For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it. For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory. Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Hebrews 8:13
When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.”

1st Cor. 9:20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;

Galatians 3:1-4 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Galatians 5:1-4
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Look! I, Paul, tell you that if you have yourselves circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to you. And I testify again to every man who has himself circumcised, that he is obligated to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace.

Galatians 3:12 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.

Galatians 3:24-26 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not listen to the Law?

Romans 4:15 for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.

Romans 5:13 For until the Law sin was in the world; sin is not “imputed” when there is no Law.

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the spirit, you are not under the Law.

Romans 6:14 & 18 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the law, but under grace & 18 Being then free from sin, you become the servants of righteousness.

Romans 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 7:8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath you free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

1st John3:6: Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

2nd Cor. 3:3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.

Hebrews 10:1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Act 13:38-39 Paul said, Therefore let it be known to you brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and through
Him everyone who believes is freed from all things, from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses.
It is well that you should preface your post with the admission, this is how false beliefs start. Because you are wrong.

You demonstrate you are a Pauline, rather than a follower of Christ ministry.

When you deny Jesus fulfilled the law,and you deny he did not say he wished the law with his coming,as you try to do to further your convoluted Sophistry, you prove yourself false when claiming to know the scriptures.

I don't for a minute believe you have a ministry anywhere but in forums.
You are too arrogant and wholly uninformed of God's word.

When you insist a Pharisee over ones Jesus,you are lost.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is well that you should preface your post with the admission, this is how false beliefs start. Because you are wrong.

You demonstrate you are a Pauline, rather than a follower of Christ ministry.

When you deny Jesus fulfilled the law,and you deny he did not say he wished the law with his coming,as you try to do to further your convoluted Sophistry, you prove yourself false when claiming to know the scriptures.

I don't for a minute believe you have a ministry anywhere but in forums.
You are too arrogant and wholly uninformed of God's word.

When you insist a Pharisee over ones Jesus,you are lost.

You would make a good cult leader….you just make stuff up or twist what is there or make false accusations. Either way you are seriously messed up.

I am a theologian….which means I am about scripture and Christian history. Now when I quote scripture from the New Testament it would stand to reason a lot of it would be from the Apostle Paul because he wrote or influenced the majority of the New Testament. Paul and then Peter and Luke and Mark were part of his ministry to the Gentiles….The Gentiles took the helm of Christianity pretty quick. This is the branch of Christianity that survived. The Jewish-Christians died out pretty quick.

So to ignore Paul would be to ignore nearly ¾ of the New Testament in your attempt to mix Judaism and Christianity.

When you deny Jesus fulfilled the law….I never said this and in fact the scripture I provided indicated He said He fulfilled the Law so this is a false accusation.

you deny he did not say he wished the law with his coming….I explained He did not abolish the Law and it is still in effect for the Jews until all things are accomplished ….But you can try to provide the scripture where Christ or the Apostles said, the Law was for Christians. I gave all the scriptures that indicate the Law is not for Christians, including the decision of the Christian council in Jerusalem. If you want to be a Jew they will let you convert.

When you insist a Pharisee over ones Jesus, you are lost.....I never said this so another false accusation.

All about the Law....LOL....I wonder if people like you are selling your daughters as sex slaves and have multiple wives? Is this why you love the Law so much?

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a popular misquote.
On par with this one. "Do not judge."
The problem with both of these is where the period (.) appears.
There's something missing. (topic link below explains)

Observations about the law, the Law, God's law, Christ's law - four different things

/

Ya gotta love exact quotes.

Do not presume that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke of a letter shall pass from the Law, until all is accomplished! Therefore, whoever nullifies one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-20

Christ did not end the Mosaic Law and it continued for the Jews.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ did not end the Mosaic Law and it continued for the Jews.

So this means the Jews don't have to accept Jesus to be saved?.... they can just whack a
few animals every now and again to cover their sins and they're all good to go right?

Matthew 7:1 NIV
Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

That's just a partial quote.... what else did Jesus say about judging?

Ever see where He said we are to judge a righteous judgement?

Most people say "judge not or you'll be judged" when they get their wee
little feelings hurt cause someone did not agree with their blah blah.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this means the Jews don't have to accept Jesus to be saved?.... they can just whack a
few animals every now and again to cover their sins and they're all good to go right?

I do not know how you would even come up with that question from what I said.
The Jewish religion continued on after the biblical era but there is no salvation or forgiveness of sins in Judaism or the Mosaic Law.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me that my view that all scripture passages must support each other in order for us to know that Yahweh gave us scripture (God breathed), then it is wrong to cast slurs on "red letter Christians" and "Pauline Christians," because both side must agree with each other. Paul cannot override the words of Yeshua and, in order for Paul to be commissioned by Yeshua to be an Apostle, Yeshua would not teach that Paul was wrong. If they seem to disagree, the problem would be with the translations we use or our understanding of the passages is wrong.

It does great harm to claim that either side holds all truth, as it nullifies the "God breathed" scriptures.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... both side must agree with each other.
I agree with your whole post, but question this phrase.
Sorry to split hairs.

I see the relationship differently. The word "agree" should be considered.
To "agree" assumes consensus. There is no consensus in the church.
We differ drastically on many issues. We need to accept and allow for that. IMHO
Topic links that discuss the issue.

If everyone agreed, there wouldn't be much point to a forum - Agree, or disagree? - LOL

/

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with your whole post, but question this phrase.
Sorry to split hairs.

I see the relationship differently. The word "agree" should be considered.
To "agree" assumes consensus. There is no consensus in the church.
We differ drastically on many issues. We need to accept and allow for that. IMHO
Topic links that discuss the issue.

If everyone agreed, there wouldn't be much point to a forum - Agree, or disagree? - LOL

/
Call it a poorly considered phrase. My intent was that the red-letter passages must be compatible (not contradicting) with the rest of scripture. Not the groups of people - they will hardly ever agree.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They moved dad to rehab last night. I will be going over shortly to see how everything is set up.
So I'll try to make this short.

God created the earth for man to have dominion over. Everything in the world that had life in it, God had Adam name for himself.
God gave man an help meet for him, Adam called her woman, Adam called her bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh.
Everything God created he put under the hand of man to rule over.

One thing God created for himself and sactified it and made it holy unto him is the seventh day.

Man walked the earth going to and from and up and down in it. Setting up his own kingdoms and making their own rules, naming things after themselves and whatever name they desired to give it.

No where in creation did God name the seventh day, Sabbath.
Moses named that day, and God told him how he should keep it.
It was to love thy neighbor as thyself by providing rest and peace from the world around them.

Moses was told to make everything after the pattern he was shown in heaven. And God showed the children in the wilderness,
how God himself made one day to rest from all the works he had made.
He gave himself rest after he had finished everything he created for man.

God's days are not man's days. God does not and is not limited to 24 hours.
But man is given rule over the physical elements of the world. Including the days he himself gave names to.
And Moses called the seventh day, Sabbath. Just as Adam called his help meet Woman.

Some men abused their rulership and made their servants work with rigor and no rest.
God told Moses to give them rest. By showing him the pattern after God had made for himself.
After all your works are finished, set aside a time for everything that you have created, the works of your own hands, give the people who work for you the same rest I gave when I finished my works that I had made.

As rulers of your own kindom you aught to do unto others as you would have done unto you.
So when you rest, give others rest. When you work give other work.

The Sabbath was intended and is upheld by the basic foundation and law, as Love thy neighbor as thyself.
Jesus showed us that loving mankind on the Sabbath day was exactly what God created it for.
And he gave us his own Sabbath day which is not of the earth but is heavenly.
All man could do was make an image of the heavenly, he could not make the true Sabbath.
He could not make it Holy as God alone is holy. But God showed man the pattern of it.

The true rest and meaning of God's Sabbath is when everything that man has created has been completed.
Then in that day when the man can no longer work, he enters into a place that is peace and quiet.
Some could call this death or a burial place, a sanctuary. It is a place away from the world and all the commotions in it.

There is no electricity in the wildreness in which to watch tv, no ball games to attend, nothing. Only the family unit nothing from the outside enters in and nothing in it goes out.

In heaven God joins his family on the seventh day, his son, his angels, his own household. Nothing enters in and nothing goes out.
The door is closed.

This is the pattern that Moses created after the image which God showed him in the wilderness by the example of the manna (bread) (word) which God gave to Man, Moses.

Moses is Lord of the sabbath he created in the world to give to the children of Israel.
It is of the world and the world keeps it as Moses commanded. Because Moses was put in charge as ruler of the kingdom of Israel.

Even Moses was only the body, he was not the head. For the head of every man is christ, and the head of the woman is the man.
And God took Moses and made him the head of the woman his church.
And so the Sabbath which Moses created was earthy and not spiritual, because the spiritual had not yet been made known to Moses.

Today those who keep the sabbath are keeping the day which Moses, Man instituted for himself in which to keep after the pattern God gave him to make.
The son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

In this sabbath day which man made in the world which was created for him to rule and have dominion over,
All moses could see was the rest. He could not see beyond into how God kept his own Sabbath day.
Moses had the basics but not the details.

Jesus came and gave us an example of how the Spiritual seventh day God created for himself was kept.
And on this day, Jesus loved his neighbor as himself, giving them spiritual food, healing them, giving them hope and comfort, and giving them rest from their labours.
Mat 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Now that the door has been opened and God has allowed Man to see beyond the physical world into the spiritual Kingdom, and that day that God set apart for himself and has showed us the true sabbath through the example of the son,
Do we go through the door and find rest with Him doing things his way,
Or do we remain on the outside of the door which only provides a pattern of the true, and keep it the way man created it for himself in his own kingdom which God gave him to have dominion over?

Do you want to live in Moses' Kingdom or God's Kingdom.

And How do we find it?
And it is so easy ready...

Love God with all they heart and soul and mind, and love thy neighbor as thyself.
Have faith believe in God's son, and knock and it shall be opened.

I have to go now.
You all have a blessed day.
Catch you later
Hugs

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They moved dad to rehab last night. I will be going over shortly to see how everything is set up.
So I'll try to make this short.
Did you get the bad weather that was forecast?
Which means icy roads between you and Dad.
I pray for traveling mercies, either way.

/