Keys To The Kingdom Of Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
In Matthew 16:19, Jesus (speaking directly to Peter) says, "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:"What did our Lord mean with this statement? Personally, I believe it is a promise from Jesus to Peter that this disciple would be the first to preach the Christian message to others. And, I believe this promise was kept (fulfilled) in Acts 2:14-40 when Peter did preach the first sermon, thereby opening the gates of Heaven to believers for the very first time.Does anyone disagree? Does anyone agree?Your thoughts, please.Rank Stranger

watt

Jun 21, 2008
in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(rank Stranger;53914)
in Matthew 16:19, Jesus (speaking Directly To Peter) Says, "and I Will Give Unto Thee The Keys Of The Kingdom Of Heaven:"What Did Our Lord Mean With This Statement? Personally, I Believe It Is A Promise From Jesus To Peter That This Disciple Would Be The First To Preach The Christian Message To Others. And, I Believe This Promise Was Kept (fulfilled) In Acts 2:14-40 When Peter Did Preach The First Sermon, Thereby Opening The Gates Of Heaven To Believers For The Very First Time.Does Anyone Disagree? Does Anyone Agree?Your Thoughts, Please.Rank Stranger
Praise The Lord!!! The Truth Is Revealed Here!!!Let His Will Be Done On Earth As In Heaven.!!! AmenMay God BlessAmenFrom Watt

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
One thing to keep in mind here is that keys are plural. There is more than one key. I believe the keys are what opens up scripture. Interesting how you you tied it in to Peters first sermon. I never thought of it like that.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Matthew 16:19 "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."The keys of the kingdom of heaven are the truths of understanding which allow us to see, hear and understand the full understanding of the kingdom of heaven. All the disciples were given the full understanding of the kingdom of heaven So they could preach the gospel around the World.Peter of course being one of these. today the first step we need is belief and repentance, that gives us the holy spirit,then we have his Word to learn through the early Christians did not have the Word to study as we do. All the keys are in his word he says he has foretold us all things.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Rank Stranger;53914)
In Matthew 16:19, Jesus (speaking directly to Peter) says, "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:"What did our Lord mean with this statement? Personally, I believe it is a promise from Jesus to Peter that this disciple would be the first to preach the Christian message to others. And, I believe this promise was kept (fulfilled) in Acts 2:14-40 when Peter did preach the first sermon, thereby opening the gates of Heaven to believers for the very first time.Does anyone disagree? Does anyone agree?Your thoughts, please.Rank Stranger
Also, speaking directly to Peter, Matthew 16:23: "But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."Jesus gave no special keys to Peter that all the other disciples didn't have. The keys to heaven are received in Christ, as He is our key to get in the door. This is nothing unique to Peter and only Peter.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(watt;53934)
in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God LovePraise The Lord!!! The Truth Is Revealed Here!!!Let His Will Be Done On Earth As In Heaven.!!! AmenMay God BlessAmenFrom Watt
Yes, praise the Lord if you understand what Jesus said here.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(treeoflife;53962)
Yes, praise the Lord if you understand what Jesus said here.
SORRY... YOU USED YOUR FLESH AGAIN...YOU FIGHTING WITH JESUS HIM SELF WITH YOUR OWN MINDSET..JUMP TO BIBLE VERSE AND THE DISCIPLE TO LOOK FOR SOMETHING WHICH SUIT YOUR FLESH DESIRE AND YOU DID NOT REALIZE IT AT ALL.ONLY WHEN YOU BORN AGAIN FROM ABOVE THEN YOU WILL SEE THE TRUTH.THIS IS TOTALLY MAKE JESUS SAD...MAY GOD FORGIVE OUR FOULNESSAMENFROM WATT

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(kriss;53956)
matthew 16:19 "and I Will Give Unto Thee The Keys Of The Kingdom Of Heaven: And Whatsoever Thou Shalt Bind On Earth Shall Be Bound In Heaven: And Whatsoever Thou Shall Loose On Earth Shall Be Loosed In Heaven."The Keys Of The Kingdom Of Heaven Are The Truths Of Understanding Which Allow Us To See, Hear And Understand The Full Understanding Of The Kingdom Of Heaven. All The Disciples Were Given The Full Understanding Of The Kingdom Of Heaven So They Could Preach The Gospel Around The World.peter Of Course Being One Of These. Today The First Step We Need Is Belief And Repentance, That Gives Us The Holy Spirit,then We Have His Word To Learn Through The Early Christians Did Not Have The Word To Study As We Do. All The Keys Are In His Word He Says He Has Foretold Us All Things.
sorry Again.. Your Post Is Only From The Flesh.Jesus Did Not Say As What You Say... You Are Added Your Own Word Into "the Word Of God"Therefore There Is "no Truth" When We Use Our Flesh. For Flesh Cannot Help.In John 6:63 Jesus Clearly Tell Us That Only Spirit That Give Life....not Flesh!!!May God Forgive Our FoulnessAmenFrom Watt

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(watt;54003)
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(kriss;53956)
Matthew 16:19 "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."The keys of the kingdom of heaven are the truths of understanding which allow us to see, hear and understand the full understanding of the kingdom of heaven. All the disciples were given the full understanding of the kingdom of heaven So they could preach the gospel around the World.Peter of course being one of these. today the first step we need is belief and repentance, that gives us the holy spirit,then we have his Word to learn through the early Christians did not have the Word to study as we do. All the keys are in his word he says he has foretold us all things.
sorry Again.. Your Post Is Only From The Flesh.Jesus Did Not Say As What You Say... You Are Added Your Own Word Into "the Word Of God"Therefore There Is "no Truth" When We Use Our Flesh. For Flesh Cannot Help.In John 6:63 Jesus Clearly Tell Us That Only Spirit That Give Life....not Flesh!!!May God Forgive Our FoulnessAmenFrom WattI Corinthians 8:1 - Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.Knowledge without wisdom is dangerous.Romans 8:6 - For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.The Word of God is not meant to be 100% literally taken every single place in the bible.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love[/bSorry... You Using Flesh Again...(thesuperjag;54004)
i Corinthians 8:1 - now As Touching Things Offered Unto Idols, we Know That We All Have Knowledge. Knowledge Puffeth Up, But charity Edifieth.Knowledge Without Wisdom Is Dangerous.Romans 8:6 - for To Be Carnally Minded Is Death; But to Be Spiritually Minded Is Life And Peace.The Word Of God Is Not Meant To Be 100% Literally Taken Every Single Place In The Bible.
You Skip The Word Of God, But You Jump To The Disciple... That Is Totally Unfair To Jesus...you Have Not Recognize Jesus And Follow What He Say...For Example You Dont Believe What Jesus Mentioned In John 17. So How Can You Jump To His Disciple...without Refer To Jesus Him Self First??May God Forgive All Our FoulnessAmenFrom Watt

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(watt;54013)
in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love[/bSorry... You Using Flesh Again...You Skip The Word Of God, But You Jump To The Disciple... That Is Totally Unfair To Jesus...you Have Not Recognize Jesus And Follow What He Say...For Example You Dont Believe What Jesus Mentioned In John 17. So How Can You Jump To His Disciple...without Refer To Jesus Him Self First??May God Forgive All Our FoulnessAmenFrom Watt
WEll that figures that would be your take, THE ENTIRE BIBLE All THE WRITTEN WORD IS ALL INSPIRED BY GOD only someone that follows a religion that can write their own Bible and make up their own rules that are not written would dare say such a thing. How dare you say that about Gods word why dont you show us in scripture where it says to confess to a man, pray to a women, and follow a man called pope(papa) above God.If you cant produce the scriptures. Then you can not judge us as you are the one not following in Jesus's path.

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
With my post I did not mean in any way to imply that Peter received more than the promise to open heaven for mankind with his first sermon. Of course Jesus did not single this disciple out to be the future earthly head of His Church. That is just another rediculous tradition of the RCC, and has no foundation in Scripture.Watt, you are an unrepentent sinner and a pagan (heathen). You are a heretic. I have tried to reach you with the truth, and you have rejected it out of hand. Therefore, I will from here on reject you and ignore you until I am convinced you have seen and accepted the truth of Jesus Christ. You may be a zealot, but your cause is corruption of the soul, and not salvation.Rank Stranger

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(kriss;54028)
why dont you show us in scripture where it says to confess to a man,
Mark 2:7Why doth this [man] thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?(kriss;54028)
pray to a women,
Matthew 6:7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.(kriss;54028)
and follow a man called pope(papa) above God.
Sorry there was no mention of a pope in the Bible. However I know a little tid bit on the man we call Pope. He is also called the "vicar of Christ" or in other words Christs substitute. Whoever though that a man can be a substitute for Christ really must have been delusional. Anyways "Vicar of Christ" when translated in Hebrew and then each letter converted into numbers and the numbers added up = 666.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Rank Stranger;54029)
With my post I did not mean in any way to imply that Peter received more than the promise to open heaven for mankind with his first sermon. Of course Jesus did not single this disciple out to be the future earthly head of His Church. That is just another rediculous tradition of the RCC, and has no foundation in Scripture.Watt, you are an unrepentent sinner and a pagan (heathen). You are a heretic. I have tried to reach you with the truth, and you have rejected it out of hand. Therefore, I will from here on reject you and ignore you until I am convinced you have seen and accepted the truth of Jesus Christ. You may be a zealot, but your cause is corruption of the soul, and not salvation.Rank Stranger
I did not take your post to mean that Rank Stranger your post was in fact accurate it was Peter that was first to bring his sermon to the gentiles it was the church of Philadelphia and Smyrna that God was pleased with. And as scripture tells us these two churches were nothing like what the RCC is trying to pass off as the first church. In fact if I remember my history right Peter wasnt even named the first Pope until 300 years after his death.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRITHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(kriss;54032)
I did not take your post to mean that Rank Stranger your post was in fact accurate it was Peter that was first to bring his sermon to the gentiles it was the church of Philadelphia and Smyrna that God was pleased with. And as scripture tells us these two churches were nothing like what the RCC is trying to pass off as the first church. In fact if I remember my history right Peter wasnt even named the first Pope until 300 years after his death.
Now Look....Originally Posted by Rank Stranger In Matthew 16:19, Jesus (speaking directly to Peter) says, "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:"We dont have to look else ways...READ THE WORD OF GOD AS STATED ABOVE MATHEW 16: 19. AND DONT EVER CHANGE JESUS WORD. YOU GUYS HAVE NO AUTHORITY...NOT ANYONE ON EARTH CAN CHANGE JESUS WORDS. IF YOU DO THAT YOU ARE TOTALLY ANTICHRIST!!!!IF WE DONT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT....PLEASE DONT SIMPLY INTERPRETE THE HOLY BIBLE. DONT EVER ADD YOUR OWN WORD TO THE WORD OF GOD.THAT ONLY ADDING MORE AND MORE SIN TO OUR SELF. WHAT JESUS SAID IN MATTHEW 16 : 19 IS HIS OWN WORD. SO WHY OUR HEART SO HARD AS HARDEN AS A STONE AND TRY TO REJECT JESUS OWN WORD AND JUMP TO THE DISCIPLE WHO SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE'S THAT YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IS THEIR STATUS OF FAITH AT THAT TIME.ONLY BY HOLY SPIRIT YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH. SOMEMORE FOULNESS,YOU GUYS CLAIMED ALL THE DICIPLE ARE ALL DEAD WHY PRAY TO THEM?THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS ALWAYS ASK... BUT WHY ARE YOU REFER TO THEM EVERYTIME WHEN YOU READ THE BIBLE AND QUSTED ANY VERSE FROM ALL THE DISCIPLE.. AS YOU SAID THEY ALL DEAD... TO YOU THEY ALL DEAD...MEAN THE BIBLE IS ALSO DEAD TO YOU SEE!!! YOU MAKE YOUR SELF FOOL IN THE EYES OF GOD.WHY?? BECAUSE YOUR BAPTISM IS NOT VALID AND YOU HAVE NO HOLY SPIRIT TO REVEAL THE TRUTH...WHAT YOU HAVE NOW ...IS TOTALLY FLESH THAT CANNOT HELP.GO AND LOOK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH TO BAPTIZE YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.THEN ONLY THEN ONLY JESUS WILL SAVE YOU.MAY GOD FORGIVE ALL OUR SINAMENFROM WATT

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(watt;54261)
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRITHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God LoveNow Look....Originally Posted by Rank Stranger In Matthew 16:19, Jesus (speaking directly to Peter) says, "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:"We dont have to look else ways...READ THE WORD OF GOD AS STATED ABOVE MATHEW 16: 19. AND DONT EVER CHANGE JESUS WORD. YOU GUYS HAVE NO AUTHORITY...NOT ANYONE ON EARTH CAN CHANGE JESUS WORDS. IF YOU DO THAT YOU ARE TOTALLY ANTICHRIST!!!!IF WE DONT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT....PLEASE DONT SIMPLY INTERPRETE THE HOLY BIBLE. DONT EVER ADD YOUR OWN WORD TO THE WORD OF GOD.THAT ONLY ADDING MORE AND MORE SIN TO OUR SELF. WHAT JESUS SAID IN MATTHEW 16 : 19 IS HIS OWN WORD. SO WHY OUR HEART SO HARD AS HARDEN AS A STONE AND TRY TO REJECT JESUS OWN WORD AND JUMP TO THE DISCIPLE WHO SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE'S THAT YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IS THEIR STATUS OF FAITH AT THAT TIME.ONLY BY HOLY SPIRIT YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH. SOMEMORE FOULNESS,YOU GUYS CLAIMED ALL THE DICIPLE ARE ALL DEAD WHY PRAY TO THEM?THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS ALWAYS ASK... BUT WHY ARE YOU REFER TO THEM EVERYTIME WHEN YOU READ THE BIBLE AND QUSTED ANY VERSE FROM ALL THE DISCIPLE.. AS YOU SAID THEY ALL DEAD... TO YOU THEY ALL DEAD...MEAN THE BIBLE IS ALSO DEAD TO YOU SEE!!! YOU MAKE YOUR SELF FOOL IN THE EYES OF GOD.WHY?? BECAUSE YOUR BAPTISM IS NOT VALID AND YOU HAVE NO HOLY SPIRIT TO REVEAL THE TRUTH...WHAT YOU HAVE NOW ...IS TOTALLY FLESH THAT CANNOT HELP.GO AND LOOK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH TO BAPTIZE YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.THEN ONLY THEN ONLY JESUS WILL SAVE YOU.MAY GOD FORGIVE ALL OUR SINAMENFROM WATT
The only person who's heart is hardened is yours my friend. Hardened by false doctrine taught by men to believe what they want, and unify their church under means not provided by God's Spirit. Peter was not the first pope of the Catholic Church, and Peter doesn't have special keys to heaven. You have heard, but you not understood what Jesus told us (not just Peter). Also, speaking directly to Peter, Matthew 16:23: "But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."Jesus gave no special keys to Peter that all the other disciples didn't have. The keys to heaven are received in Christ, as He is our key to get in the door. This is nothing unique to Peter and only Peter.Christ alone has the keys. He is the way, the truth, and the life. None come to the Father but through Him. You need to repent of your false doctrine and turn to Jesus. Only through Him are the keys of heaven received.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRITHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God LoveAlso, speaking directly to Peter, Matthew 16:23: "But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."Seee!! How you change THE WORD OF GOD.BASED ON YOUR UNDERSTANDING YOU ARE PUT JESUS AS A LIAR..ACTUALLY YOU ARE JUDGING JESUS HIM SELF....WITOUT YOU REALIZE IT.WHY?? BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO HOLY SPIRIT...YOU FLESH MAKE YOUR OWN SELF BECOME A FOOL IN THE EYES OF THE LORD.MAY GOD FORGIVE ALL OUR SINAMENFROM WATT

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(watt;54264)
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRITHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God LoveAlso, speaking directly to Peter, Matthew 16:23: "But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."Seee!! How you change THE WORD OF GOD.BASED ON YOUR UNDERSTANDING YOU ARE PUT JESUS AS A LIAR..ACTUALLY YOU ARE JUDGING JESUS HIM SELF....WITOUT YOU REALIZE IT.WHY?? BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO HOLY SPIRIT...YOU FLESH MAKE YOUR OWN SELF BECOME A FOOL IN THE EYES OF THE LORD.MAY GOD FORGIVE ALL OUR SINAMENFROM WATT
What I judge is your version of what Jesus said, and I judge rightly. You need to get over yourself and your "flesh" comments too. Defend your pope stories and Peter holding the keys to the pearly gates if you want, but you believe a lie. You have not rightly divided the Word of Truth my friend.Open your eyes. Jesus did not give Peter, a unique set of keys. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. None come the Father but through Him. Not Peter... Jesus.In Jesus name... snap out of it.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
Giving Peter the keys is Jesus appointing Peter to be the leader of the apostles and his steward on earth.It links back to Is 22:20-22 where God deposed Shebna and appointed Eliakim as steward and master of the household"On that day I will call my servant Eliakim son of Hilkiah, 21and will clothe him with your robe and bind your sash on him. I will commit your authority to his hand, and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and no one shall shut; he shall shut, and no one shall open."

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(kriss;53956)
The keys of the kingdom of heaven are the truths of understanding which allow us to see, hear and understand the full understanding of the kingdom of heaven.
Where does it say that in scripture?