King James Version

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
The most popular verse used today is .....

約 翰 福 音 3:16

[sup]16[/sup] 「 神 愛 世 人 , 甚 至 將 他 的 獨 生 子 賜 給 他 們 , 叫 一 切 信 他 的 , 不 至 滅 亡 , 反 得 永 生 。

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
The most popular verse used today is .....

約 翰 福 音 3:16

[sup]16[/sup] 「 神 愛 世 人 , 甚 至 將 他 的 獨 生 子 賜 給 他 們 , 叫 一 切 信 他 的 , 不 至 滅 亡 , 反 得 永 生 。

LOL...yes and the guy who is reading it more than likely has the last name of Chang!

Ace Michaels

Jul 12, 2012
I use several translations, my favorite being the amplified bible. I still don't know exactly why the apocrypha was left out of the KJV. I have a catholic bible that contains many books that the KJV does not have. Can someone please explain why these books were left out? I do recommend the amplified bible for study. It has helped me understand scripture better and maybe it can help someone else.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
I use several translations, my favorite being the amplified bible. I still don't know exactly why the apocrypha was left out of the KJV. I have a catholic bible that contains many books that the KJV does not have. Can someone please explain why these books were left out? I do recommend the amplified bible for study. It has helped me understand scripture better and maybe it can help someone else.

The Apocrypha and a few other books are not recognized by as part of the Old Testament canon by Protestant denominations.
The New Testament is the same for Roman Catholics and Protestants. The KJV was not accepted by the RC church.
I trust you are aware that the Amplified is not really a pure translation, but a revision of the American Standard Version with added wording to help convey a supposedly fuller meaning to the Biblical tests used. The problem is it can be too much info at times and not clear enough, and can convey meaning that is NOT in the original manuscripts. For accuracy the NIV or NASB is better.
Wikipedia has a good list of ALL different Christian orders and the books they accept as canon.
Go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Actually the early KJV contained the Apocrypha. It wasn't until the KJV began to undergo its many corrections and revisions that the Apocrypha was removed.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
LOL...yes and the guy who is reading it more than likely has the last name of Chang!

Exactly. Recent research finds that the most used , and the most popular "Word of God" is now the Chinese language translation.

If I can dig up the article I will post it here. Quite encouraging what is happening in China.

Of course with apologies to the folks who think the King James version is the only one people should use :)

Ace Michaels

Jul 12, 2012
Hi Stan!
Thank you for the info. It is helpful as I continue my studies. I will keep what you said in mind as I use the Amplified Bible. I have both of the translations you mentioned and will use them even more now.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Actually the early KJV contained the Apocrypha. It wasn't until the KJV began to undergo its many corrections and revisions that the Apocrypha was removed.

Not the AUTHORIZED KJV. Most Bibles back then, always published an RC version. Like today, they were into publishing to make money.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="charlesj] The KJV has a lot of users that will swear by it.

I wouldn’t say “it’s bad,” but I will say I wish the
translators would have translated better. For example in Matthew 24:3 they translate the
Greek “aion” as world (also in other places. The Greek for world is “kosmos” and not aion.

The poor translation has caused a lot of false doctrines.

Another Greek word (doulos) they translated as “servant” and
would have been better translated “slave.”

I use to run around with a guy that told me “well, if it was
good enough for Paul, then it’s good enough for me.” LOL

(We know better.)

The disciples and Jesus ONLY HAD the scriptures (we call the
scriptures the “old testament.”) I
wonder what we would do if we only had the scriptures they used???

I use the KJV along with many other translations.

May the Lord be with you,
charlesj
[/QUOTE
==============================

Learning Greek ......
Yeshua's dulos

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God for access to the bible in any of it's editions!!!
Do any groups kind of prevent , forbid, disallow, or tell people it is okay to read it, but don't believe what you think - no, believe what we tell you ?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is KJV good or bad and why? I'll tell you what I think after I get some answers.
cool.gif
I cut my teeth on KJV but it would have been easier to not have to deal with the King's language. I have nearly 40 English translations and compare them. My recommendation for new Christians would be something else. But certainly NOT the NWT. lol