KJV Only...which one!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I've been doing is getting it on Biblegateway or Biblehub. I've been listening to the "regular" KJV as both these sites have audio AND dramatized as well, going to see if the 1611 one is available on audio...should sound interesting, lol. Plus it is free! Thanks for the info though.

Biblehub has the correct KJB edition (Which is the 1900 Cambridge Edition) provided to them by Bibleprotector.com.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you tried the YouVersion Bible app? You can read and listen at the same time without even having to scroll manually! I'm trying to read the entire Bible in a month, with an included chronological reading plan! I just have to cover 12 days worth of readings each day which really doesn't take that long. You can adjust the speed, and I comprehend better when audio is faster than normal, so it only takes about an hour per day!

Oh wow Barney how awesome is that! And, yes I have used You Version, but just kept coming back to the other sites for the audio...can read along also but have to toggle...sigh. :D
I will be looking up the same "bible in a month" thing you speak about.
TANX :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to study more the different King James Editions. I want to truly be an expert on the subject because it is like this big question mark for many believers. I know the article link I sent you explains the Cambridge 1900 KJB viewpoint, in how that there were 7 KJB editions lining up with the 7 purifications mentioned in Psalms 12:6-7, but I like to confirm the truth of things for myself.

It’s a beautiful verse indeed. How true this verse is. One of my top favorite verses in Scripture that is butchered in Modern Version bibles. God’s people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. If they only knew that God is commanding them to study study His Word to show themselves approved unto God.

The King James is available in other languages:

Textus Receptus in Spanish (RVG 2010):
https://www.amazon.com/Santa-Biblia-Rústica-Valera-Spanish/dp/0758907567/

King James Francais in French:
Bible King James Française | King James Française

Koning Jacobus Vertaling in Dutch:
http://www.koningjacobusvertaling.org/info_english.php

Bibelen Guds Ord in Norwegian:
http://www.hermon.no/netbibelen/

Thai King James Bible Version:
The Bible (พระคัมภีร์ไทย)

Korean King James Version:
https://www.amazon.com/Korean-English-Bible-Leather-Golden/dp/B005DPPENA/

Brazillian Portuguese (the BKJ):
Bíblia King James Fiel 1611

But even if this was not the case, was it fair of God that the Scriptures only existed in Hebrew at one time in history?
Was it fair of God for the Scriptures to only exist in the Greek at one point in history?
I think we forget that Jesus spoke in parables whereby many did not understand the meaning behind those parables at the time He spoke them. Also, the disciples had no idea what Jesus was talking about when He spoke of His death and resurrection before the cross. Jesus spoke cryptically of His death and resurrection with His disciples and He did not sit them down and explain things using hand puppets as to what was about to happen.

BibleProtector.com has some great videos in defending the KJB.
My all time favorite defender of the KJB is Will Kinney. He has a lot of answers.

His website is: Another King James Bible Believer

For example: If you want to see the Catholic connection to Modern Bibles, you can do a search for it like this at Google on his website like this:

full

AV1611.com is pretty good sometimes, too.

Thank you for the warm greetings to C.B.
I may possibly move over here from the C.F. Forums because the “KJB Only discussion” has been banned entirely on their forums just recently because of my passionate defense on the topic (Note: They did not ban me). Anyways, I strive to always speak in love and respect (even on this topic) but they believe the topic is divisive (regardless).

But Jesus said He comes not to bring peace, but a sword.

So truth at times can be naturally divisive.

In any event, thank you for your kind words; May the Lord Jesus (GOD) bless you all the more.

" the “KJB Only discussion” has been banned entirely on their forums just recently because of my passionate defense on the topic (Note: They did not ban me). Anyways, I strive to always speak in love and respect (even on this topic) but they believe the topic is divisive (regardless)."

I'm surprised they would ban this topic as, it does seem there are many who are passionate about it; glad they didn't ban you! Hahah.

I do sense that you speak in love and not any angst, especially if someone is trying to get yer goat! We have our share of those who cause divisiveness right off the bat. Why some just cannot reply with their own opinion, or proven truth (through stricture) in a kind manner is beyond me. Although, I too have been guilty of doing the same, a few times in the almost 4 years of being here at CB. I've learned from it.

The bottom line for me is those who seek with their whole hearts will be saved and blessed, regardless of which version they use. All I ever wanted was the truth and I found the Truth :)

See you around the site!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow Barney how awesome is that! And, yes I have used You Version, but just kept coming back to the other sites for the audio...can read along also but have to toggle...sigh. :D
There's no Bible-in-a-month plan. I just use a 365 day plan and read 12 days' worth every day. At 1.25X speed it only takes about 2 hours per day. I miscalculated earlier. I've been battling COVID for a few weeks and I've lost all track of time! :p:D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no Bible-in-a-month plan. I just use a 365 day plan and read 12 days' worth every day. At 1.25X speed it only takes about 2 hours per day. I miscalculated earlier. I've been battling COVID for a few weeks and I've lost all track of time! :p:D

Ooooh, I see. Since I don't ever watch tv and rarely a movie on my computer, just listening to the audio, especially in dramatized mode :) get's a LOT of scripture in. Of course, the bible does say that "faith cometh by hearing" :cool:
Feel better Barney!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ooooh, I see. Since I don't ever watch tv and rarely a movie on my computer, just listening to the audio, especially in dramatized mode :) get's a LOT of scripture in. Of course, the bible does say that "faith cometh by hearing" :cool:
Feel better Barney!
Thanks. I seem to have contracted the "long-haul" variety. Managed to avoid it for 2 years and then we got the virus from my wife's PT (fractured shoulder).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I seem to have contracted the "long-haul" variety. Managed to avoid it for 2 years and then we got the virus from my wife's PT (fractured shoulder).

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you and your wife heal quickly from this point onwards.
May God's good ways shine upon you.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
" the “KJB Only discussion” has been banned entirely on their forums just recently because of my passionate defense on the topic (Note: They did not ban me). Anyways, I strive to always speak in love and respect (even on this topic) but they believe the topic is divisive (regardless)."
I'm surprised they would ban this topic as, it does seem there are many who are passionate about it;

I believe ultimately it is truth that offends. I did push how the Modern bibles come from Rome, and I am thinking that is maybe one reason why they may not have liked the topic being pushed. I will share how all Modern bibles come from the Vatican in one of my next posts (Lord willing).

You said:
glad they didn't ban you! Hahah.

Thank you.

I do sense that you speak in love and not any angst, especially if someone is trying to get yer goat! We have our share of those who cause divisiveness right off the bat. Why some just cannot reply with their own opinion, or proven truth (through stricture) in a kind manner is beyond me. Although, I too have been guilty of doing the same, a few times in the almost 4 years of being here at CB. I've learned from it.

I appreciate it. Let the Lord get all the glory for any good done in my life.

You said:
The bottom line for me is those who seek with their whole hearts will be saved and blessed, regardless of which version they use. All I ever wanted was the truth and I found the Truth :)

Yes, I believe a Christian can be saved using a Modern version, but in some cases I believe that Modern versions or Modern Scholarship can actually destroy a believer's faith. 70% of bible students lose their faith when they go to bible college. I don't believe it is the party atmosphere, etcetera that made the lose their faith in God. I believe it was the Religion of Modern Scholarship that got them to question the Bible in that there is no perfect or exact Word of God on our planet. For if there is no perfect Bible, then how can we trust what God said? How do we know we have correct doctrines if we don't have a perfect Bible? Who gets to decide what is true or false in the Bible if there is errors within it? These are difficult questions that nobody really wants to face if they don't believe Psalms 12:6-7, Proverbs 30:5-6, Matthew 24:35, 1 Peter 1:23-25.

You said:
See you around the site!

Thanks. Blessings to you and your family in the Lord.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most do not know that all Modern Bibles are influenced by the Vatican.

Here it is straight out of the Nestle and Aland Critical Text 27th Edition (New Testament Greek text). Note: The Nestle and Aland Critical Text is in it’s 28th edition now and it is the basis for most of the Modern English Bibles printed today. But the 27th edition below says this…

full

Source:
The KJB Only versus the Latin Vulgate Only Argument by: Another King James Bible Believer

I am going to repeat the text and highlight the key points.

The text shared by these two editions was adopted internationally by Bible Societies, and following an agreement between the Vatican and United Bible Societies it has served as the basis for new translations and for revisions made under their supervision. This marks a significant step with regard to inter confessionals relationships.”​

So…

#1. The text shared by these two editions was adopted internationally by Bible Societies.
#2. Following an agreement between the Vatican and United Bible Societies
#3. It has served as the basis for new translations and for revisions made under their supervision. (Note: What is the word “it” referring to in this sentence? This could be referring to the text and it is the basis (foundation) for new translations and revisions (Modern Bibles)).
#4. The text is the basis for new bible translations made under their supervision (the Vatican) which marks a significant step in regards to inter confessional relationships. Why does it mark a significant step? Because Carlo Martini (A Catholic cardinal) is an editor on the Nestle and Aland Critical Text.

In fact, let's check out the Nestle and Aland Critical Text page at Wikipedia called:

“Novum Testamentum Graece”

full

Novum Testamentum Graece - Wikipedia

Scroll down the page, and you will see pictures of Nestle, and Aland.
Note: Nestle worked on the Critical Text years before Aland.
Kurt Aland is the one who worked on the Critical Text involving the Vatican. How so?

Notice the highlighted words in the pic below.

Carlo Maria Martini.

full

If you were to zoom in and look at the picture below Kurt Aland:

full

Again, who is Carlo Maria Martini?

As I said before, he is a Catholic cardinal.

full

Source:
Carlo Maria Martini - Wikipedia

Important Note: JUST CLICK ON THE LINK FOR CARLO MARIA MARTINI MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLE).

But wait. There’s more. Let’s look at Kurt Aland again. I circled his picture below for you to see him. You can see his name next to his picture.

full

Now in this photo, you can see Kurt Aland with the pope:

full

Why?

Because of this:

full

“The text shared by these two editions was adopted internationally by Bible Societies, and following an agreement between the Vatican and United Bible Societies it has served as the basis for new translations and for revisions made under their supervision. This marks a significant step with regard to inter confessionals relationships.”

Source:
Nestle and Aland Critical Text - 27the Edition.

But Guess which Bible the Roman Catholic Church does NOT want you to read -

full

Yes, I am aware that this is an older book by the Catholic Church. But it is still pretty recent in history.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not Catholic, and so I am going to reject Modern Bibles as my final Word of authority. Now, I may use Modern Bibles to update the 1600’s English at times, but they are not my final Word of authority.

Why?

Well, the Catholic Church used to kill anyone for having the Scriptures, and now they are simply changing tactics to make people doubt the Bible, and to get them to trust the Roman Catholic mother church instead. Their goal was to take the Word of God out of the layperson’s hands. Even on a another Christian forums I have had Catholics tell me something along lines of how we should not study Scripture but we should leave it up to the holy priests to tell us what it means.

In 1604, the translation of the King James Bible started, and a year later in 1605, Guy Fawkes who was a Catholic wanted to take out King James and his translation with a super bomb. The King James Bible was the first Bible that was to go out to the common man in English (with the improvements in the eve of the printing process).

I would recommend everyone in checking out the following documentaries below to learn more about the Bible's history:

KJB: The Book That Changed the World:

Watch Kjb - The Book That Changed The World | Prime Video

The Forbidden Book:

Watch The Forbidden Book | Prime Video

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also found a good video on the point on Don Wilkins (Modern Translator) briefly losing his voice for a few seconds when asked if he knew of anyone who lost his voice during the KJB vs. Modern Bible debate:

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come up with approximately 6.45 billion reasons that it is very likely that the Authorized Version is not exclusively inspired--all of them flesh-and-blood, non-English-speaking and, apparently, illegitimate children of God. ;)

God can use imperfect men to accomplish His will. Take for example the story of Joseph. What the brothers of Joseph intended for evil done towards Joseph, God intended it for good in that God was going to turn around the bad situation for a greater plan for good in the end (with Joseph and his brothers reconciling). We also see this in the cross, as well (a bad situation being used for good). What looked like the death of the Savior in the disciple's eyes was the greatest even in human history in that Christ died for our sins and three days rose from the dead (conquering sin and death) so as to offer us the free gift of eternal life. So sometimes when we see a problem, it's not really a problem at all because God is using that for a greater plan for good that we cannot see. It's looking at the things that do shine brightly that testifies to the truth. The one hundred plus evidences for the King James Bible I came up with (and I hope to share in the future - Lord willing) shows this fact.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe ultimately it is truth that offends. I did push how the Modern bibles come from Rome, and I am thinking that is maybe one reason why they may not have liked the topic being pushed. I will share how all Modern bibles come from the Vatican in one of my next posts (Lord willing).

Thank you.

I appreciate it. Let the Lord get all the glory for any good done in my life.

Yes, I believe a Christian can be saved using a Modern version, but in some cases I believe that Modern versions or Modern Scholarship can actually destroy a believer's faith. 70% of bible students lose their faith when they go to bible college. I don't believe it is the party atmosphere, etcetera that made the lose their faith in God. I believe it was the Religion of Modern Scholarship that got them to question the Bible in that there is no perfect or exact Word of God on our planet. For if there is no perfect Bible, then how can we trust what God said? How do we know we have correct doctrines if we don't have a perfect Bible? Who gets to decide what is true or false in the Bible if there is errors within it? These are difficult questions that nobody really wants to face if they don't believe Psalms 12:6-7, Proverbs 30:5-6, Matthew 24:35, 1 Peter 1:23-25.

Thanks. Blessings to you and your family in the Lord.

Understood about not having a perfect bible, meaning bad doctrine especially. Thinking not many will switch at this point but, if their heart is right with Him and they continue to seek Him, even through a corrupt bible, that He would bless that. I do know many things were skewed to fit Catholic doctrines as well as JW's.
Since God has all authority want's all to come to know His Son, could He not still do that through a bad translation?
I'm no scholar nor an authority figure in the church, therefore it is Him that I go to if something is not sounding right to me.
If it were up to me, I'd always say KJV yet, I too have several other versions. I guess we will have to let God sort it all out...IF a person is honestly seeking Him.
Be blessed and be a blessing.
He is Worthy!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I use you version. Love it!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When using all modern Bibles for comparison and you find yourself doubting the word of God, go with the KJV & ask Jesus to confirm it.

You need to be educated in the modern discipline of Text Criticism. Let's begin with 3 observations:
(1) There are 400,000 variant readings in the NT manuscripts alone.
(2) The Greek text used for the KJV is based on Byzantine Greek manuscripts, the oldest and most error-filled manuscripts that had to be used because older, more accurate manuscripts were not yet available.
(3) Even common sense dictates that the more tired scribes hand-cope the countless words of biblical manuscripts, the more miscopying, accidental or willful, will creep into the text to deceive subsequent copiers.
To identify and correct these errors, Text Critics group the manuscripts by date, text type, and region of origin. Then it becomes easy to identify when, where, and why most errors crept into the text. These corrections can then be compared with exact Bible quotations from Church Fathers who wrote earlier than the Greek NT manuscripts available to us and had access to still earlier NT manuscripts.

Here are just 2 of the countless examples of KJV errors:
(1) In John 1:28 the earliest and best manuscript evidence says that John preached and baptized at "Bethany beyond the Jordan." In Aramaic "Bethany" can mean "house of the ferry boat." We know from the most ancient maps that there were no bridges over the Jordan. Instead, travelers pulled themselves across by hanging on to a rope bridging the river to pull themselves across in a boat. Hence, ferry boat. The early church father Origin c. 220 AD) didn't know this when he went to the traditional spot of John's baptism south near Jericho and asked where Bethay is. He guy he asked didn't know, but pointed to "Bethabara" as a good candidate for the locale of John's preaching. Thus, "Bethabara" crept into the text as a replacement of "Bethany in John 1:28. But Origen admits that earlier NT manuscripts available to him (but not to us) read "Bethany" instead. A simple example of the corrupt text used by the KJV translators.
(2) A more substantial error is the ending of Mark (16:9-20) that was invented because scribes could tolerate the current ending, "But they told no one; for they [the women at the tomb] were afraid (16:8)." There are other invented endings, but the one in the false ending used in the KJV is written in a different Greek style from Mark and is missing from some early manuscripts. Indeed, one ancient manuscript of this ending actually identifies the forger as Aristo of Pella (c. 165 AD). And do you really think that the risen Lord would identify "poison-drinking and snake-handling with impunity as a "sign" of the true believer, as the KJV's bogus ending of Mark claims? (16:17).