Knowing "Truth"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye Mary you do this bit

Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

but see we in Christ do not belong to religions or men we belong to Christ this bit

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

and as it says at teh beginning

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and again

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

so yes you follow men and your religions doctrines we follow only Christ

this bit

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Thank God HE is patient with stubborn man who constantly refuse Him
OK.....Would you care to at least TRY and answer my question?

Patient Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
LOL....Yes you can but your not going to o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O You are tooooooo funny!!!

You can’t......no one can......because IT’S NOT IN SCRIPTURE.

Thank you for your time....Mary
Ok, so then we get into a debate on the possible diff in Church and Kingdom, and wadr I just am not interested in the Roman pov on the Bible, ok?

Reactions: Willie T

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so then we get into a debate on the possible diff in Church and Kingdom, and wadr I just am not interested in the Roman pov on the Bible, ok?
Still waiting for that passage from scripture that you allege is there.......:rolleyes:

Patient Mary

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's complicated.

A truth....whatever an individual believes.
The Truth...what God proclaims.

The understanding of A truth...according to the individuals understanding.

The understanding of The Truth...according to Gods Understanding.

Any individual can proclaim "their" truth and "their" understanding.

Many can proclaim "Gods" Truth...

Few can access "Gods" Understanding of His Truth.

Fewer yet, actually "exercise" their abilty to "access" "Gods Understanding" of His Truth.

Men WITHOUT the ability to "access" Gods Understanding of HIS Truth...
AND
Men WITH the ability to "access" Gods Understanding of HIS Truth...

Overwhelmingly float in the SAME BOAT...
Both TRYING to "mindfully", (through LOGIC, SENSIBILITY, PHILOSOPHY, OTHER MENS IDEAS)...
figure out
Gods Understanding of His Own Truth.

It's a FAIL...every time.

Glory to God,
Taken
The most simple explanation to the OP is that ONLY Jesus is THE Truth!
John.14[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If you HAVE Jesus (His Holy Spirit), then you HAVE The Truth!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Question, do you not approve of exegesis in Bible study? Or am I hearing this wrong?

Much love!
Mark

Amen to the rest!

One must be wary of self in reading the bible. Too many people read the bible to see how they can be saved as they are already....instead of learning to follow the truth.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lebanese Catholic, Kahlil Gibran, in his renowned poem, The Prophet, wrote: “Say not, “I have found the truth,” but rather, “I have found a truth.”

So many people seem to claim to have "found the truth"... meaning that they are possessors and proclaimers of all truth in their understandings of Scriptural passages... and they are more than willing to "graciously" pass that wealth of knowledge along to the rest of us floundering mortals.

What a shame not to understand that knowing the one who is "The Truth", is a far cry from suddenly "Knowing all truth" in your overflowing rush of wisdom.

I certainly
The Lebanese Catholic, Kahlil Gibran, in his renowned poem, The Prophet, wrote: “Say not, “I have found the truth,” but rather, “I have found a truth.”

So many people seem to claim to have "found the truth"... meaning that they are possessors and proclaimers of all truth in their understandings of Scriptural passages... and they are more than willing to "graciously" pass that wealth of knowledge along to the rest of us floundering mortals.

What a shame not to understand that knowing the one who is "The Truth", is a far cry from suddenly "Knowing all truth" in your overflowing rush of wisdom.

it's also true that you can't say you have found a Truth when discussing Jesus Christ since he is the truth, the way and the life. I certainly agree no one has all the knowledge that's in the scriptures, which is why you must study the scriptures daily to continue to progress in the truth that is the scriptures. However it's shown in the scriptures that an Angel became a Slanderous and rebellious person who caused a rebellion. Satan will twist scriptures to deceive people to follow him yet the people will think they are being obedient to scriptures therefore following God. The majority of people today who believe themselves to be christians are not Christian's I don't believe, although they would argue how wrong I am for saying that. So I agree most people don't have the truth but instead their version of the truth. I believe however that the pattern in the scriptures is significant although I'm guessing most people will believe the pattern in the scriptures is unimportant. Majority of the world was going their own way rather than God's way when God flooded the world and destroyed everyone except Noah and his family. How many died then laughing at Noah before the flood. How many survived Sodom and Gommorah? Lot and his two daughters only. How many of the Jewish people in Israel believed Jesus to be the Messiah? Few in comparison to the national population. The Jewish Christian believers were the minority. Today the true Christians are the minority of the population of the world not the majority of the population. Billions will be destroyed at Armageddon, a few millions will be saved in comparison I believe. Do I think majority of the people who call themselves Christian's will agree with what actually is in the scriptures? No I don't, but I do believe that what is written down is true but a lot of things people say is in scriptures isn't written down, it would be if God thought it important, like your eternal life important, it would be written down.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly

it's also true that you can't say you have found a Truth when discussing Jesus Christ since he is the truth, the way and the life. I certainly agree no one has all the knowledge that's in the scriptures, which is why you must study the scriptures daily to continue to progress in the truth that is the scriptures. However it's shown in the scriptures that an Angel became a Slanderous and rebellious person who caused a rebellion. Satan will twist scriptures to deceive people to follow him yet the people will think they are being obedient to scriptures therefore following God. The majority of people today who believe themselves to be christians are not Christian's I don't believe, although they would argue how wrong I am for saying that. So I agree most people don't have the truth but instead their version of the truth. I believe however that the pattern in the scriptures is significant although I'm guessing most people will believe the pattern in the scriptures is unimportant. Majority of the world was going their own way rather than God's way when God flooded the world and destroyed everyone except Noah and his family. How many died then laughing at Noah before the flood. How many survived Sodom and Gommorah? Lot and his two daughters only. How many of the Jewish people in Israel believed Jesus to be the Messiah? Few in comparison to the national population. The Jewish Christian believers were the minority. Today the true Christians are the minority of the population of the world not the majority of the population. Billions will be destroyed at Armageddon, a few millions will be saved in comparison I believe. Do I think majority of the people who call themselves Christian's will agree with what actually is in the scriptures? No I don't, but I do believe that what is written down is true but a lot of things people say is in scriptures isn't written down, it would be if God thought it important, like your eternal life important, it would be written down.
Read CAREFULLY again, what I wrote. There was nothing at all in there about knowing Jesus, who is called "The Truth."

I wrote clearly that I was talking about people claiming to have the truth about all Scripture interpretations.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OK.....Would you care to at least TRY and answer my question?

Patient Mary
Why you dont want the truth, you have itchy ears, you will be scratching them a long time here because no one is willing to lie for you.

Thank goodnes for a patient God...

Reactions: Willie T

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most simple explanation to the OP is that ONLY Jesus is THE Truth!
John.14[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If you HAVE Jesus (His Holy Spirit), then you HAVE The Truth!

That is the Spiritual aspect, and is prefaced, by "IF".

"IF", you exist, you have your own natural "truths".

Jesus' Spiritual Truth, has nothing to do with "your own natural truths"....
IF, you love or hate:
...beets
...going to the movies
...obnoxious behaviors
...mosquito bites
...scrubbing toilets
Etc.

Glory to God,
Taken

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I didnt know he was Catholic...cool. I am so glad you posted this!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must be wary of self in reading the bible.

Agree, which I use the word applicability of ones self TO Scripture.

Too many people read the bible to see how they can be saved as they are already

Sure, some "are" saved.

....instead of learning to follow the truth.

Agree. Following the "TRUTH", is not a Lesson in HOW TO FOLLOW the Law...but rather a Lesson "The Truth" reveals and empowers one (via His Spirit) in HOW TO....
Know and Follow Gods "Precepts."

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read CAREFULLY again, what I wrote. There was nothing at all in there about knowing Jesus, who is called "The Truth."

I wrote clearly that I was talking about people claiming to have the truth about all Scripture interpretations.

The scriptures show that the Apostles had the truth and spoke or taught the truth to everyone who would listen. As I said in a previous post that I don't believe anyone has all the truth that's in the scriptures, that's why we must continue to study the scriptures. That doesn't mean however that God Holy Spirit can't be used by God with a certain group of people who would have the truth needed to attain salvation. If this group of people happens to be a group of people You and I don't agree with to be true Christians or be God's people so what! The people of Jesus day when he was on Earth didn't believe Jesus or his Apostles or disciples were God's people but they were cause God Holy Spirit shows us in the scriptures they are. Just because you or I or anyone else doesn't agree with a individuals or group of individuals take or interpretation of the scriptures so what! How do you know that God is using or not using his Holy Spirit to work through this individual or group of individuals to spread the truth. People certainly have the right to disagree with others but be careful who you disagree with cause if you are disagreeing with the people God is using then you are disagreeing with God by disagreeing with his people. Where do you think that will get you. I'm not saying you shouldn't disagree with an individual or group of individuals but just to beware that you are not infallible in how you believe or your take on the the scriptures.

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must be wary of self in reading the bible. Too many people read the bible to see how they can be saved as they are already....instead of learning to follow the truth.
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying here.

Isn't it important to make sure we're 'receiving from the text' rather than 'reading into the text'? Isn't that what exegesis is? Bringing out rather than putting in?

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Acolyte

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying here.

Isn't it important to make sure we're 'receiving from the text' rather than 'reading into the text'? Isn't that what exegesis is? Bringing out rather than putting in?

Much love!
Mark

When a person reads the text from weakness....God is there to empower us. But when a person reads looking to be justified for his/her beliefs....what is strengthened is a religious pride that defies God even while believing to be justified by Him.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person reds the text from weakness....God is there to empower us. But when a person reads looking to be justified for his/her beliefs....what is strengthened is a religious pride that defies God even while believing to be justified by Him.

I would definitely agree that if you're going to the Bible trying to find justification to do whatever you want you're going to miss the real message. Isegesis I think it's called (?) is when you read into the Bible what you want to be there.

And yes, we need to take real care that we are humbly before God to hear from Him.

Much love!
Mark

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would definitely agree that if you're going to the Bible trying to find justification to do whatever you want you're going to miss the real message. Isegesis I think it's called (?) is when you read into the Bible what you want to be there.

And yes, we need to take real care that we are humbly before God to hear from Him.

Much love!
Mark
Not to do "whatever you want."
Claiming as factual, assumed presumptions of what a Scripture means is a good example of using it wrong. ( ie. running to "Proof Texts" we have been taught to turn to and recite in order to justify our beliefs in certain 'doctrines.' )

Reactions: Heart2Soul

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person reds the text from weakness....God is there to empower us. But when a person reads looking to be justified for his/her beliefs....what is strengthened is a religious pride that defies God even while believing to be justified by Him.

Resulting in pep rallies for Jesus instead of worship or challenging Bible studies.