Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told the mods to put a notice icon on everyone that has me on ignore so I can count my trophy points. But it's just a work in progress, I'm still waiting for approval of that gem of an idea.
I would also like that feature. Or list it on our own user-profile page.

I was able to get a positive ID on one of the members who has me on ignore. The funny thing is, I've actually liked several of his posts after he put me on ignore, but he'll never know. If he takes me off, he'll get a bump in his number of "likes".

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was able to get a positive ID on one of the members who has me on ignore. The funny thing is, I've actually liked several of his posts after he put me on ignore, but he'll never know. If he takes me off, he'll get a bump in his number of "likes".
You could always go around to all their old posts and unlike everything you liked about them for putting you on ignore. Just sayin. Ok I guess I'm in one of those moods.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But honestly, putting people on ignore is sooooo naive. They never know what people are saying about them behind their backs. Hmmm.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a great night in the hospital, resthome units
Been very busy but God is still good. :)
Hi Angelina. I've heard people have spiritual experiences at hospitals and with the near end of life people in units like that. I kinda wonder if you've experienced that also?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Very much so. I once had an elderly christian man come to the hospital unit. He was in palliative care. He passed away while I was on duty. After his family left, I was walking down another wing when his voice spoke in my ear. "how do I get out of here?". So without answering, I prayed, father please send an angel of the lord to take this soul to where it ought to be. I ask this now Father in Jesus mighty name" Never heard any more after that so I'm assuming he got to the right place :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was working with a young man (23) who had some challenges but he had a kind and caring personality. To get him more focussed on getting the work done, I would promise that we would play fun games like hide and seek but we'd have to be quiet otherwise we would wake the residents. One night I was hiding in a passageway cupboard down in one of the wings. I spotted him walk past and was about to jump out and scare him when I realized that I wasn't alone in that darn cupboard.. .:eek::p

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was working with a young man (23) who had some challenges but he had a kind and caring personality. To get him more focussed on getting the work done, I would promise that we would play fun games like hide and seek but we'd have to be quiet otherwise we would wake the residents. One night I was hiding in a passageway cupboard down in one of the wings. I spotted him walk past and was about to jump out and scare him when I realized that I wasn't alone in that darn cupboard.. .:eek::p
Spooky! Yeah my brother lived in a haunted house and saw a man standing in their doorway while they were sleeping, and I was there when a plate moved across the table in front of both of us. It was a turn of the century home.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona, I'm doing great. Having a relaxing day. I figured out some math stuff and now just taking a break. How are you doing?

Im doing great. I feel like myself again having gotten into several books. Growing up, I read books all the time.

The weather here is balmy and breezy. We are on alert at the pregnancy center, anticipating possible protests but the ladies and I had a great time as usual.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im doing great. I feel like myself again having gotten into several books. Growing up, I read books all the time.

The weather here is balmy and breezy. We are on alert at the pregnancy center, anticipating possible protests but the ladies and I had a great time as usual.

Yes Roe vs Wade is being considered. Hopefully all will be peaceful. But with the GBLT I somehow doubt it. They instigated problems in the USA.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But honestly, putting people on ignore is sooooo naive. They never know what people are saying about them behind their backs. Hmmm.
I have never put anyone on ignore . If folks are preaching falsehoods i want to be there to resist the lies and make sure
no one else buys them .
Though i cant say the same about myself . I have often been put on ignore .
Let the LORD be praised through it all . In this day and age we have a massive delusion brewing
and i want to make sure i exposed it for the sakes of others . Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never put anyone on ignore . If folks are preaching falsehoods i want to be there to resist the lies and make sure
no one else buys them .
Though i cant say the same about myself . I have often been put on ignore .
Let the LORD be praised through it all . In this day and age we have a massive delusion brewing
and i want to make sure i exposed it for the sakes of others . Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord .
Yes ignore is ignorant, They're very similar words.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Very much so. I once had an elderly christian man come to the hospital unit. He was in palliative care. He passed away while I was on duty. After his family left, I was walking down another wing when his voice spoke in my ear. "how do I get out of here?". So without answering, I prayed, father please send an angel of the lord to take this soul to where it ought to be. I ask this now Father in Jesus mighty name" Never heard any more after that so I'm assuming he got to the right place :)
You must have had a lot of sobering, sad experience in the course of your work, over the years, @Angelina...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You must have had a lot of sobering, sad experience in the course of your work, over the years, @Angelina...
Yes. I have held the hand of many, comforted and prayed for many who have passed from the kingdom of this world to the next. Saddest part is when family are rushing to get to their bedside but don't make it in time. Sometimes I sing, sometimes I just look at them with compassion and say to them that they are gonna be okay, particularly those brothers and sisters of mine who are in Christ Jesus.xoxo

Love my brothers and sisters in Christ. animated-heart-image-0171.gif

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes. I have held the hand of many, comforted and prayed for many who have passed from the kingdom of this world to the next. Saddest part is when family are rushing to get to their bedside but don't make it in time. Sometimes I sing, sometimes I just look at them with compassion and say to them that they are gonna be okay, particularly those brothers and sisters of mine who are in Chrsit Jesus.xoxo
@Angelina Prayer and the Scriptures are such a resource.......