Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, @Pathfinder7, CB. 6:42 EDT. Gotta get up early. I promised a friend who can no longer drive I'd help her run a few errands this morning.

Tornado watch in my area 'til 14:00. Wonderful. Just wonderful. I think I'll work from home today, unless the folks from the other department can configure a system that I can use to debug this problem.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, CB
----
High 74F..today
Thunderstorms
----
6:33 am
East Coast
---
Having my morning coffee..
Good morning CB and Pathfinder7. Just waking up with my first cup of coffee. I slept for 12 hours last night, wow I needed sleep. We have partly cloudy weather here in the Pacific Northwest. A strong rain last night though. Cheers!

Reactions: Pathfinder7

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, @Pathfinder7, CB. 6:42 EDT. Gotta get up early. I promised a friend who can no longer drive I'd help her run a few errands this morning.

Tornado watch in my area 'til 14:00. Wonderful. Just wonderful. I think I'll work from home today, unless the folks from the other department can configure a system that I can use to debug this problem.
Be careful, tornados scare me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My grandfather was a weatherman in Kansas for a while, and he gave me a healthy respect for tornadoes. I saw what the big one in '66 did to Topeka. So far (praise God), we haven't gotten the big ones here in NC.
Sounds like he lived in Tornado Alley, @Lambano.....

(A recent storm up here is supposed also to have involved a tornado...) :)

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They had a tornado in virginia so far:
Homes Damaged by Possible Tornado in Virginia - Videos from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I finally solved out how to calculate in C-Sharp programming language an integral for dipole concentric sphere capacitors. It took me a while though. I'm not too versed in calculus.
Two concentric spheres, radii R1 and R2, + charge on one, - charge on the other, staring down the barrel of one of Maxwell's equations? I think I remember having that problem in my Electromagnetic Fields class, Lord, must've been more than 40 years ago. I don't remember a thing about how to solve it.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two concentric spheres, radii R1 and R2, + charge on one, - charge on the other, staring down the barrel of one of Maxwell's equations? I think I remember having that problem in my Electromagnetic Fields class, Lord, must've been more than 40 years ago. I don't remember a thing about how to solve it.
It works out to Kq(R1-R2)/(R1*R2). But it was an integral of Kq*{ dr/r^2. The difficult part was figuring out the dr in a C# program. It was weird.

Anyways, I'm still working on my theory and thought I had finished it as usual. Till I solved a new portion of it, which changes everything else. I have something to do with my life now :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's 2:17 am and I'm awake for now, I think I'll go back to sleep soon but just slept a couple times yesterday so I only slept 4 hours last night. Anyone else up?

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, Devin & CB.
----
6:12 am
East Coast
---
High 94F..today
Partly Cloudy
---
Having my second cup of coffee..

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't leave work 'til after midnight trying to figuratively herd a bunch of cats in a direction they don't wanna go. Now I gotta get up early 'cuz I promised my friend I'd sit with her through her chemo-lite treatment. Gonna need coffee today.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't leave work 'til after midnight trying to figuratively herd a bunch of cats in a direction they don't wanna go. Now I gotta get up early 'cuz I promised my friend I'd sit with her through her chemo-lite treatment. Gonna need coffee today.
You carry the mark of a true Christian, inspiring. And coffee is good. I got to take my super vitamin D pill this morning, so I should have energy today too.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lost any credit before God by telling y'all that. "I tell you, they have received their reward."
Sometimes I do the same thing, LOL. But still I needed to hear it, so maybe it was just for me. When I think of good Christians, I think of helping each other. It brings happiness to my soul to hear these things.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday evening, I took a break from work just before sunset and took a stroll around the lake we have on the campus. Ran into a family who was fishing, That made me think, when was the last time I went fishing? I've got a pole, and I know there are fish in the river that runs behind the house 'cuz one of the neighbor kids once caught a couple of bass back there, but I haven't tried in years. The last time I went fishing and actually caught something (fishing and catching are different sports), my goodness, that was with Grandpa Lambano back when I was 12. Half a century ago. Grandpa Lambano loved to fish. Grandma Lambano needlepointed a little plaque for him that read, "Lord, grant me the grace to catch a fish SO BIG, that when telling of it afterwards, I need never lie!"

Sigh. Happy memories. :)