Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday evening, I took a break from work just before sunset and took a stroll around the lake we have on the campus. Ran into a family who was fishing, That made me think, when was the last time I went fishing? I've got a pole, and I know there are fish in the river that runs behind the house 'cuz one of the neighbor kids once caught a couple of bass back there, but I haven't tried in years. The last time I went fishing and actually caught something (fishing and catching are different sports), my goodness, that was with Grandpa Lambano back when I was 12. Half a century ago. Grandpa Lambano loved to fish. Grandma Lambano needlepointed a little plaque for him that read, "Lord, grant me the grace to catch a fish SO BIG, that when telling of it afterwards, I need never lie!"

Sigh. Happy memories. :)
A few years back I went fishing with my nephews down by my grandma's old house. There is a peer that stretches out to the opening of the river, where the river empties into the bay area. Anyways the Salmon were running. We caught a few 5-10 pounders. Took them home and cooked them up. It was the best of times and good fun.

Reactions: farouk

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A few years back I went fishing with my nephews down by my grandma's old house. There is a peer that stretches out to the opening of the river, where the river empties into the bay area. Anyways the Salmon were running. We caught a few 5-10 pounders. Took them home and cooked them up. It was the best of times and good fun.

To "peer" means to "look with difficulty or concentration at someone or something." Not sure that you can catch fish off of a "peer?"

On the other hand, a "pier" that extends out over water is a structure from which fish can be caught.

Reliance upon Microsoft's or any other computer OS spell checker can lead to "humorous," which is the American spelling, ways of expressing our unintended prose.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To "peer" means to "look with difficulty or concentration at someone or something." Not sure that you can catch fish off of a "peer?"

On the other hand, a "pier" that extends out over water is a structure from which fish can be caught.

Reliance upon Microsoft's or any other computer OS spell checker can lead to "humorous," which is the American spelling, ways of expressing our unintended prose.
Kicken:D

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In the unit tonight. Extremely quiet at the moment but this could change in a twinkling of an eye :) might have my nightime dinner. Bacon and eggs:D

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the unit tonight. Extremely quiet at the moment but this could change in a twinkling of an eye :) might have my nightime dinner. Bacon and eggs:D
I haven't had bacon for years. It was one of my favorites.

Reactions: Angelina

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I picked up a case for my IPhone finally. Had some extra cash. Having fun tonight. Hope everyone is well.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That cat is playing chopsticks with chopsticks (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles):

Reactions: Lambano