Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My friends and I were planning on going to an Indian restaurant tonight but it didn't end up that way. They came to my house and we ordered in. I had Beef Korma and rice (mild) with loosa.(mango drink made with yoghurt). So nice. Now am at work in the D unit. Night shift..... :Happy:
Hi @Angelina Korma is the mild variety; it's the Vindaloo that is the really strong stuff...........

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning! How's it going?
Good morning Wynona. Just waking up now. I think I finally made it thru the hot days. Today it is much cooler. I think we have a couple warm days ahead but nothing too hot. End of August now.

Reactions: Wynona and farouk

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Angelina Korma is the mild variety; it's the Vindaloo that is the really strong stuff...........
@Angelina and @farouk, @Wynona and @Pathfinder7 and anyone I left out:

I ate at an Indian restaurant once. It was an experience that was interesting and kinda reminds me of Jesus somehow. Sitting in a circle and being served food from that region. Middle eastern or Indian curry. I liked the atmosphere of the restaurant.

I've had some divers lunches and dinners from around the world throughout my life. I enjoyed the five star spicy Thai food.

Vietnamese Pho was wonderful. And I'm always a fan of Chinese food like Mongolian beef. We have a teriyaki chicken place nearby that is wonderful. When I lived in a nearby town we had some of the best sweet and sour chicken.

There was a Mongolian restaurant where you would select your ingredients and put them into bowls. You would bring them to the open cooking tables where they would fry them rapidly and place it back into the bowls. I really loved that place too.

We have a lot of Asian restaurants nearby here in the Pacific Northwest.

Now I'm excited to go out and get a cooked meal from outside my home :)

So is there any international cuisine that I left out?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a picture of a Mongolian grill:
mgrill.jpg

And then there's the atmosphere if an Indian restaurant, not sure if they're all like this, the one I went to was pretty cool and we sat on the floor. I looked it up and I think a lot of them incorporate chair seating these days:
Munchies_Cafe-Bhagsu_India-Restaurant-Greg_Goodman-AdventuresofaGoodMan-1.jpg

Reactions: Wynona and Angelina

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a picture of a Mongolian grill:
Ever been to a HuHot Mongolian grill franchise? My sister took us to one in Denver. Every time there was a grease fire on the grill, the staff would yell out "HU HOT!"

I guess that's so the clientele wouldn't panic every time they smelled smoke. We heard "HU HOT!" a lot that night.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then there's the atmosphere if an Indian restaurant, not sure if they're all like this, the one I went to was pretty cool and we sat on the floor. I looked it up and I think a lot of them incorporate chair seating these days:

So is there any international cuisine that I left out?

I've experienced the floor seating in one of the local Japanese restaurants. I found it uncomfortable even before my sciatica problems. Later, the owner discretely put optional leg holes in the floor under the table where you couldn't see 'em. We older customers appreciate that.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever been to a HuHot Mongolian grill franchise? My sister took us to one in Denver. Every time there was a grease fire on the grill, the staff would yell out "HU HOT!"

I guess that's so the clientele wouldn't panic every time they smelled smoke. We heard "HU HOT!" a lot that night.
:Laughingoutloud: Yeah the grill is pretty Hot, flash fry that food. I would use this special oil and spice mixture that I knew would erupt in open flames. It was really awesome to watch. Guess I'm kinda a rascal that way.:Oh no:

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've experienced the floor seating in one of the local Japanese restaurants. I found it uncomfortable even before my sciatica problems. Later, the owner discretely put optional leg holes in the floor under the table where you couldn't see 'em. We older customers appreciate that.
I don't know if I've had Japanese food yet. Can you post some of their cuisine for me to get an idea?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if I've had Japanese food yet. Can you post some of their cuisine for me to get an idea?
We'll start with the obvious:
shutterstock_Sushi.jpg

Shabu-shabu (literally, "swish, swish") is a meat and vegetable hot pot that you cook yourself at the restaurant table. I had this at a restaurant in Tokyo. My host forgot his wallet, so I ended up paying for him and his girlfriend's meals. Fortunately, my boss didn't scrutinize my expense account too closely.
IMG_8658-1024x683.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll start with the obvious:
what-is-sushi-5079606-hero-01-e5a0a26f194a49478f84e04193baaefa.jpg

Shabu-shabu (literally, "swish, swish") is a meat and vegetable hot pot that you cook yourself at the restaurant table. I had this at a restaurant in Tokyo. My host forgot his wallet, so I ended up paying for him and his girlfriend's meals. Fortunately, my boss didn't scrutinize my expense account too closely.
IMG_8658-1024x683.jpg
That looks really good. Reminds me of Pho' from the Vietnamese cuisine, but a little different.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That looks really good. Reminds me of Pho' from the Vietnamese cuisine, but a little different.
We have several Pho' restaurants around here. I hope they made it through the Covid shutdowns.

Switching to Korean, one of my favorites is Bibimbap:

lg-b-bibimbap%20recipe.jpg

And Americans call this "Korean pizza", but its real name is Pajeon and it's a seafood-and-green-onion pancake.

DSC3190-1024x684.jpg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...And then after all this fellowshipping over food, I go to the Prayer Forum and see that our brother My Dreams in India had to borrow some rice from his sister in order to feed his family. :(

Sigh.

Brothers and sisters, please do pray for him and his family.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...And then after all this fellowshipping over food, I go to the Prayer Forum and see that our brother My Dreams in India had to borrow some rice from his sister in order to feed his family. :(

Sigh.

Brothers and sisters, please do pray for him and his family.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't drank coffee all day. So I warmed up a couple cups to stay awake. So yeah, it's not bedtime for me either :)
Give me the morning over the evening any day.

I'm coping with evenings better these days. But its such a weird time for me.

Reactions: dev553344

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've had a very busy night at work. Glad to be home but now I seem to be all thumbs, dropping things and spilling coffee on myself....time to go to bed I think :smlhmm::Zzzzz:

Reactions: dev553344