Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Southern California. I had some of my best times there and really enjoyed it. I moved there on my own and just traveled and worked thru the state. From San Bernardino to San Diego. San Diego was my favorite and loved the beaches there. And San Bernardino had super fun hiking. Loved the view of the valley from top of the mountains. But it was hot down there. Never snowed except up in the mountains.

I love being outdoors. I miss Kure Beach, NC and the ability to go fishing whenever I want.

I'd fish for hours and be so calm and happy, even if I didn't catch anything. Sometimes Id surf fish in a dress and a tourist would ask to snap a photo.

I love catching and cooking fresh fish. I suppose I could fish ponds and lakes but I haven't got myself to do that yet.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they're only a problem with pets that harass the turtles and get close enough to get snapped. The snapping turtles look like this:
Snap-x2-6.jpg

Wow. I bet my husband would pick one up despite the danger. He loves animals.

Look at the mouth. You don't want none of that.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love being outdoors. I miss Kure Beach, NC and the ability to go fishing whenever I want.

I'd fish for hours and be so calm and happy, even if I didn't catch anything. Sometimes Id surf fish in a dress and a tourist would ask to snap a photo.

I love catching and cooking fresh fish. I suppose I could fish ponds and lakes but I haven't got myself to do that yet.
Well here in the Pacific Northwest I grew up fishing and crabbing. Some of my Tribal friends go for shrimp. Great times.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. I bet my husband would pick one up despite the danger. He loves animals.

Look at the mouth. You don't want none of that.
Yeah that's what my Marine Corps buddy said. Not for the pets to mess with. They're slow or something so probably only a danger for pets.

We have porcupines here and my dogs almost died after attacking one. They got quills in their throats and couldn't swallow. We had to take them to the vet to get treated. They made it out OK. But wow. They were a mess.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah that's what my Marine Corps buddy said. Not for the pets to mess with. They're slow or something so probably only a danger for pets.

We have porcupines here and my dogs almost died after attacking one. They got quills in their throats and couldn't swallow. We had to take them to the vet to get treated. They made it out OK. But wow. They were a mess.

How many dogs do you have? What kind are they? Im glad they're okay.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only imagine fresh caught shrimp for eating. Yum!
The best food I have ever had was Lobster. I guess down in Mexico you can get huge lobster meals for cheap. I never tried it as Mexico was a little dangerous when I lived in California. Not too friendly to visitors as it was explained to me. I went their once and almost got rammed by a car.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many dogs do you have? What kind are they? Im glad they're okay.
We had two, they were my sisters really and it was when I lived on the reservation with my mother. Back in the day. I don't have pets anymore as I can't really afford one. If anything were to come up and they needed a vet I couldn't pay for it. Back when I was working we had cats, with my ex. I loved my cats. I'm a cat person.

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, the dogs were a mix of two breads, one siberian huskey and the other black lab.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best food I have ever had was Lobster. I guess down in Mexico you can get huge lobster meals for cheap. I never tried it as Mexico was a little dangerous when I lived in California. Not too friendly to visitors as it was explained to me. I went their once and almost got rammed by a car.

I was in Mexico briefly when traveling shotgun in the big rig. There was the worst bathroom Id ever seen. Was glad to get out.

My favorite food ever might be fresh caught fried Pompino. Once I had that, I knew Id love eating fresh caught fish for life.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had two, they were my sisters really and it was when I lived on the reservation with my mother. Back in the day. I don't have pets anymore as I can't really afford one. If anything were to come up and they needed a vet I couldn't pay for it. Back when I was working we had cats, with my ex. I loved my cats. I'm a cat person.

Maybe God will send you an outside cat. We had two outside cats named Zelda and Beans. They are now with a neighbor. But they'd always run up to us when we came home to beg for food and pettings.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in Mexico briefly when traveling shotgun in the big rig. There was the worst bathroom Id ever seen. Was glad to get out.

My favorite food ever might be fresh caught fried Pompino. Once I had that, I knew Id love eating fresh caught fish for life.
My favorite fish was rainbow trout, fried and salted. I've never had anything from the east coast except cat fish.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite fish was rainbow trout, fried and salted. I've never had anything from the east coast except cat fish.

Everybody seems to love flounder over here. It is pretty good. Will try rainbow trout if I get a chance.

What kinds of foods is the Pacific Northwest famous for?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe God will send you an outside cat. We had two outside cats named Zelda and Beans. They are now with a neighbor. But they'd always run up to us when we came home to beg for food and pettings.
I live on a busy street. My neighbor has cats. They stare out the window at me and the birds. I've often wondered how he keeps them from bolting out the door when he opens it. My cats in Cali used to love bolting out the door. But we didn't live on a busy street. But hey they have 9 lives.

We have coyotes that roam the neighborhood in the early morning, but I can't pet them.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody seems to love flounder over here. It is pretty good. Will try rainbow trout if I get a chance.

What kinds of foods is the Pacific Northwest famous for?

Pike Place Fish Market | World's Best Seafood Ships Nationwide

Fish and crab and shrimp. We have that famous Pike Place Fish Market where they toss fish around. Tourists love to visit that place. I've been there a couple times. It's in Seattle's downtown district.:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live on a busy street. My neighbor has cats. They stare out the window at me and the birds. I've often wondered how he keeps them from bolting out the door when he opens it. My cats in Cali used to love bolting out the door. But we didn't live on a busy street. But hey they have 9 lives.

We have coyotes that roam the neighborhood in the early morning, but I can't pet them.

If you have cats staring at you, then thats better than nothing. Enjoy the cat-tention. You can even speak to the cats. It's if they speak back then you have a problem.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have cats staring at you, then thats better than nothing. Enjoy the cat-tention. You can even speak to the cats. It's if they speak back then you have a problem.
Yeah they are the cutest cats. If they could talk I'm sure it would be something about catching the birdies that eat the worms in our grass.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pike Place Fish Market | World's Best Seafood Ships Nationwide

Fish and crab and shrimp. We have that famous Pike Place Fish Market where they toss fish around. Tourists love to visit that place. I've been there a couple times. It's in Seattle's downtown district.:

I think I know my dream career now. I'd be a food tourist/blogger and I'd specialize in great local eateries and dishes. I'd love to tour different states and overseas trying different foods that are landmark foods.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I know my dream career now. I'd be a food tourist/blogger and I'd specialize in great local eateries and dishes. I'd love to tour different states and overseas trying different foods that are landmark foods.
Well then you would love the Space-Needle. It has a spinning restaurant that shows you a birds eye view of Seattle and the water as you eat. As it spins 360 degrees every so often. Here's a time lapse of the view. I've ate there when I was younger, fun place:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and the space needle has an elevator that is see thru and totally freaks you out it's so high and scary. :Laughingoutloud: