Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am somewhere in Maryland at a Costco distribution center in the truck. Hubby is sleeping. Ive decided to fast and pray but now that Ive made that decision, it's like Im struggling on where to start.

If I could use headphones, I think I can use some great prayer music to help me.
When I used to fast and pray it would be on my knees a lot praying to the Lord. Just sort of meditating on God. I would usually pray and fast with a purpose and then donate the meals I would have ate to the poor. Which usually went to my church to distribute.

I fasted for my marriage once. And once for a healing. Both worked out better for it.

Anyways, I don't really fast anymore. But there was a time when I did that much. It's a great way to connect with God and gain will power to resist temptations when they arise.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I used to fast and pray it would be on my knees a lot praying to the Lord. Just sort of meditating on God. I would usually pray and fast with a purpose and then donate the meals I would have ate to the poor. Which usually went to my church to distribute.

I fasted for my marriage once. And once for a healing. Both worked out better for it.

Anyways, I don't really fast anymore. But there was a time when I did that much. It's a great way to connect with God and gain will power to resist temptations when they arise.

I see. It has power. I have a great idea for ministry now that I think is a direct result from fasting.

Reactions: Rita and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. It has power. I have a great idea for ministry now that I think is a direct result from fasting.
I'm just working on my project today. It's not raining out but it's so misty that it's watering the ground. We are in desperate need of rain so it's nice.

What is your idea?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344

You would like the passage of Scripture that is currently turning my world upside down.

Isaiah 58

58 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.

4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord?

6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just working on my project today. It's not raining out but it's so misty that it's watering the ground. We are in desperate need of rain so it's nice.

What is your idea?

I'd rather not say it on here because Im afraid people would discourage me about it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Spending a lot of time piecing together my family tree. Although it can be fun, it can also be frustrating when you hit a brick wall. Also have to think about how I am going to approach researching family lines as it is difficult to keep focussed. Unless of course, you are an analytical person....:Broadly:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been working on my project all day today and searching the internet trying to figure out what is wrong with my brain with the episodes I have. I think I may have figured out what's wrong. But I still am working on my project. Not sure if I figured that one out yet. And I have to talk to my neurologist more about my episodes. That's coming up in a few days.

Generally I feel pretty good today like God is near. Which always makes me happy. :joyful:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been working on my project all day today and searching the internet trying to figure out what is wrong with my brain with the episodes I have. I think I may have figured out what's wrong. But I still am working on my project. Not sure if I figured that one out yet. And I have to talk to my neurologist more about my episodes. That's coming up in a few days.

Generally I feel pretty good today like God is near. Which always makes me happy. :joyful:

I'm glad! Praise the Lord!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm bored today. Worked on my project and couldn't figure anything new out. Searched the internet for my condition and found some stuff to discuss with the neurologist, but have to wait for that for a couple days. Just watching TV and relaxing, after drinking an energy drink. Woohoo!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's almost 9:30 pm here, the curtains are closed and I've just put on my cosy pyjamas and am now going to watch 'Doc Martin'. My pen-pal from Chicago likes this series but in the US it is a series behind us here in the UK.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning CB. Having a good morning. We had two rats that would scurry around on my walks at the bakery. Reminds me of the movie Ratatouille :)

3:00 am
High 72F
Partly Cloudy

Pacific Northwest. Had my coffee, ahhh.
200w.gif

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Movie time :) Hope everyone is having a good day, cheers!

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannot seem to sleep. Its 2am.

The new place...? I'm not a fan. I regret moving to this ugly place.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannot seem to sleep. Its 2am.

The new place...? I'm not a fan. I regret moving to this ugly place.
Sorry to hear that. I wondered how you would like it. Well, the future is wide open. Keep in good cheer. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At work tonight. 2 ressies still awake. One is speaking Dutch to another. Although not understanding each other. Happy! :Broadly:
My ex wife used to love the old people that she worked with when she was a nurses assistant. She was very fond of them. I'm starting to understand that as I get older.

Reactions: Angelina