Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here...sunny and a bit warmer. Tomorrow will be 76.
More rain expected by late Sunday night...into Monday. So glad, love it.

Ordered groceries for tomorrow arrival. Had a lot of trouble with the wifi disconnecting. I heard this morning AT&T wifi went out totally nationwide.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah. Full moon tonight. No wonder things are getting weird around here.
It amazes me that some people still think a full moon is some sort of power or omen. Reminds me of superstition in older cultures.

But ya it was full yesterday too. I went for a walk early in the morning before the sun came up and I was like "wow that is bright".

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It amazes me that some people still think a full moon is some sort of power or omen. Reminds me of superstition in older cultures.

But ya it was full yesterday too. I went for a walk early in the morning before the sun came up and I was like "wow that is bright".
Here's an NIH study which showed the crime rate goes up during a full moon:

Full Moon and Crime said:

Abstract​

The incidence of crimes reported to three police stations in different towns (one rural, one urban, one industrial) was studied to see if it varied with the day of the lunar cycle. The period of the study covered 1978-82. The incidence of crimes committed on full moon days was much higher than on all other days, new moon days, and seventh days after the full moon and new moon. A small peak in the incidence of crimes was observed on new moon days, but this was not significant when compared with crimes committed on other days.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's an NIH study which showed the crime rate goes up during a full moon:

Abstract

The incidence of crimes reported to three police stations in different towns (one rural, one urban, one industrial) was studied to see if it varied with the day of the lunar cycle. The period of the study covered 1978-82. The incidence of crimes committed on full moon days was much higher than on all other days, new moon days, and seventh days after the full moon and new moon. A small peak in the incidence of crimes was observed on new moon days, but this was not significant when compared with crimes committed on other days.​
Wow, I wouldn't have guessed at that. Thanks for the info. I thought you were just making a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saying hello guys. Going to sign off very soon.

I broke a molar last Sunday. Thank God no pain. Have a dental appointment on Tuesday.

It's a new dentist. He is on the corner of our street...our apartment building is behind his office building. So that will be great....no taxis to and from the old dentist.

I was with my old dental practice since 1968. Two of my dentists died. Then another dentist took over. But I think he was overcharging me...and he always wanted to do a lot of bonding since my gums are somewhat recessed.

I never wanted the bondings....at 73 I think recessed gums are somewhat expected! And my teeth feel sturdy enough.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @Lambano check this out:

"GREATER POLICE ACTIVITY INVOLVING BREAKING AND ENTERING DURING THE FULL MOON SUGGESTS THAT BRIGHT LIGHT MAY ACT AS A DETERRENT FOR MOST FORMS OF CRIME, BUT THAT DIM (MOON-) LIGHT MAY ENCOURAGE SOME KINDS OF CRIME." POLICE ACTIVITY AND THE FULL MOON | Office of Justice Programs

In light of the facts I decided to investigate :cool:

Reactions: Debp and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saying hello guys. Going to sign off very soon.

I broke a molar last Sunday. Thank God no pain. Have a dental appointment on Tuesday.

It's a new dentist. He is on the corner of our street...our apartment building is behind his office building. So that will be great....no taxis to and from the old dentist.

I was with my old dental practice since 1968. Two of my dentists died. Then another dentist took over. But I think he was overcharging me...and he always wanted to do a lot of bonding since my gums are somewhat recessed.

I never wanted the bondings....at 73 I think recessed gums are somewhat expected! And my teeth feel sturdy enough.
Sorry to hear about your tooth. Hope they can fix that soon.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's no fun. When I busted an incisor as a kid, my dentist put a sticky gum-like substance over the tooth to keep food particles and stuff out of there until they could put a ceramic cap over it. Did your dentist do this?
I see the new dentist on Tuesday.

The molar has a large, old filling in it so it might not be able to be capped...not much tooth remaining. I don't want an implant so it might have to be pulled.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's 3am and it is snowing and it stuck to the roads. Wow, late February and it snowed. Odd weather these days. Drinking some coffee and working on my project.