Leaving creationism = leaving Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Also as per the OP, many "fundamentalists" have for years been embracing a ruin reconstruction theology.

I do not hold this view, however it seems, on the surface at least, to end nearly all debate on this topic. A closer look however, makes biblical literalists very uncomfortable.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
You turn any little ones away from His Word with that damnable teaching of evolution or try to discredit His truth it'd be better for you to use one as a necklace and dive in the Atlantic. And thats not just for you. If that shoe fits anybody, lace up.
At least someone is going back to the topic of the OP.

In my experience, it's not "that damnable teaching of evolution" that's leading kids astray, it's teaching them things like young-earth creationism and telling them that they have to believe all of it, or else they might as well be atheists. Having them deny so much reality leads to displays of staggering denialism and hubris, such as what's shown in this thread.

It puts me in mind of something I read a while ago....If the Bible said the sky was plaid, some people would never look up, yet would angrily argue against anyone who dared to look and say "Actually, it's blue".

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
A quick internet search tells me that according to science the sky contains all colors visible to the human eye.

So, it is blue as well as plaid.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
A quick internet search tells me that according to science the sky contains all colors visible to the human eye.

So, it is blue as well as plaid.
I don't think you understood the point she was trying to make.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:
At least someone is going back to the topic of the OP.

In my experience, it's not "that damnable teaching of evolution" that's leading kids astray, it's teaching them things like young-earth creationism and telling them that they have to believe all of it, or else they might as well be atheists. Having them deny so much reality leads to displays of staggering denialism and hubris, such as what's shown in this thread.

It puts me in mind of something I read a while ago....If the Bible said the sky was plaid, some people would never look up, yet would angrily argue against anyone who dared to look and say "Actually, it's blue".
i believe science can reveal God's mysteries of how creation was made but we in our ignorance believe we know more then God and this causes us to be lead astray. second we are to be imitators of Christ yet we tell our kids to do as i say and not as i do which causes the kids to call us hypocrites and as a result leave the Lord. also when we are asked a question about God and we don't know the answer which in turn causes us to not answer the question results in a lot of people believing God does not have answers to their problems and so they quit believing in God.

we as christians are supposed to have answers and yet it seems we have so few of them. how many of you actually try and search for answers asked of you? many times i hear people answer like this, "we are not meant to know the will of God" or "if we were meant to know the answer God would of told us".

for instance how would you all answer these questions?
-if the world is 6000 years old how do you explain dinosaurs skeletons which are over 1 million years old?
-science proves it takes longer then 6000 years for skinned pigmentation to occur. so how do you explain the pigment of black skinned people and white skinned people?

these are just a few questions i could ask.

so understanding science helps us to be able to understand our world, our God, and ourselves better. there is a lot of science that goes along with the bible if you just look.

God bless

Reactions: River Jordan

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
SNR,

On the contrary, I fully understand what she said. The question is, are you able to understand the critical thinking skills involved in my response?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suhar, this is my last response to you on this thread - if you want further conversation PM me.

Suhar said:
Well WHAT IS IT that is so COMPELLING? You want to keep it to yourself? You do not want to share? Not very nice of you! Maybe I want to be "compelled" too!
If this was a serious request for information, you would click on the Berkeley website link I provided - everything written on that website is equally compelling - it is meaningless to rank it, especially if you are going to pick a apart my reposts (from the site) and muddy the waters when you are unable to address them.

So far the only "evidence" you have provided is you snarky attitude talking down to me as if I am an idiot. Not very "compelling" to say the least!
You are the hostile person in this conversation. I have nothing to prove. I am not advocating for belief or denial in literalism or evolution - I care less what you choose to believe. The only issue I care about is people like yourself adding to the requirements of salvation without authority. Demanding with hostility, masquerading as righteous fervor that everyone must conform to your standard of literal scripture interpretation. This is the millstone I am talking about - not scripture itself, as you implied.

So, you are saying that you do not want to read the Bible or do not believe that it is a Word of God? Because it is in there quite clearly - SIX DAYS! You actually saying that believing Word of God is a "millstone" Wow!
Perfect example of my last comment. If I do not conform to your external standard of literalism, I must hate reading the Bible or not believe it is the word of God or arrogantly dismiss the obvious interpretation. I believe the Creation revelation took six days to reveal to Moses - if I am wrong, big deal - God will correct me and we will have a good laugh about it. If you are wrong, I can picture you throwing a tantrum when you are corrected.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
For real? That's been your purpose since you've joined this board. To discredit the Word. Sounding like an atheist in disguise. :)
You directly accused me of lying. If you cannot show specifically where I've lied, then your accusation is without merit. Most people would be embarrassed to do such a thing.
I looked back through this thread (lot of time on my hands today....literally watching paint dry <_< ) and it actually serves to make my overall point.

Can you imagine being a teenager who starts taking science courses, sees the evidence for himself, goes back to his church and is told by Christians....

How can you not leave Creationism if you do not believe in Creator and His Word?

You either believe that Bible is a Word of God or you call God a liar there is no gray area there!

Please stop hiding your dishonesty in biological Latin .

Where in hominid evolution does a virgin conceive?

If 95% if all evolutionary biologists are atheists, are they wrong? If they are wrong about something so important, how do you justify taking their word as gospel in other areas?

Scientists are people too. They have bills to pay. They will say what, whoever signs their paychecks wants them to say.

How do you live in the world where you are nothing more then an overgrown monkey? Terrifying! Do you want a banana?

I have been lied to and so were you.

So, you are saying that you do not want to read the Bible or do not believe that it is a Word of God?

You turn any little ones away from His Word with that damnable teaching of evolution or try to discredit His truth it'd be better for you to use one as a necklace and dive in the Atlantic.

You said the creation account in Genesis isn't Truth. A lie from the pits of hell.

Sounding like an atheist in disguise.

All that is entirely consistent with the testimonies I read before writing the OP. Kids go back to their churches and are aggressively confronted as if they've done something wrong and are presented with a choice....reject the science you learned or else you will not be welcome here.

Some kids are scared into staying....but as the years go on, more and more are leaving. This doesn't have to be.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
River Jordan said:
You directly accused me of lying. If you cannot show specifically where I've lied, then your accusation is without merit. Most people would be embarrassed to do such a thing.

I looked back through this thread (lot of time on my hands today....literally watching paint dry <_< ) and it actually serves to make my overall point.

Can you imagine being a teenager who starts taking science courses, sees the evidence for himself, goes back to his church and is told by Christians....

How can you not leave Creationism if you do not believe in Creator and His Word?

You either believe that Bible is a Word of God or you call God a liar there is no gray area there!

Please stop hiding your dishonesty in biological Latin .

Where in hominid evolution does a virgin conceive?

If 95% if all evolutionary biologists are atheists, are they wrong? If they are wrong about something so important, how do you justify taking their word as gospel in other areas?

Scientists are people too. They have bills to pay. They will say what, whoever signs their paychecks wants them to say.

How do you live in the world where you are nothing more then an overgrown monkey? Terrifying! Do you want a banana?

I have been lied to and so were you.

So, you are saying that you do not want to read the Bible or do not believe that it is a Word of God?

You turn any little ones away from His Word with that damnable teaching of evolution or try to discredit His truth it'd be better for you to use one as a necklace and dive in the Atlantic.

You said the creation account in Genesis isn't Truth. A lie from the pits of hell.

Sounding like an atheist in disguise.

All that is entirely consistent with the testimonies I read before writing the OP. Kids go back to their churches and are aggressively confronted as if they've done something wrong and are presented with a choice....reject the science you learned or else you will not be welcome here.

Some kids are scared into staying....but as the years go on, more and more are leaving. This doesn't have to be.
You believe God created the world the way He said He did? Anything otherwise is a lie.

I don't give a rip about who leaves the faith.(I mean not like that) You're "Oh we have to change the Bible cuz they're gonna leave the Lord". First of all that ain't the real issue. Y'all just tryin' to discredit Truth. And second if they leave they were never of us. Why is it so hard for you to see that?

There's the children of God and the children of satan. They leave and they shown their true colors. And that's Bible. But you look at things from more of a scientific, man made standpoint right. The Bible secondary right?

Test the spirit. You know a tree by its fruit. Blessings

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Yep, that's the sentiment I see among fundamentalists...."Bah! Let 'em leave!!"

And then they look around and wonder why their churches have only old people and little kids, and why so many are closing.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
River Jordan said:
Yep, that's the sentiment I see among fundamentalists...."Bah! Let 'em leave!!"

And then they look around and wonder why their churches have only old people and little kids, and why so many are closing.
Yes ma'm!

Who's churches?? I bet you seen some ole dead churches..and like I said. If they're elected they're not going anywhere. :)

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan, Aspen... all the people who consider themselves "Christians" and believe in evolutions are nothing more then self proclaimed super deities. Because they are "Supergods" they know where limits of God are. They know that He could not possibly create the world in six days. He cannot possibly be that powerful. After all they are the "Supergods" and they know it!
They are also declare themselves to be smarter then God. Because when God said SIX DAYS with His word they say "we know that He did not actually mean it, we know better then God what He meant to say".

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
if one leaves Christianity that's that person's own fault .. God blames that on the person only..

the sin of believing in evolution can be compared with some of the sin's the bible reports Israel held onto also ..

just like evolution the other sins people hold unto are also a danger to faith..

because they can ship wreck ones faith.. yet God is greater than our sin's ..of evolution or any other sin we hold to..

if you think God saves sinless people . than no one would be saved..