Lets just chat !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always been a people watcher too. lol
In fact, I was often told the story how that when I was maybe 2 years old, I was so engrossed watching another family that I didn't know my mom and aunts walked away and were watching me from around the corner to see how long before I'd realize they weren't there. They said I took a woman's hand without looking up at her face to see it wasn't my mom. (I would've been too cautious to do something like that with my kids!!)

Lol.
I left my young daughter in the toy isle once to teach her to listen as well as hear.
I walked around to the other side of the aisle & watched her also. After 3 or 4 times of saying we had to go and her ignoring me, I just stepped aside. It sounded like murder when she realized she couldn't see me. Screaming & crying! Next time I said we go,she listened.

You're a kindred spirit about ppl. I don't watch them to judge nor criticize but bc I'm curious.....lol. Noisy the old women would say.......lol

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good. I lost my son at 8 months old. 29 years later my 29 yo daughter goes through phases where she doesn’t talk to me for no apparent reason.

I'm sorry.
The death of a child is a very hard thing to go through in life.

Reactions: Rita and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.
I left my young daughter in the toy isle once to teach her to listen as well as hear.
I walked around to the other side of the aisle & watched her also. After 3 or 4 times of saying we had to go and her ignoring me, I just stepped aside. It sounded like murder when she realized she couldn't see me. Screaming & crying! Next time I said we go,she listened.

You're a kindred spirit about ppl. I don't watch them to judge nor criticize but bc I'm curious.....lol. Noisy the old women would say.......lol
I'm glad it worked! lol
My two oldest daughters (around ages 2 and 3) decided to hide in the clothing rack at a department store ....Sears, I think it was. I freaked out! My husband and I looked and called their names ....a clerk found them in the clothing rack giggling. I could have fainted ....definitely had a talk with them after that! lol

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can't wait until November. I don't like October bc it attaches itself to Halloween which I feel is scary and sad while November is x-mas season and Christmas attaches itself to love and Christ. :) but October also has the Fall leaves which I love so that is just pretty and beautiful. Does November have Fall leaves?View attachment 26711
Only one day is Halloween and not scary at all if one is a Christian and keeps well clear of it.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only one day is Halloween and not scary at all if one is a Christian and keeps well clear of it.
Only 1 day is Halloween but people are celebrating it for the whole of October, putting scary decorations (the mild ones are ok), but that's right, it's less scary if we keep well clear of it, ignoring it and what amigo de christo said too, no need to fear Halloween but the spirit is just there, but anyway, we must not fear 1 day and people just like to celebrate it in October.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only 1 day is Halloween but people are celebrating it for the whole of October, putting scary decorations (the mild ones are ok), but that's right, it's less scary if we keep well clear of it, ignoring it and what amigo de christo said too, no need to fear Halloween but the spirit is just there, but anyway, we must not fear 1 day and people just like to celebrate it in October.
If it scares you, then you really need to pray for protection. I have never known a Christian who was scared by it. Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm of this mind and first off NO IM NOT J.W.
Halloween is the only holiday that stays close to its roots. The dead, certain pagans used to give treats & food & pray @ the graves of the dead. They dressed in costumes to ward off evil,and used more light.

Now Christmas, not, it is TOTALLY pagan, tree decor,& bowing down for gifts. Not even the time of Christ's birth.,
X ing out Christ from Christmas.

Lol, sorry.
I don't do any holidays ( although I love the scary movies @ Halloween) except Thanksgiving, New Years, 4th of July & birthdays.

If I were Jewish.....their holidays commerate events in their lives following God !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Top of the list, along with the death of a spouse.

Honestly, I lost the will to live when he died. My solemn prayer many nights is to go home to be with him again.

I am sorry for your loss. You be strong and trust in God.
I do understand the feeling very well. We must hold one another up in prayer.

I'm sorry but I thought you were male by your profile.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@farouk I watched 'Strictly Come Dancing' just now. I managed to watch a two hour show in about 40 minutes by just watching the actual dancing and the scores and using my fast forward button to cut out all the chat and cheering.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There's this lady at work who is difficult to understand because she reverts back to her mother tongue. So I decided to learn Danish next because then she would not feel so alone when no-one understands her. I have just finished learning mandarin but need to keep it up otherwise I will lose it. :Broadly:

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano