Let's talk about Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As already pointed out Romans 10:9-10 tells us how we can be saved. And Paul said the same thing in Acts 16:30,31. But Peter also added the necessity of repentance for the remission of sins (Acts 3:19).

However salvation has three tenses and we should not forget those: (1) justification (past), (2) sanctification (present), and (3) glorification (future). When it comes to sanctification, the first step is Christian baptism. After that we see what else should be operational in the one who is being sanctified in Acts 2:42-47:
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread [the Lord's Supper], and in prayers.
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all
men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Paul did break down the seven facets or elements of salvation, which explains how it happens and why it happens.

Substitution
Redemption
Propitiation
Justification
Forgiveness
Adoption
Sanctification

Was the name of Yeshua's ministry, The Way....was it descriptive in the way to go to heaven? A good discussion. Christ taught that belief in Him lead to life. In chapter 6 of the Gospel of John, Christ explained in detail that the Bread and Wine ritual was crucial. That if you did not perform this that there was no life in you, that you did not abide in Him or Him in you. And alluded to the fact that He might not raise you on the last day? Then the ritual was performed almost word for word at the Last Supper.

Christ taught repentance, which was a continuance of John the Baptist's ministry...reiterating the words....Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 5:17 And John the Baptist was baptizing for the remission of sins. Mark 1:4, Luke 3:3 And He sent His twelve out to tell people to repent. Mark 6:12 So repentance is a reoccurring theme in the Gospels.

This moves on to Matthew 28:19 He commands... Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,...So in the Gospels The Way to salvation, The Way to heaven, is described. Faith, repentance, Baptism, and the Bread and Wine ritual.

Then Peter states in Acts 2:38 Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

For me, the simple explaination of The Way to salvation in the Bible is one of the miracles of the Bible considering the number fingers have been in the pie...so to speak.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see this is where I lose patience. You mess with people's understanding of what they should do to be saved and go to heaven.
I think someone in dark places that would be very pleased with you.
You know that what you say is a deception....and where all that comes from.
The reason I know that, is because if you were honest and or knew what you were talking about you would say..."I said those are not requirements for salvation and here are the scriptures that say word for word that they are not required for salvation."
I already showed what was required for salvation. It's called Romans 10:9.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already showed what was required for salvation. It's called Romans 10:9.

Is it wrong for me to assume you know that there are other scriptures concerning salvation in the Bible?
Or that there is a scripture that says only Romans 10:9 is valid?

Reactions: Brakelite

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: talk about salvation?

Why? Is it that important? Seems everybody has THEIR OWN salvation figured out, although Many Disagree with Each Other...

baptism?
Is it yesterday's water? Or, Is it Today's Spiritual Baptism? Many are
so Confused???

one claims
it is not "a bible study" and then proceeds to quote DOZENS of
BIBLE VERSES! Huh???

Now, IF we want to talk about HOW TO "SOLVE" all of this Confusion, then, maybe, eh?

cos you only accept the Bible alone, so I must confirm myself to you’re authority
It would not make sense to quote the fathers and doctors when you don’t accept them

no such thing as spiritual baptism

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False doctrine of works based salvation from the heretical church of Rome.

so you are a “faith aloner”?

explain rom 23:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

and these

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Rev 2: 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain rom 23:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

and these

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

First, there is no Romans 23:11. Second, suffering yes, but that has nothing to do with salvation.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it wrong for me to assume you know that there are other scriptures concerning salvation in the Bible?
Or that there is a scripture that says only Romans 10:9 is valid?
There is not a single verse that requires more than what Romans 10:9 does. At least not one that you do not take out of context and twist.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not a single verse that requires more than what Romans 10:9 does. At least not one that you do not take out of context and twist.

I do not quote things out of context.
Lets start with Christ telling His Apostles to---Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit---- Matthew 28:19 --- Why to you think Yeshua said that? Single verse number 1.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not quote things out of context.
Lets start with Christ telling His Apostles to---Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit---- Matthew 28:19 --- Why to you think Yeshua said that? Single verse number 1.
And what part of that said baptism is required for salvation? Nothing.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what part of that said baptism is required for salvation? Nothing.
So then what God said about baptism is not relevant to Christianity?
So you think that Christ did not believe that baptism was important?
And what do think happens if you choose not to be baptized?
What is the purpose of baptism?
And of course Acts 2:38 is the instruction on salvation. Do you think it was just a funny?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then what God said about baptism is not relevant to Christianity?
So you think that Christ did not believe that baptism was important?
And what do think happens if you choose not to be baptized?
What is the purpose of baptism?
Don't put words in my mouth. Of course baptism is important. It is the sign of your salvation. But it is not a requirement of your salvation. Do you honestly believe if someone dies on the way to being baptized they would not be saved?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't put words in my mouth. Of course baptism is important. It is the sign of your salvation
Find the sculpture that says baptism is a sign.

But it is not a requirement of your salvation.
Find a scripture that says baptism is not required for salvation.

Do you honestly believe if someone dies on the way to being baptized they would not be saved?
Find the scripture that addresses this scenario. What if space aliens come and kidnaps you before you are baptized and say they can drop you off at heaven on their way out? See I can do that too. All we have are example of the urgency to get baptized as soon as possible and nothing to suggest baptism should be put off until next year. No scripture that says that baptism is optional.

Acts 2:38 Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.....for the forgiveness of your sins....do you believe that you can be saved without getting your sins forgiven?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't put words in my mouth. Of course baptism is important. It is the sign of your salvation. But it is not a requirement of your salvation. Do you honestly believe if someone dies on the way to being baptized they would not be saved?

And I am not putting words in your mouth I am asking you to explain your responses.....Notice the ???? question marks mean things...

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the sign of your salvation.

Is it a sign or does it save you?

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,.....that now saves you also....what do you think that means?

Reactions: GaryAnderson