Let's talk about Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic is the abomnination here. Heretical false church that is so arrogant that they think they alone hold the keys to Heaven.

LOL They do have their issues! But they pale in comparison to religions that think they are robots....heaven is full of evil and Christ was just a man.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the fact that the Bible does not list baptism as a requirement pretty much proves you wrong. The verses that you post do not say what you say they do in your brainwashed Catholic perversion of Scripture.
When salvation is the topic and what is required....baptism is the topic. They say exactly what I said....nearly word for word.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not a single verse that requires more than what Romans 10:9 does. At least not one that you do not take out of context and twist.

I believe that Romans 10:9 may be a little over complicated......Romans 10:13 breaks it down a little—— “ Anybody that asks to be Saved will be saved”......... it worked for me.....

Reactions: reformed1689

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be good and do good!

Straight from Hell if this is your recipe for obtaining Eternal Life......If one could ever be “ good enough” to merit Heaven, Jesus died for no reason.....

“ There is not one that is Good— no,not one!”

“Good” won’t cut it for Salvation.....
One must be Perfect to get to Heaven......get that “ perfection” Imputed to you by Believing Paul’s Gospel Of Grace, Found In 1 Cor15:1-4.......God Bless....

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK

I guess I won't argue that point with you. We have done it before.

If you remember our previous discussions you may recall where I am on this. You would not hear me then and I don't expect you have changed.

On the other hand, I guess you might also say that I won't hear you. While I believe that I have changed, it is not on anything related to this.

Remember always that God gives any increase that matters.
We need to be listening to Him!
[/ quote] He will not tell us anything different than what is in his word and his word says baptism is not a requirement for salvation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, the problem is they're taken out of context.
Do you have issues with reading comprehension.
Told ya! I knew I would back you into a corner were you would have to deny the Bible.
And we are just on the topic of baptism! You are going to have a rough row to till.
Just sit in your corner and whipper to yourself....The Bible don't mean that! The Bible don't mean that! I's not in Kansas any more!

Reactions: GaryAnderson

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have issues with reading comprehension.
Told ya! I knew I would back you into a corner were you would have to deny the Bible.
And we are just on the topic of baptism! You are going to have a rough row to till.
Just sit in your corner and whipper to yourself....The Bible don't mean that! The Bible don't mean that! I's not in Kansas any more!
I's not in Kansas any more! [/ quote] oh believe me I am very studied on the Bible and I'm not brainwashed by a heretical church like you are.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I ask you again, something you dodged, if someone believes and confesses Christ and is killed on their way to be baptised, are you saying they are not really saved?

They would be saved cos
Catholic is the abomnination here. Heretical false church that is so arrogant that they think they alone hold the keys to Heaven.
Only Peter and his successors hold the keys of the kingdom jurisdictional authority

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[/ quote] He will not tell us anything different than what is in his word and his word says baptism is not a requirement for salvation.
Nothing different certainly different than that written by a man inspired by the Holy Spirit but without the leading of the Holy Spirit who has always the correct interpretation for as you know lots of people have different interpretations for some of the very same scriptures.

Is someone wrong or is there more than one correct meaning?

Do different situations for different persons make for different meanings?

Who but God can always everyone of these questions correctly every time? What man or what church group or sect?

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" Matt 3:11

Do you suppose Jesus lit wooden torch and then used it to completely burn each person who came to him?
ha prolly not, right

“the love of God” maybe works on some level, but seems way to amorphous to assign any praxtical meaning to, for me

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean it does not matter which part of the Body of Christ a person is and his function is in the Body, nor does it matter whether the person is a new born Christian still on milk or an old eater of meat? Hmmm?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha prolly not, right

“the love of God” maybe works on some level, but seems way to amorphous to assign any praxtical meaning to, for me
Some people will choose death more abundantly rather than Life and then the fire of God will leave absolutely nothing at all. Those who rather have chosen Life and held onto to the end of their course, would have something that endures.

Gold, silver or brass might make it through the fire better than they started out. But... in the case of hay, wood or stubble what would remain after going through the same "consuming fire" of God?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone is wrong. All Scripture has only one proper interpretation but an unlimited number of potential applications.
If you are correct then who is it that has it right when interpretations differ? How is the new convert or potential new convert to know which one...?

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov. 21:1