Let's talk about Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean it does not matter which part of the Body of Christ a person is and his function is in the Body, nor does it matter whether the person is a new born Christian still on milk or an old eater of meat? Hmmm?
That is what I mean yes. Every passage has the same interpretation to every person. There is only one correct interpretation of any given passage absolutely.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what I mean yes. Every passage has the same interpretation to every person. There is only one correct interpretation of any given passage absolutely.
Ah but then what man is it that has the one correct interpretation for any given passage? Paul speaks of seeing through darkened glass. Who has moved to the face to face vision that David was told to seek? Not every Bible reader and student certainly!

Reactions: bbyrd009

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah but then what man is it that has the one correct interpretation for any given passage? Paul speaks of seeing through darkened glass. Who has moved to the face to face vision that David was told to seek? Not every Bible reader and student certainly!
Of course not, but there are sound principles of interpretation that you can reasonably come to the right understanding and interpretation of any passage. And, if you come up with something that contradicts other passages, you are wrong, if you come up with something nobody has heard of in the last 2,000 years, chances are you are wrong etc.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
“sound principles of interpretation” according to whom?
The wise in their own eyes, surely?
What do you mean?
well, just that you will inevitably arrive at an interpretation that suits you, but might not be the “correct” one… a la Jews literally keeping milk and meat on separate shelves in the fridge, stuff like that.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“sound principles of interpretation” according to whom?
The wise in their own eyes, surely?

well, just that you will inevitably arrive at an interpretation that suits you, but might not be the “correct” one… a la Jews literally keeping milk and meat on separate shelves in the fridge, stuff like that.
Nope that is a false accusation you make.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not, but there are sound principles of interpretation that you can reasonably come to the right understanding and interpretation of any passage.
But who determined what those sound principles were, but men? Which men are they? The ones you declare as correct or the other guy& his or me & mine?
And, if you come up with something that contradicts other passages, you are wrong, if you come up with something nobody has heard of in the last 2,000 years, chances are you are wrong etc.
What did Jesus come up against? How long had the priests and Pharisees and scribes had to get it right in accord with what God gave Moses and the many prophets of the OT?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who determined what those sound principles were, but men? Which men are they? The ones you declare as correct or the other guy& his or me & mine?

What did Jesus come up against? How long had the priests and Pharisees and scribes had to get it right in accord with what God gave Moses and the many prophets of the OT?
:rolleyes:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OIP.sY7h8NfFVZrs76uM_yx9owHaIF
:rolleyes:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The inevitability of entrenched views in a culture when they span generations is testimony to man's laziness in thinking and fertile ground for clever operators.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to venture a guess that you do not believe there is such a thing as absolute truth?
I do believe that there is Absolute Truth [AT]. The only One who definitely knows all of the AT and has all of the AT would be God Himself. Every man, I believe, who has not already overcome all the world as Jesus did, has at best a mixture, which may include some AT... even though they often do not know what is and what is not.

How many people presume they have the AT and acts as if they do. They say by word and/or by action that they already have AT.

What happened to living by faith?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that there is Absolute Truth [AT]. The only One who definitely knows all of the AT and has all of the AT would be God Himself. Every man, I believe, who has not already overcome all the world as Jesus did, has at best a mixture, which may include some AT... even though they often do not know what is and what is not.

How many people presume they have the AT and acts as if they do. They say by word and/or by action that they already have AT.

What happened to living by faith?
This is utterly ridiculous.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is utterly ridiculous.
All black and white to you? All fits in perfectly according to human logic? You already possess all of those ATs?

But then...

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

And even beyond then...

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

I do not believe that you, my friend, @reformed1689 have attained to the "face to face", no not yet...!

Reactions: GaryAnderson