Lifesaver

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it's hard to put one's thoughts into words, and that can be too bad when you discover something valuable. I tried to do this yesterday, but I'd like to give it another shot.

I sinned. I woke up the next morning. I was totally at the mercy of God or Satan. Thankfully God took charge. But it was an eerie feeling being totally helpless.

The decision had to be made: Am I going to continue to wake up in the morning and be at someone's mercy, or am I going to repent of my sin?

Righteousness is like having a lifesaver in the sea. You wake up and you're not afraid, because you know God is with you.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey Bob Estey, I feel for you! Yes Satan is a deceiver, very tricky. You can see that in the Bible like in Genesis and in the NT. it's hard, but that's why God told us to put on the armor of God to fight the darting missiles of the evil one! Or something like that, I'm trying to recall by heart that Scripture!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sometimes it's hard to put one's thoughts into words, and that can be too bad when you discover something valuable. I tried to do this yesterday, but I'd like to give it another shot.

I sinned. I woke up the next morning. I was totally at the mercy of God or Satan. Thankfully God took charge. But it was an eerie feeling being totally helpless.

The decision had to be made: Am I going to continue to wake up in the morning and be at someone's mercy, or am I going to repent of my sin?

Righteousness is like having a lifesaver in the sea. You wake up and you're not afraid, because you know God is with you.
I don't know what's going on there but you can be sure that if you've tripped up, it'll be the devil's accusing voice you'll hear.....and this voice is mistaken for that of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what's going on there but you can be sure that if you've tripped up, it'll be the devil's accusing voice you'll here.....and this voice is mistaken for that of the Holy Spirit.
And when we sin, we give the devil ammunition to use against us.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And when we sin, we give the devil ammunition to use against us.
I think though that both the Holy Spirit and the devil speaks to us when we sin or don't listen to God: the Holy Spirit being a feeling of conviction and burden and a feeling of bondage, that we're not feeling free and the devil tells us we're sinners, we're dirty.

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually to me I think it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me, the things that were said to me when I didn't listen to God was: this is what you've done, don't do it, you're a sinner, you're dirty, repent, if you confess your sins I AM faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteous however you still have a penalty for your sins, I give you headache and anxiety, that's your bondage and penalty, don't do it, repent.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The devil at most was only able to say that I was unclean, dirty and to look at me suffer and say that I was probably going to go to hell but wasn't able to fool me that I was not going to be forgiven if I repent

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
one of the best times Satan can tempt you is when you're alone. He will say, you want it (which when you look in God's eyes it's just a counterfeit, it's actually not what God wants and therefore not what's best for you, for you to wait) and then AFTER you've done it, then... I've explained above already.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Pearl you're a Christian so you've got your own angelic hunk to look after you, it's only nonchristians who have to go it alone..:)

View attachment 27635
hmmmm, I'm not certain about that.
The Father of the prodigal son always had an eye out for him.....he never withdrew his compassion or care.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
let me review the Prodigal son story in my head. God was always looking out for this son who fell away and he had a big party when he had come back to being a Christian again but he doesn't get the same promises as Christians do and he's in danger of going to hell if he does not turn back.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
let me review the Prodigal son story in my head. God was always looking out for this son who fell away and he had a big party when he had come back to being a Christian again but he doesn't get the same promises as Christians do and he's in danger of going to hell if he does not turn back.
You might like to consider that when Jesus engineered/constructed his story of the prodigal son he was telling us about the heart of the Father.....and this was some time before Christians arrived on the scene.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually to me I think it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me, the things that were said to me when I didn't listen to God was: this is what you've done, don't do it, you're a sinner, you're dirty, repent, if you confess your sins I AM faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteous however you still have a penalty for your sins, I give you headache and anxiety, that's your bondage and penalty, don't do it, repent.
Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). If we do that, we are always in communication with the Lord and have his guidance. And I believe he forgives us after we repent of our sin.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You might like to consider that when Jesus engineered/constructed his story of the prodigal son he was telling us about the heart of the Father.....and this was some time before Christians arrived on the scene.
I don't understand what you're saying. I think this is a parable of the prodigal son in the Word and so it's for Christians. The heart of the Father was always looking out for him and they celebrated a big party when he returns but he still doesn't get the promises of God, right? And he's looking out for him to repent and return since he's in danger of going to hell. He wants the son/his sheep to go to heaven, I thought.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't understand what you're saying. I think this is a parable of the prodigal son in the Word and so it's for Christians. The heart of the Father was always looking out for him and they celebrated a big party when he returns but he still doesn't get the promises of God, right? And he's looking out for him to repent and return since he's in danger of going to hell. He wants the son/his sheep to go to heaven, I thought.
Read the story again tl_p. I think you'll find the Father is just happy to have his son back, that's why he throws a party.
The story is figurative of all lost people which means us all. God is not angry. He wants us back.
Who is the one that is angry? ....Isn't it the son who stayed home? Who is this figurative of if it isn't those people who consider themselves worthy of more than the lost?......could it be the 'religious' ie, those who mouth the word yet care nothing for their brothers?......however, the Father invites him/them also.

• Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read the story again tl_p. I think you'll find the Father is just happy to have his son back, that's why he throws a party.
The story is figurative of all lost people which means us all. God is not angry. He wants us back.
Who is the one that is angry? ....Isn't it the son who stayed home? Who is this figurative of if it isn't those people who consider themselves worthy of more than the lost?......could it be the 'religious' ie, those who mouth the word yet care nothing for their brothers?......however, the Father invites him/them also.
I read it again :) What I got was that God is definitely extremely happy when we repent and come back and he's compassionate but I'm not sure we should say that God doesn't get angry if we fall away bc in other passages if you read it but I don't want to talk about it, it scares me, like you'll be in worse condition, it's probably not anger though, it's probably that He has to cause that to happen so that we'll repent and that He's hurt.

Last edited: