Listening to some favorites

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anybody else totally relate to all of this? One of my favorite Keith Green songs:

"Make my life a prayer to You
I wanna do what you want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise
I wanna shine the light You gave
Through Your Son You sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know You're really there
Well I wanna thank you know
For being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have to trust
And just believe what You say
Oh you're coming again
Coming to take me away
I wanna die and let You give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope You gave me
The love that set me free
I wanna tell the world out there
You're not some fable or fairy tale
That I've made up inside my head
You're God the Son and You've risen from the dead
Well I wanna thank you know
For being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have to trust
And just believe what You say
Oh you're coming again
Coming to take me away
I wanna die and let You give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope You gave me
The love that set me free."

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keith Green was a different kinda guy, wasn't he, @Nancy? He wrote some great songs. He started speaking out about some things and his death had some mystery around it.

My husband has always liked his songs and used to sit at the piano singing Keith Green songs, and also singing prayer and worship from his heart at the piano. Long years ago....

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keith Green was a different kinda guy, wasn't he, @Nancy? He wrote some great songs. He started speaking out about some things and his death had some mystery around it.

My husband has always liked his songs and used to sit at the piano singing Keith Green songs, and also singing prayer and worship from his heart at the piano. Long years ago....
He sure was T. He was such an inspiration to me. His music was so inspired of God and he ALWAYS pointed to Jesus, always.
Have you seen his testimony" (as told by his close friends and relatives...his wife Melody describes what she saw that day. The plane was said to be overloaded and, I think that is correct) there were 11 people aboard that puddle jumper.
It's recorded after his death...it is long, but so inspiring ( to me, anyhow) I've watched it several times over the years.
I will send it to you if you wish but again, it's long...
xo

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He sure was T. He was such an inspiration to me. His music was so inspired of God and he ALWAYS pointed to Jesus, always.
Have you seen his testimony" (as told by his close friends and relatives...his wife Melody describes what she saw that day. The plane was said to be overloaded and, I think that is correct) there were 11 people aboard that puddle jumper.
It's recorded after his death...it is long, but so inspiring ( to me, anyhow) I've watched it several times over the years.
I will send it to you if you wish but again, it's long...
xo
I've seen some different things about his life and testimony. But maybe not that one. Go ahead and send it. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen some different things about his life and testimony. But maybe not that one. Go ahead and send it. :)

Here it is!

Looks like it says "Video unavailable"!

If you see this, just open YouTube and put in "The Keith Green Story" and choose the one hour one...

Reactions: TLHKAJ