Living what we preach. Faith alone vs faith with works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith (rightly understood) IN CHRIST ALONE saves (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) which is not to be confused with an empty profession of faith/dead faith that merely claims to be genuine, but demonstrates by the lack of works that it's dead. (James 2:14-24)
BINGO my friend . POINT TO JESUS TILL THE LAST BREATH .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is saved through faith and not by works (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is (evidenced) by works. (James 2:14-24)

*Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works.*

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24-28; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine. (James 2:14-24) *Perfect Harmony*

Man is saved through faith in Christ alone (apart from the merit of works) yet authentic faith does not remain alone (apart from the presence of works). This is not hard to understand. It's just hard for people who embrace salvation by faith + works to ACCEPT.
BINGO . POINT TO JESUS TILL THE LAST BREATH .
For we have many now within even christendom that assume and believe in a love that will not save .
Its mindset teaches that basically it dont matter if one believed IN JESUS or not
if they had love they were saved . WELL its a lie . AND IF any love that omits the fact ONE MUST BELIEVE
IS NOT LOVE and it sure as heck aint coming FROM GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims (key word) he has faith but has no works (to evidence his claim). That is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So, when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith. So, James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine. Simple!

In regard to "faith without works is dead," James does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works and then it becomes a living faith, and the works are the source of life in faith. That would be like saying that a tree is dead until it produces fruit and then it becomes a living tree, and the fruit is the source of life in the tree. Something that is dead cannot produce anything. It takes a living faith to produce works (Ephesians 2:5-10) just as it takes a living tree to produce fruit.

So, James is simply saying faith that is not accompanied by evidential works (bare profession of faith) demonstrates that it's dead. If someone merely says-claims they have faith, but lack resulting evidential works, then they demonstrate that they have an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith. (James 2:14)

James is not using the word "justified" in James 2:24 to mean "accounted as righteous" but is shown to be righteous. James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3)

In the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, the Greek word for justified "dikaioo" #1344 is:

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

In Matthew 12:37, we read - "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." This is because our words (and our works) reveal the condition of our hearts. Words/works are evidence for, or against being in a state of righteousness.

God is said to have been justified by those who were baptized by John the Baptist (Luke 7:29). This act pronounced or declared God to be righteous. It did not make him righteous. The basis or ground for the pronouncement was the fact that God IS righteous. Notice that the NIV reads, "acknowledged that God's way was right.." The ESV reads, "they declared God just.." That is the "sense" in which God was "justified." He was shown to be righteous.

Matthew 11:19 "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax-gatherers and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified/vindicated/shown to be right by her deeds.

In regard to James 2:26, the comparison of the human spirit and faith here converges around their modes of operation. The spirit (Greek pneuma) may also be translated "breath." As a breathless body exhibits no indication of life, so fruitless faith exhibits no indication of life. The source of the life in faith is not works; rather, life in faith is the source of works. (Ephesians 2:5-10)
Exactly , james is not contradicting paul one bit . He is simply explaining what TRUE faith ENTAILS .
And paul did not contradict james , paul too knew that if one had dead faith it was dead faith .
Example . HE who provides not , specially for his own household , HAS DENIED the FAITH and is worse than an infidel .
Not one of the apostels contradicted each other . FOLKS just dont know how to rightly divide squat these days .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims (key word) he has faith but has no works (to evidence his claim). That is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So, when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith. So, James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine.

In James 2:19, we see that the demons believe "mental assent" that "there is one God" but they do not believe/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. In other words, they do not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31) and are not saved. Their trust and reliance is in Satan, as demonstrated by their rebellion in heaven and continuous evil works.

In James 2:20, "faith without works is dead" does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works and then it becomes a living faith, which is like saying that a tree is dead until it produces fruit and then it becomes a living tree. James is simply saying faith that is not accompanied by evidential works demonstrates that it's dead. If someone merely says-claims they have faith but lack resulting evidential works, then they demonstrate that they have an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not genuine faith.

In James 2:24, James is not using the word "justified" here to mean "accounted as righteous" but is shown to be righteous. James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18 and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3)

In the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, the Greek word for justified "dikaioo" #1344 is:

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

In Matthew 12:37, we read - "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." This is because our words (and our works) reveal the condition of our hearts. Words/works will be evidences for, or against a man's being in a state of righteousness.

God is said to have been justified by those who were baptized by John the Baptist (Luke 7:29). This act pronounced or declared God to be righteous. It did not make him righteous. The basis or ground for the pronouncement was the fact that God IS righteous. Notice that the NIV reads, "acknowledged that God's way was right.." The ESV reads, “they declared God just..” This is the "sense" in which God was “justified.” He was shown to be righteous".

Matthew 11:19 "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax-gatherers and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified/vindicated/shown to be right by her deeds."

In James 2:26, the comparison of the human spirit and faith converges around their modes of operation. The spirit (Greek pneuma) may also be translated "breath." As a breathless body exhibits no indication of life, so fruitless faith exhibits no indication of life. The source of the life in faith is not works; rather, life in faith is the source of works. (Ephesians 2:5-10)
most folks dont grasp that we are simply saved BY GRACE , THAT IS IS THE GIFT OF GOD . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS .
and lip service is but lip service if the heart follows wickedness . THERE HAS BEEN NO CONVERSION
cause there was no TRUE BELIEF . They are fooling themselves , At most they had a bit of head knowledge
but DID NOT know HIM and chose rather to follow a jesus of their own invention that accepted their sins .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do know this and do hear HIm. Why are you implying I don't?

If you do hear Him on the days called "Today", you will make it about hearing Him, because He is just that awesome!!

Will you read your Bible if you hear from Him? Yeah - the first words I heard from Him were "Read Your Bible" - but if listening to Him you will also know that it is not about the Scriptures but about knowing Him!!

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

If you hear from Him will He take you to church. Yeah, but it is not about the flock but about Him!

Jn 10:4 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Are there no such things as a "Long Ranger" like you wrote"
The church has Him! And you need the church far more than you know! God does not use lone ranger Christians who have deluded themselves into thinking they have been given special insight and have risen above the need for the body of christ and His goft ministries of pastor/teachers.
Why do you not know that Jesus Christ Himself was the classic example of the "Lone Ranger" coming to save people???

He went to the cross by Himself and all have fallen away from Him, so He was the "Lone Ranger" who really saved us.

And in the Bible, we see many others, those 'types of Christ' heroes we read about in the Bible, like Noah, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, and more who appear as "Lone Rangers". So, you should understand that the churches use that phrase to draw people to themselves instead of listening to Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. Which explain why all seven churches in Revelation "‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

Now none of us are a "Lone Ranger" if we know Jesus Christ, at any time. And He certainly also knows how to put people together to get the job done that He needs. But to say that God doesn't have "Lone Rangers" is not from the Lord, but from our thinking! Even when He has one person doing something in one location, it all still works together for His overall plan. So we all need to hear from Him for our own instructions, and if anyone is hearing from Him they would know this!!!!!

So reading some of the things that get written by "Christians" is so often just silly thinking and shows how little we actually listen to Him.

Another example from the bit written above - is "The church has Him"! part. It made me want to laugh. Did we not read that God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son. ???

The real church are indeed those sheep who hear His voice, but God gave His Son Jesus Christ to the World!! So who ever believes in Him can have Him!!!! Which is why we read:

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

He is for "ANYONE" as in Him being given to everyone who is anyone, if only they believe. So if someone who claims to be a Christian does not open up to hearing His voice, they don't get what He has for them!! But if a lost tribe in some far off place opens up to hearing Him they will get Him.

If you want to talk about a "Lone Ranger" look up the story of Bruce Olsen and his book "Bruchko" He listened to our Lord Jesus Christ and wound up deep in the jungles of South America by himself, and ministering to a vicious Indian tribe called the Motilones. Basically the whole tribe came to the Lord, but there is a bit more to the story, and you might want to read that book to understand how it is about listening to the Lord!!!

God gave His Son to the whole World, and if anyone at there local Christian church does not want to listen to Him, but rather act like the Pharisees and Jews when Jesus was on earth - well they won't get Jesus Christ but instead will put to death, spiritually speaking, the Living Word of God. And it was obvious from the beginning of the book Bruchko, that Bruce Olsen was hearing from the Lord, and also obvious by what others write that they don't hear from Him. So it is that we preach Jesus Christ, and that we need to listen to Him.

I am not saying that ministers, pastors, and preachers don't listen to Him, but on the other hand, just because the person has the title it doesn't mean they do listen to Him either. As for each of us, we need to listen to Him for ourselves. It will almost certainly mean reading your Bible. It will almost certainly mean going to a Christian church. But that doesn't mean that the church has Him, nor that they ministers, teachers, and pastors there are hearing from Him! If you are hearing from Him, it becomes evident pretty quickly by what they say, and more evident by what He says!!

Rom 8:16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

We preach the Word of God, so we hear words, via the small voice of His. They are found in our heart and even out our mouths. So we don't just say Jesus Christ is our Lord, we truly confess it. We don't just give is lip service, but we can and do bring testimonies about Him - about how He we heard Him and it resulted in us going things and Him confirming what He told us with signs.

So someone writes:

So are you proclaiming you are on the level of Gods Prophets and Apostles?
and so fail to realize that we who know Him are all sons and daughters of the Most High God! Did that person ever read:

Col 3:4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men?

If you are still thinking about a level of "God's Prophets and Apostles", and not that we are all "mere men" who either seek our Lord and what He says or not, so that we raise up men as opposed to our Lord Jesus Christ, we are not listening to Him like we should. I am not of Paul, Apollos, or even Bruce - I walk and talk with the Lord - yet even I know I don't do that enough. I sadly only usually hear from Him a dozen or so times a day.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem is no-one who comes to Christ having learned from God, desires to do anything but return to God.

If we return to God, as the Holy Spirit makes plain we do, then what we do is a mixture of inspiration and peace.

If you preach anything other than "inspiration and peace" to the mature believer, you are wasting their time!

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is no-one who comes to Christ having learned from God, desires to do anything but return to God.

If we return to God, as the Holy Spirit makes plain we do, then what we do is a mixture of inspiration and peace.

If you preach anything other than "inspiration and peace" to the mature believer, you are wasting their time!
You are absolutely correct in saying that once we have started learning from the Lord our God Jesus Christ, you have to keep returning to Him for more teaching, instruction, inspiration, and even peace - plus more

Never-the-less - we don't preach "inspiration and peace"!!!! We preach Jesus Christ!!

Yes He gives you inspiration and peace when you listen to Him - but are you going to find peace when dealing with those who don't listen to Him. Did we not even read about the cross??? Perhaps we read "peace, peace, but there will be no peace?" Of did we not read what the Prophets of old wrote? Things like:

Mal 2:1 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart. “Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

We did actually read the Bible - right?

Lk 4:29 and they got up and drove Him out of the city, and led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city had been built, in order to throw Him down the cliff.

Jer 37:15 Then the officials were angry at Jeremiah and beat him, and they put him in jail in the house of Jonathan the scribe, which they had made into the prison.

Acts 4:3 And they laid hands on them and put them in jail until the next day, for it was already evening.

Mat 21:12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.

There is peace when you walk and talk with the Lord, but that is not what you find when you actually do the work He asks you to do - because persecution is promised, and there is a battle!! The battle is not with the people, but is with the dark forces of this world, and they lie to the people. They say things like peace also, but they mean jail, and submitting to them and not our Lord Jesus Christ!

My mom was a Christian lady who knew the Lord, but she had a sister who was a high priestess in a New Age movement. She was also saying "God", the Holy Spirit, and peace, but as for Jesus Christ she felt He was dead. There are those who will avoid conflict, meditate, and pursue a peace which is not of God. For them what anyone does is ok so long as it does not bother their peace. Yet that was not Jesus Christ, and what He did. It is not what we read about in the Old Testament nor the New Testament.

To have peace with the Living Word of God (Jesus Christ) - you listen to Him and do the work He has you do, and the work of God is that all should some to know the Son, Jesus Christ - the living and active Word of God. This does not mean that we attack, get violent, break laws, and so forth, but it does mean that we correct, reprove, and that in regard to actually getting people to seek Jesus Christ and the words of God He has for them!!

So seek Him and follow Him, and you will have peace with Him and His Kingdom - the Kingdom of God- but there is still a rebellion going on, and a battle with the dark forces of this world! There is still work to be done and a promise of persecution! There are still people who need to actually know the Lord Jesus Christ and Him as actually their Lord whom they hear from - just like those people who wrote the Bible.

That does not mean a day of rest is not coming, but it is not hear yet!! The battle with the dark forces still rages. The work is still to be done.

Is 14: 3-7
And it will be in the day when the LORD gives you rest from your pain and turmoil and harsh service in which you have been enslaved,
that you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon, and say,
“How the oppressor has ceased,
And how fury has ceased!
“The LORD has broken the staff of the wicked,
The scepter of rulers
“The whole earth is at rest and is quiet;
They break forth into shouts of joy.

That day is not here yet. The whole earth is not at rest and not quiet. So we still preach Jesus Christ who is the King over the Kingdom of God and who Himself is the Good News that is given to the believer!

ECC 3:1-12
There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.
What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils?
I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.
He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.
I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one’s lifetime;

And with all that there "will be" a day - a time- coming when the whole world will be at rest. But that is not Today!! Today we hear His voice and do what He needs to be done Today!

Heb 3: 7-11
Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME,
AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,
WHERE YOUR FATHERS TRIED Me BY TESTING Me,
AND SAW MY WORKS FOR FORTY YEARS.
“THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THIS GENERATION,
AND SAID, ‘THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART,
AND THEY DID NOT KNOW MY WAYS’;
AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH,
‘THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST.’”

Becareful that we are not seeking peace as opposed to Him!

Our gospel/good news has peace to it, so we are preparing for it, but we are preparing for it by doing the work to Lord asks us to do. So we are preparing for that day of rest by harvesting those who we can! But don't think the preparing is no longer part of our gospel!!

Eph 16: 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;

We are putting on our feet "THE PREPARTION" of the gospel of peace - not that peace has fully arrived!!!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do hear Him on the days called "Today", you will make it about hearing Him, because He is just that awesome!!

Will you read your Bible if you hear from Him? Yeah - the first words I heard from Him were "Read Your Bible" - but if listening to Him you will also know that it is not about the Scriptures but about knowing Him!!

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

If you hear from Him will He take you to church. Yeah, but it is not about the flock but about Him!

Jn 10:4 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Are there no such things as a "Long Ranger" like you wrote"
No there are no "Lone Rangers". Sorry for the misspell. We are part of a body

"
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you."

And of course the Scriptures lead us to God the Father and the Lord Jesus. It also teaches how we should live now that we are righteous through His blood.
Why do you not know that Jesus Christ Himself was the classic example of the "Lone Ranger" coming to save people???

He went to the cross by Himself and all have fallen away from Him, so He was the "Lone Ranger" who really saved us.

And in the Bible, we see many others, those 'types of Christ' heroes we read about in the Bible, like Noah, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, and more who appear as "Lone Rangers". So, you should understand that the churches use that phrase to draw people to themselves instead of listening to Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. Which explain why all seven churches in Revelation "‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’
Jesus is god, we are not!

And all the others were OT prophets. We are a new testament church.
Another example from the bit written above - is "The church has Him"! part. It made me want to laugh. Did we not read that God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son. ???

The real church are indeed those sheep who hear His voice, but God gave His Son Jesus Christ to the World!! So who ever believes in Him can have Him!!!! Which is why we read:

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

He is for "ANYONE" as in Him being given to everyone who is anyone, if only they believe. So if someone who claims to be a Christian does not open up to hearing His voice, they don't get what He has for them!! But if a lost tribe in some far off place opens up to hearing Him they will get Him.
Yes anyone who opens the door to Jesus, becomes part of the church! Until then, they are not part of christ or the body of Christ-they stand lost. You should know this.
God gave His Son to the whole World, and if anyone at there local Christian church does not want to listen to Him, but rather act like the Pharisees and Jews when Jesus was on earth - well they won't get Jesus Christ but instead will put to death, spiritually speaking, the Living Word of God. And it was obvious from the beginning of the book Bruchko, that Bruce Olsen was hearing from the Lord, and also obvious by what others write that they don't hear from Him. So it is that we preach Jesus Christ, and that we need to listen to Him.
Yes in a congregation there will be the tares among the wheat, but that is up to the Lord to discern and not us. Have no idea who Bruce Olsen is or this book "bruchko".
I am not saying that ministers, pastors, and preachers don't listen to Him, but on the other hand, just because the person has the title it doesn't mean they do listen to Him either. As for each of us, we need to listen to Him for ourselves. It will almost certainly mean reading your Bible. It will almost certainly mean going to a Christian church. But that doesn't mean that the church has Him, nor that they ministers, teachers, and pastors there are hearing from Him! If you are hearing from Him, it becomes evident pretty quickly by what they say, and more evident by what He says!!
Well we can hyper parse phrases like you are want to do, but when I speak of pastors and teachers, I am speaking of believing ones. It is a given that not everyone with a title is saved. We are called to be Bereans when we listen to any fallible man.
We preach the Word of God, so we hear words, via the small voice of His. They are found in our heart and even out our mouths. So we don't just say Jesus Christ is our Lord, we truly confess it. We don't just give is lip service, but we can and do bring testimonies about Him - about how He we heard Him and it resulted in us going things and Him confirming what He told us with signs.
Been doing that for nigh on 49 years now!

But as to saving faith?

Romans 10:17

King James Version

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Any voice or inkling or inner whisper we get- if it does not align perfectly with teh written Word is to be rejected and fought against with all our being.
If you are still thinking about a level of "God's Prophets and Apostles", and not that we are all "mere men" who either seek our Lord and what He says or not, so that we raise up men as opposed to our Lord Jesus Christ, we are not listening to Him like we should. I am not of Paul, Apollos, or even Bruce - I walk and talk with the Lord - yet even I know I don't do that enough. I sadly only usually hear from Him a dozen or so times a day.
Nice dodge! YOu speak hyper spiritually and write implying so many others are beneath you. You are not the first who has written this way and you won't be the last.

YTOu sin by making all sort of subtle implications and accusations (though you are clever enough to not accuse directly.)

YOu have implied you walk above the rest of believers and write in very ephemeral wording so as not to be pinned down.

Thus endeth this chapter of my lesson to you.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice dodge! YOu speak hyper spiritually and write implying so many others are beneath you. You are not the first who has written this way and you won't be the last.

YTOu sin by making all sort of subtle implications and accusations (though you are clever enough to not accuse directly.)

YOu have implied you walk above the rest of believers and write in very ephemeral wording so as not to be pinned down.

It is of course amazing that when I point people to Jesus Christ and the fact that we need to listen to Him - they somehow think I am saying I am above them?????

I am not saying that at all - l am saying that Jesus Christ is above them so we all need to listen to Him!!

Of course, that is what I am saying - and over and over!! I even lead with that statement!!!

I hear Him on days called "Today", so I make it about hearing Him!! And I do that because He is just that awesome!!

Where in that statement is the implication that I am above "the rest of the believers"???

It is not there, so the problem is that some are not believers and so do not hear from Him on days called "Today"!!

But anyone can hear from Him, if they just are willing to believe a little!! That little ittsy bit of faith, that comes across as, He might be there to hear from, can move that mountain of unbelief that keeps people from hearing from Him. But if a person gets sunk into pride, especially religious pride, it is hard to humble yourself enough to actually seek Him for what He has to say to you!!

And if they don't believe He is available to be heard from then their conclusion is wrong!! And it is wrong in a disastrous way!!

It doesn't make a difference how often you go to church! It doesn't make a difference how much you read and study your Bible! It does make a difference how often you sit at the feet of seemingly wise religious people. It only makes a difference that you believe in Jesus Christ, and thus seek Him!!

Again, me saying that is not me putting myself above anyone!!!!!!

Instead, it is me pointing people to the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS - JESUS CHRIST!!

That should be obvious. It is obvious to me, but they miss it. And they miss it only because they don't actually believe in Him!!

I know that, because I didn't always believe in Him. Yet now I do. He came into my life and so I hear Him everyday called "Today"

Of course, since I hear Him everyday called "Today", I testify about Him!!

I can give others teachings that He gave me!

Things like:

A MITE IS AN ANIMAL THAT GETS UNDER THE SKIN TO GET AT THE BLOOD….. KARL, THERE IS MIGHT IN THE BLOOD, BUT I WANT A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP THAN THAT.

IF A THOUSAND OF MY MIGHTY MEN ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG, I STILL DON’T WANT YOU DOING IT!

EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A PREACHER PREACHES IS THEIR (GOD)!

[This concerns all those that hold up the Bible and say they are going to preach the word, meaning the Bible. They have made it their god]

The fact is that Jesus Christ is there to be heard from and the best part is that ANYONE can seek Him and find Him!! It just takes a little little little bit of faith to consider that He might actually indeed be there to be heard from!!

The thing is that after knowing Jesus Christ and walking and talking with Him - which or course is the answer to how a Christin lives there life - as in the title of the thread. The real Christian listens to the Lord everyday called Today, and thus gets instructions, teachings, encouragement, and so much more, and those of course leads to doing the things He askes us to do! So we live by faith (that He is there with us to be heard from) and that results in "good works (meaning the works that He tells us because God alone is good)

So He might say give us a teaching and we can bring it - like the sayings He gave me above - but one thing we don't go around saying is:

Because He who talks to us is the Teacher!!

None of those sayings I posted above are my sayings!!! He told them to me!!

So, at no point in my writings was I trying to be the Teacher, but at every place in my writings I was trying to point people (because this is a public forum) to Jesus Christ!!!

I am not teaching I am preaching (proclaiming Jesus Christ), and when I bring a teaching, it is not my teaching but is from what I heard from Him.

Oh maybe I don't remember them as well as I should, or perhaps I didn't get it written down as well as I should, but they all are meant to get others to listen to Him!!

Now it is not that I don't wish I could actually find real fellowship with other believers, so we could exchange the sayings and things they got from hearing Him. There of course are others, and they can be found, but amazingly it is not so easy here on this forum. Sometimes we get a nice testimony about the Lord, and sometimes I run across an excellent post that showed the person knows the Lord, but too often it is those who write things like: "This is my lesson to you" and thereby confessing that what they have is "theirs" and not from Him!!

Still - they are the ones who need the help, the testimonies, the proclaiming of Jesus Christ - so that they will seek Him and His voice - that they might actually be saved and no longer by like those Pharisees we read about in the Bible.

The Lord loves His creation - even those religious people like the Pharisees!! He didn't tell them things like:

Jn 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

To accuse them, like they supposed, but to save them from the judgement to come upon them!!

Jn 5:28,29 “For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Those who hear listen to Him have already passed out of that judgement, but those whose faith is based on religion (the understanding fo God instead of His understanding) have not passed out of judgment!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is of course amazing that when I point people to Jesus Christ and the fact that we need to listen to Him - they somehow think I am saying I am above them?????

I am not saying that at all - l am saying that Jesus Christ is above them so we all need to listen to Him!!

Of course, that is what I am saying - and over and over!! I even lead with that statement!!!
So let me be specific. Are you implying me or just making generic unidentified statements.

You know I agree with all you rstatements and practice them all. but you started this campaign f yours by indicitng me and have yet to recant you rindictments. so it is common sense that all your writing is implying I am the guilty one.

I also know not all pastors are gods men and not all church goers are saved etc.ertc.

I know these Scriptures. So what is th epoint of writing all this to me?

Are you just making general statements? If so then leave them without addressing them to a specific person. that way people will realize more often that you are just making generalized statements and not accusing an individual.

But if you are making an accusation against me- Be specific and say "I see you doing"..... Be specific and stop pussy footing if that is what you are trying to do.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let me be specific. Are you implying me or just making generic unidentified statements.

You know I agree with all you rstatements and practice them all. but you started this campaign f yours by indicitng me and have yet to recant you rindictments. so it is common sense that all your writing is implying I am the guilty one.

I also know not all pastors are gods men and not all church goers are saved etc.ertc.

Are you just making general statements? If so then leave them without addressing them to a specific person. that way people will realize more often that you are just making generalized statements and not accusing an individual.

But if you are making an accusation against me- Be specific and say "I see you doing"..... Be specific and stop pussy footing if that is what you are trying to do.

I went over all this but let me cover the above one by one:

Yes - there is a 'generic' issue seen in the churches of God. Note that there is one thing written to all seven of the seven churches written to in Revelation and that is:

‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’ !!!

If that was written to 7 of 7 churches then how many out of 7 churches today would it apply to? Of course it would still almost certainly still apply to all 7 of pretty much any seven Christian churches today - and specifically it can be seen in what you write! You are far too typical of what we seen taught and preached in our Christian churches Today - and that is that you don't let those who have an ear to hear, hear what the Spirit as to say to us His people!! The reason is that you yourself don't listen to Him like you should and present yourself as a teacher; thereby not presenting Jesus Christ as our Teacher!

ou know I agree with all you rstatements and practice them all. but you started this campaign f yours by indicitng me and have yet to recant you rindictments. so it is common sense that all your writing is implying I am the guilty one.
You agee with what is written in the Bible but you don't follow what is written in the Bible! If you did agree with what is written you would be hearing from Jesus Christ everyday and that hearing Him would cause you to point other people (and yourself) to seek Him and hear Him more. You would not write about sitting at the feet of men but about sitting at the feet of Jesus Christ! You would not be promoting the church, but you would be promoting Jesus Christ and knowing Him. You would not even be promoting/ preaching the Bible but again you would be promoting and preaching Jesus Christ and Him as King, the Lord (who you get your instruction from personally), and of course also the Teacher who gave you your teachings.

So you would not be writing the things you are writing like:
this chapter of my lesson to you
Because the lesson would not be yours but the lesson the Lord taught you. If it is your "lesson" then are you not preaching you as opposed to the Lord? Yes you are - but you can see it. You still don't understand how the Word of God is found in your heart and mouth!! You still don't listen to Him via His Holy Spirit to understand how He uses what comes out of your own heart and mouth to show you the problem you have. And that goes for the churches (all seven of seven of them) in general!!

And I started post to you showing you that very thing, but who wants reproof - right? Still the Lord reproves those He loves!!

Rev 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

Yes, you read the verses and think you agree with them, but if you don't listen to Him the meaning and how it applies to us all is missed by you, and Christians in general!

God made all men, and that through His Son, the Living Word of God! So why do you write: "I know not all pastors are gods men"? Are not men spirits, made in His image, but yes all men have fallen because of the rebellion! So if any man is saved it is because of the mercy and grace of God! Still, that is based on faith - a faith that causes us to hear from Him, because it is written that faith comes from hearing! Therefore the faith that saves us is a faith that causes us to hear Him by faith, and if by faith then also a faith that causes us to at least thry and do what He tells us personally!! Yet if a faith in Him whom we hear and work for then, a faith we testify to - and so a faith that causes us to make it about point others and ourselves to Him, daily! That faith will save you - and is the answer to the OP. But again - look at what you write!! Is it about pointing people to Him and making Him the Teacher, and sitting under Him, or have you written a message about sitting under other men, and being a teacher who says "my message"? Again, what is in your spirit so that it comes our your mouth??

Me pointing that out is not me accusing you, as you suppose it to be, it is me trying to help you by getting you to turn to Jesus Christ! It is not me proclaiming to be above other men; I don't want that because I spent most of my life as a retail manager and left that being above other men, in other to run my own little business who has only me as an employee! I don't want to be above other men, I do however want to do what my Lord Jesus Christ asks me to do, and that is preach the Word of God and that to mean He is the Word of God because He is to be the leader of all men! Come under Him and He will call you son, friend, faithful, and He will tell you that He loves you, even daily! And a son of God is indeed a god, are they not, even if they are just a mere man!

The point of writing you is that it has never ever ever been about knowing the Scriptures - but has always, always, always been about knowing the Lord!!!

Rom 10:2,3 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

You have a zeal for God to be sure, but you are thinking that is the knowing the Scriptures instead of knowing "God's righteousness" who is Jesus Christ!! He personally tells you the right thing to do! Even if you don't do it right; the right thing to do is always what He askes you personally to do. Therefore the person doing what they think they should do as opposed to putting their efforts into what the Lord has been asking them to do Today, is seeking to establish their own righteousness - can you not see this? But the person you hears from the Lord today and goes about putting their efforts into doing what the Lord their God told them to do is subjecting themselves to the righteousness of God! If you still don't understand, then actually seek the Lord and He can and will explain it to you! And seeking and listening to Him is what I have been saying all along!

Yes - like the opening comment to your opening line in the post we are talking about. You are by no means alone in your approach. In fact you already said you sit at the feet of other men, so where did you come up with your thinking and approach? It is indeed a general problem and has been even back to John's writing of the book Revelation! There is nothing new under the sun.

Yet I am not "accusing you or an individual or group, but I am trying to help you and that by doing what the Lord asks me to do. It seems you still fail to understand that I don't want to take the time to explain this, but at the same time I hear instructions and I am not going to short change the Lord and His instructions to me. So you get the long explanations!! Not to accuse you but to get you to actually start seeking the Lord!! Indeed, if you had understood that you would have already sought Him and talked to Him about this, and then you would not have come back to me and even asked me about my statements!! He would have already explained it to you - so again you own writings point to what is happening in you and in your spirit!

Again, I am not accusing you!! I am trying to help you!!

If you think someone is accusing you, isn't the first thing you should do is turn to Jesus Christ and get an explanation. Our battle is not with flesh and blood but with the powers, principalities, and dark spiritual forces of the world, and that usually means a battle within us!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You agee with what is written in the Bible but you don't follow what is written in the Bible! If you did agree with what is written you would be hearing from Jesus Christ everyday and that hearing Him would cause you to point other people (and yourself) to seek Him and hear Him more. You would not write about sitting at the feet of men but about sitting at the feet of Jesus Christ! You would not be promoting the church, but you would be promoting Jesus Christ and knowing Him. You would not even be promoting/ preaching the Bible but again you would be promoting and preaching Jesus Christ and Him as King, the Lord (who you get your instruction from personally), and of course also the Teacher who gave you your teachings.
And this is why you are a liar!

You pretend tro know me and you have no clue. Your spiritual arrogance will be your downfall.

Unless you recant your lying about me on this thread, have the last word, for I shall not respond again.

Too many lies and presumptious false mind and soul reading on your part.

YOu should bother to ask questions to make sure you are thinking right. but in y0our arrogance you have proven yourself to be a false teacher.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is why you are a liar!

You pretend tro know me and you have no clue. Your spiritual arrogance will be your downfall.

Unless you recant your lying about me on this thread, have the last word, for I shall not respond again.

Too many lies and presumptious false mind and soul reading on your part.

YOu should bother to ask questions to make sure you are thinking right. but in y0our arrogance you have proven yourself to be a false teacher.
I don't pretend to know you - but I do use what you write to show you what is going on!!

Somehow you think that is knowing you???

It should be showing you about you!!

That is indeed how God works!!

He shows us about ourselves in order to help understand and improve ourselves, but it we are unwilling to actually look at ourselves and what comes out our mouth, then how are we going to find out what God is telling us???

That is what it is written:

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Do you not read this verse and see that "IN YOUR MOUTH" actually comes before "IN YOUR HEART"???

But you (and not you alone but many if not most in the church) are missing the fact that to find the Word of God, you first need to look at what is coming our your own mouth (eg - what you write) then trace that back to your heart!! So that you find that the Word of God - He is near you!!! And that is the Word of God we are preaching (or at least I am and we should be preaching).

Yet too often people (Christians) are saying things like "MY TEACHING" when they are supposed to be passing on His teachings.

And then they make it about sitting at the feet of men to learn, instead of making it about sitting at the feet of Jesus to learn, which you also do,

Then they promote the Prophets and Apostles of old to a great status, not realizing they too were mere men and the only difference was that they did look at what was happening and figures out that the Word of God was indeed there to be found near them - even in there mouth and then also in their hearts!!

They found that via the Holy Spirit speaking to their spirit - they had a direct line of communication with our Lord God almighty - but you ask incredibly if I thought I had a "hot line" to God. Of course I think that, because we do find Him near us, so why didn't you understand this? Did you not consider what is coming out your mouth to lead you to what is in your heart???

That is the problem that exist and has existed with God people!! Many are called, few are chosen, and how many are really faithful to actually spend time walking and talking with the Teacher - the Lord our God Jesus Christ??? He is the Word of God that we preach, and He can be found via the Holy Spirit of God who put His words in our heart so that they would come out our mouth and be found by us!!

So did you find them? If so why do you think I know about you?? It is not me who knows about you but God who knows about you and thus causes what He knows about you to come out your mouth!!!

It winds up in your writings, and it all points back to what the Lord is trying to get through to you personally!!

As for me, He ask me to preach the Word of God to you!!

I may not be very good at it, but I honestly did my best to preach the Word of God to you - how it is found coming out your mouth and then found in your heart - so that you need to consider what you are writing - saying - and find that the Word of God is near you - even in your mouth and in your heart - so you will know that you do have a 'hot-line' to Jesus Christ, and you don't have to bring what you call "my teaching" - and you can actually start a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

It is not me who is "pretending" like you think!!! But it is written:

Ps 81:15 “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him,
And their time of punishment would be forever.

So don't let it be you! He really really really does want His people to listen to Him!!!! He really does want a very close personal relationship with you, and if you have that you will want to be bring the teachings He has and you will want others to really know Him, so you will preach Him as the Word of God and sit at His feet!!!

And don't worry - He will most certainly tell you to read your Bible and take you to a Christian church - so you can still hear from other people have to say! Hopefully it will be what they actually were hearing the Lord tell them to say, but to really be sure of that you can actually go and ask Him for yourself! The thing is that even when you do that He is going to make it about you personally.

There is something about if you teach don't you teach yourself! So when you wrote that Jesus is Lord then wrote 'my teaching' how did you miss the fact that you were not really confessing Jesus as Lord but just saying it? It all came from your spirit, which effects your heart, comes out your mouth or if writing then through your computer so all can read! And that is not so much for you, but applies to all those posting on this forum and even all men!!

As for me - yeah - I have seen this is true for me also! I need to pay attention to what comes out my mouth and what I write for the same reason! So often after I wrote the Lord has me take a walk with Him to discuss it - what I wrote! And when He had me working in a Christian healing ministry for Him, He almost always had me go get something to eat and discuss how the ministry that night went. We talked about what was said, and He taught me more. In fact it was during those times He showed me how to listen to what is actually coming out a persons mouth to find out what is going on in the "spiritual" In that way find out what they are thinking, what God is bring forth our of them, and where their "spiritual" life is at! The Word of God is found in their mouth!!

Have you not read that as you judge so shall you be judged? So the clue to understanding what is happening with them is to listen or read what comes out their mouth!

If you look at what I write - it is about listening to the Lord!

But after reading that you write:

That is your judgement and is exactly what applies to you!! What you wrote tells me that you are spiritually arrogant. That you pretend to know. So I can talk to the Lord about it and He can show me what is going on in you. So when He asks me to write, I can focus on what came out of you to find the Word of God in you, and address those issues while preaching the Word of God to you. Do you still not see this?

This post was started "I don't pretend to know you - but I do use what you write to show you what is going on!!"

So then I talked to the Lord who brought up the verse Ps 81:15 - He also brought up another verse that I didn't use then but I did apply it. That verse was:

Ps 81:13 “Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

Because we find this "pretending" come from what you write - you should yourself talk to the Lord about it. If you had or do that, He can and will use it to help you understand about yourself and how He feels about you! It is as you wrote: You need to stop pretending and being so spiritual arrogant - because He really wants His people (all of them including me and you) to listen to Him!! Which is why He has me write that on this Christian Forum@!!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't pretend to know you - but I do use what you write to show you what is going on!!

Somehow you think that is knowing you???

It should be showing you about you!!

That is indeed how God works!!

He shows us about ourselves in order to help understand and improve ourselves, but it we are unwilling to actually look at ourselves and what comes out our mouth, then how are we going to find out what God is telling us???

That is what it is written:

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Do you not read this verse and see that "IN YOUR MOUTH" actually comes before "IN YOUR HEART"???

But you (and not you alone but many if not most in the church) are missing the fact that to find the Word of God, you first need to look at what is coming our your own mouth (eg - what you write) then trace that back to your heart!! So that you find that the Word of God - He is near you!!! And that is the Word of God we are preaching (or at least I am and we should be preaching).

Yet too often people (Christians) are saying things like "MY TEACHING" when they are supposed to be passing on His teachings.

And then they make it about sitting at the feet of men to learn, instead of making it about sitting at the feet of Jesus to learn, which you also do,

Then they promote the Prophets and Apostles of old to a great status, not realizing they too were mere men and the only difference was that they did look at what was happening and figures out that the Word of God was indeed there to be found near them - even in there mouth and then also in their hearts!!

They found that via the Holy Spirit speaking to their spirit - they had a direct line of communication with our Lord God almighty - but you ask incredibly if I thought I had a "hot line" to God. Of course I think that, because we do find Him near us, so why didn't you understand this? Did you not consider what is coming out your mouth to lead you to what is in your heart???

That is the problem that exist and has existed with God people!! Many are called, few are chosen, and how many are really faithful to actually spend time walking and talking with the Teacher - the Lord our God Jesus Christ??? He is the Word of God that we preach, and He can be found via the Holy Spirit of God who put His words in our heart so that they would come out our mouth and be found by us!!

So did you find them? If so why do you think I know about you?? It is not me who knows about you but God who knows about you and thus causes what He knows about you to come out your mouth!!!

It winds up in your writings, and it all points back to what the Lord is trying to get through to you personally!!

As for me, He ask me to preach the Word of God to you!!

I may not be very good at it, but I honestly did my best to preach the Word of God to you - how it is found coming out your mouth and then found in your heart - so that you need to consider what you are writing - saying - and find that the Word of God is near you - even in your mouth and in your heart - so you will know that you do have a 'hot-line' to Jesus Christ, and you don't have to bring what you call "my teaching" - and you can actually start a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

It is not me who is "pretending" like you think!!! But it is written:

Ps 81:15 “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him,
And their time of punishment would be forever.

So don't let it be you! He really really really does want His people to listen to Him!!!! He really does want a very close personal relationship with you, and if you have that you will want to be bring the teachings He has and you will want others to really know Him, so you will preach Him as the Word of God and sit at His feet!!!

And don't worry - He will most certainly tell you to read your Bible and take you to a Christian church - so you can still hear from other people have to say! Hopefully it will be what they actually were hearing the Lord tell them to say, but to really be sure of that you can actually go and ask Him for yourself! The thing is that even when you do that He is going to make it about you personally.

There is something about if you teach don't you teach yourself! So when you wrote that Jesus is Lord then wrote 'my teaching' how did you miss the fact that you were not really confessing Jesus as Lord but just saying it? It all came from your spirit, which effects your heart, comes out your mouth or if writing then through your computer so all can read! And that is not so much for you, but applies to all those posting on this forum and even all men!!

As for me - yeah - I have seen this is true for me also! I need to pay attention to what comes out my mouth and what I write for the same reason! So often after I wrote the Lord has me take a walk with Him to discuss it - what I wrote! And when He had me working in a Christian healing ministry for Him, He almost always had me go get something to eat and discuss how the ministry that night went. We talked about what was said, and He taught me more. In fact it was during those times He showed me how to listen to what is actually coming out a persons mouth to find out what is going on in the "spiritual" In that way find out what they are thinking, what God is bring forth our of them, and where their "spiritual" life is at! The Word of God is found in their mouth!!

Have you not read that as you judge so shall you be judged? So the clue to understanding what is happening with them is to listen or read what comes out their mouth!

If you look at what I write - it is about listening to the Lord!

But after reading that you write:

That is your judgement and is exactly what applies to you!! What you wrote tells me that you are spiritually arrogant. That you pretend to know. So I can talk to the Lord about it and He can show me what is going on in you. So when He asks me to write, I can focus on what came out of you to find the Word of God in you, and address those issues while preaching the Word of God to you. Do you still not see this?

This post was started "I don't pretend to know you - but I do use what you write to show you what is going on!!"

So then I talked to the Lord who brought up the verse Ps 81:15 - He also brought up another verse that I didn't use then but I did apply it. That verse was:

Ps 81:13 “Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

Because we find this "pretending" come from what you write - you should yourself talk to the Lord about it. If you had or do that, He can and will use it to help you understand about yourself and how He feels about you! It is as you wrote: You need to stop pretending and being so spiritual arrogant - because He really wants His people (all of them including me and you) to listen to Him!! Which is why He has me write that on this Christian Forum@!!
showing me me? Once again you pretend to read minds and look in souls all based on a few paragraphs

UNTIL YOU RECANT YOUR SINS I WILL ONLY WRITE REPENT OF LYING ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO YOU ARE MY PERSONAL PROPHET NOW? RREPENT OF YOUR LIES. YOU ARE IN DEFINACE OF GODS REVEALED WORD FOR SOME WHIPERING AND CHIRPING IN YOU ROWN MIND!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
showing me me? Once again you pretend to read minds and look in souls all based on a few paragraphs

UNTIL YOU RECANT YOUR SINS I WILL ONLY WRITE REPENT OF LYING ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO YOU ARE MY PERSONAL PROPHET NOW? RREPENT OF YOUR LIES. YOU ARE IN DEFINACE OF GODS REVEALED WORD FOR SOME WHIPERING AND CHIRPING IN YOU ROWN MIND!
If you want I will show you again how the Word of God we preach is found in your mouth!! Which of course you type when you are on this forum.

And I can show you how that came from you spirit!

And I can explain how the Lord through His Spirit gets that information to your spirit.

So I can show you that He is always there trying to get you attention, because He loves you, but because He loves you He is reproes you, but do you pay attention to what comes out of you??? If you did you would repent or your ways and start seeking the Lord - and that becuase you are examining what you say/write!!

To help you and to preach the Word of God to you - what I have done is examine what you wrote, and taken it to the Lord for more information, and then tried to show you what you wrote - but you have been unwilling to see that it is from your mouth/writings. So you think I am pretending to read your mind - which is absolutely not the case. I am trying to show you what is actually coming out of you, and thus what's on your heart, and thus what is in your spirit, and trying to get you to realize that is what the Lord is trying to show you about yourself!! But you can't accept my testimony about Jesus Christ and how His is the Word of God which is first found in your mouth and then in your heart and then comes the realization that the Lord is doing a work in you, and that work is to get you to listen to Him!!

It is not only you that He works that way, but He works that way in all of us. If you realized that you would examine what comes out of you much closer!! Are you also preaching the Word of God - meaning Jesus talks to us? Of are you teaching the things you call "my teachings", and the sitting at the feet of other men, and how it is the church has Jesus Christ, and how it is about what the Prophets and Apostles of old wrote, and fail to realize that we indeed have a 'hot- line' to Jesus Christ!! Just go back and look at what you wrote, you will find that all coming from you! And then you conclude that I am pretending and are spiritual arrogant - failing to realize that as you judge so shall you be judged. That was the judgement that came our of you, and so is in fact the judgement the Lord our God makes about you - which again goes back to finding the Word of God we preach coming out your mouth - so in what you write here on the forum!!

As for me; I stil have the instruction to preach the Word of God to who He asks me to. Look at what I just wrote - It is about preaching the Word of God - and that the Word of God we preach is found in our mouths and in our hearts!!

So first in our mouth, is where we find the Word of God, then when we trace it back we realize that it came from our heart, then if (we believe in Jesus Christ and Him and Lord and Teacher who is always with us) we figure out that He was trying to get that information across to us. I have just been pointing that out to you. That we need to listen to Him by faith!

So you asked:

So what is th epoint of writing all this to me?
And I explained it!! The way we Christians are supposed to live our life is by faith that Jesus Christ is always with us, so we seek Him and find Him, and that He has always been standing there knocking with His voice - and that means we need to pay attention to what He has to say, which comes via His Holy Spirit to our spirit, so is in our heart, and then it comes out of us! Yet you understand that He reproves those He loves, right? That we need to be willing to repent so that we will listen to Him, right? And then we and only then will let Him come into our lives and listen to what He is telling us, right?

Well - that is the point of writing you - that you might be willing to actually listen to Him and realize that He Himself is reproving you and it is obvious by what is coming from you!

Let me show you what we exchange early on in this thread and explain how the above applies to it:
You wrote:
Jesus becomes our righteousness. then we are free to perform the good works god intends us to do.

That was not quite right. If and since Jesus is our righteousness, we need to listen to Him to know the 'works god intends us to do. We are not just free to determine what god intends!! I am free to talk to Him about whatever I want and He is love so He considers the desires of my heart, but He is also stlll King and Lord of all things, and while we have freedom it is not a freedom apart from Him but a freedom with Him. We still have to be listening to Him - so I wrote:
If you were to hear Him speaks to you and regularly talk to Him, even as a person should with the “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

You would understand that while we are saved by believing in Him, there are instructions given by Him which require us to do the work He asks us to do!!

That is what you realize when talking to the King of Kings and Lord or Lords - that He needs to be listened to, and like above, His Word is found near you, even in your mouth and heart. You didn't realize it, but what you were saying is like what the Galatians started doing. They felt there freedom that the got from the Lord meant they no longer had to listen to the Lord, via His Holy Spirit. That lead them to their own understanding of God instead of listening to Him for understanding! So Paul had to write them about the one thing that needs to be know by us - which is do we receive the Spirit by works or by hearing with faith?

The Galatians didn't understand so they stopped listening to the Lord and started doing works they thought were good based on their own understanding of the Scriptures - they gathered to themselves and insisted on circumcision - which they had learned from other men and the traditions of the "church" And that showed up in what you wrote:

Let me ask you a question. Do you belong to a local assembly and sit under the teaching of a pastor/teacher?

You questions showed exactly what you felt was important - that we sit under the teaching of a pastor/teacher in a local assembly!

It was actually funny to me, because I could see it coming. You are like alot of people I meet at church, and the Lord does have me go to a Christian church, of His choosing. And I meet people just like you there, where they make it about listening to the teacher/pastor there, as opposed to listening to the Lord and what He has to say to them. That doesn't mean I don't respect them, but they are not God (and the church the Lord has me go to is really big so we have a lot of pastors and teachers) and many of which really need to get to know the Lord better - like you - but I too need to still need to know Him better which, is why I write about listening to Him more. That message is stll for me to remember also. It is written that we are to encourage one another on the day called "Today"

Still what you question explains is the you are looking to men and not the Lord our God! It is what comes out of you, and I know that you too have the Word of God coming our your mouth - so that it shows. Still - there is the question of whether I need to write you again, and that I must hear from the Lord first, because my freedom is not just a freedom to do what I want. So I talk to the Lord, He responds. He gives me a teaching - and doing that lead to Him showing me how we first find what He is telling us on our mouth - and why it was written "“THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”, and not in your heart and in your mouth. He explained that you/me./ all of us, first have to realize that the Word of God we preach is found in our mouth, before we find it is in our heart. Therefore I had to focus on what is coming from you when I addressed you.

Now there is a teaching from the Lord that I passed on to you. It is not my teaching but His teaching. He gave it to me, and I passed it on to you - but can you accept it? It is backed up with Scriptures.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want I will show you again how the Word of God we preach is found in your mouth!! Which of course you type when you are on this forum.

And I can show you how that came from you spirit!

And I can explain how the Lord through His Spirit gets that information to your spirit.

So I can show you that He is always there trying to get you attention, because He loves you, but because He loves you He is reproes you, but do you pay attention to what comes out of you??? If you did you would repent or your ways and start seeking the Lord - and that becuase you are examining what you say/write!!

To help you and to preach the Word of God to you - what I have done is examine what you wrote, and taken it to the Lord for more information, and then tried to show you what you wrote - but you have been unwilling to see that it is from your mouth/writings. So you think I am pretending to read your mind - which is absolutely not the case. I am trying to show you what is actually coming out of you, and thus what's on your heart, and thus what is in your spirit, and trying to get you to realize that is what the Lord is trying to show you about yourself!! But you can't accept my testimony about Jesus Christ and how His is the Word of God which is first found in your mouth and then in your heart and then comes the realization that the Lord is doing a work in you, and that work is to get you to listen to Him!!

It is not only you that He works that way, but He works that way in all of us. If you realized that you would examine what comes out of you much closer!! Are you also preaching the Word of God - meaning Jesus talks to us? Of are you teaching the things you call "my teachings", and the sitting at the feet of other men, and how it is the church has Jesus Christ, and how it is about what the Prophets and Apostles of old wrote, and fail to realize that we indeed have a 'hot- line' to Jesus Christ!! Just go back and look at what you wrote, you will find that all coming from you! And then you conclude that I am pretending and are spiritual arrogant - failing to realize that as you judge so shall you be judged. That was the judgement that came our of you, and so is in fact the judgement the Lord our God makes about you - which again goes back to finding the Word of God we preach coming out your mouth - so in what you write here on the forum!!

As for me; I stil have the instruction to preach the Word of God to who He asks me to. Look at what I just wrote - It is about preaching the Word of God - and that the Word of God we preach is found in our mouths and in our hearts!!

So first in our mouth, is where we find the Word of God, then when we trace it back we realize that it came from our heart, then if (we believe in Jesus Christ and Him and Lord and Teacher who is always with us) we figure out that He was trying to get that information across to us. I have just been pointing that out to you. That we need to listen to Him by faith!

So you asked:

And I explained it!! The way we Christians are supposed to live our life is by faith that Jesus Christ is always with us, so we seek Him and find Him, and that He has always been standing there knocking with His voice - and that means we need to pay attention to what He has to say, which comes via His Holy Spirit to our spirit, so is in our heart, and then it comes out of us! Yet you understand that He reproves those He loves, right? That we need to be willing to repent so that we will listen to Him, right? And then we and only then will let Him come into our lives and listen to what He is telling us, right?

Well - that is the point of writing you - that you might be willing to actually listen to Him and realize that He Himself is reproving you and it is obvious by what is coming from you!

Let me show you what we exchange early on in this thread and explain how the above applies to it:
You wrote:

That was not quite right. If and since Jesus is our righteousness, we need to listen to Him to know the 'works god intends us to do. We are not just free to determine what god intends!! I am free to talk to Him about whatever I want and He is love so He considers the desires of my heart, but He is also stlll King and Lord of all things, and while we have freedom it is not a freedom apart from Him but a freedom with Him. We still have to be listening to Him - so I wrote:

That is what you realize when talking to the King of Kings and Lord or Lords - that He needs to be listened to, and like above, His Word is found near you, even in your mouth and heart. You didn't realize it, but what you were saying is like what the Galatians started doing. They felt there freedom that the got from the Lord meant they no longer had to listen to the Lord, via His Holy Spirit. That lead them to their own understanding of God instead of listening to Him for understanding! So Paul had to write them about the one thing that needs to be know by us - which is do we receive the Spirit by works or by hearing with faith?

The Galatians didn't understand so they stopped listening to the Lord and started doing works they thought were good based on their own understanding of the Scriptures - they gathered to themselves and insisted on circumcision - which they had learned from other men and the traditions of the "church" And that showed up in what you wrote:

You questions showed exactly what you felt was important - that we sit under the teaching of a pastor/teacher in a local assembly!

It was actually funny to me, because I could see it coming. You are like alot of people I meet at church, and the Lord does have me go to a Christian church, of His choosing. And I meet people just like you there, where they make it about listening to the teacher/pastor there, as opposed to listening to the Lord and what He has to say to them. That doesn't mean I don't respect them, but they are not God (and the church the Lord has me go to is really big so we have a lot of pastors and teachers) and many of which really need to get to know the Lord better - like you - but I too need to still need to know Him better which, is why I write about listening to Him more. That message is stll for me to remember also. It is written that we are to encourage one another on the day called "Today"

Still what you question explains is the you are looking to men and not the Lord our God! It is what comes out of you, and I know that you too have the Word of God coming our your mouth - so that it shows. Still - there is the question of whether I need to write you again, and that I must hear from the Lord first, because my freedom is not just a freedom to do what I want. So I talk to the Lord, He responds. He gives me a teaching - and doing that lead to Him showing me how we first find what He is telling us on our mouth - and why it was written "“THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”, and not in your heart and in your mouth. He explained that you/me./ all of us, first have to realize that the Word of God we preach is found in our mouth, before we find it is in our heart. Therefore I had to focus on what is coming from you when I addressed you.

Now there is a teaching from the Lord that I passed on to you. It is not my teaching but His teaching. He gave it to me, and I passed it on to you - but can you accept it? It is backed up with Scriptures.
REPENT

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I said but y et you still say I don't another lie from your keyboard from you heart
This shows you are clueless as to te3h ministry of the office of pastor/teacher and how people listen to them.

You are so busy being a teacher here, and wanting me to listen to you that you do not realize you are doing what a bible believing pastor/teachert does and you tend to condemn

Hypocrite!
Still what you question explains is the you are looking to men and not the Lord our God! It is what comes out of you,
YOu are a liar.

Repent!
!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah - we need to repent for not listening to Him like we should -

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

And that verse comes before

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

So if we don't repent for not listening to Him like we should we are certainly not going to open up to Him and hear what He has to say to us.

But was that why you wrote: REPENT??

Humm - Well - at least you got the Word of God you needed coming from inside you - so the only other question is whether you believe in Him?

Or are you just acting and are really lying?

Remember that it is written that as you judge so shall you be judged? And so we find that Word from God about how we are inside also coming from inside us and it shows - So what also did you write?

Hypocrite!

YOu are a liar.

Yeah - that is all meant for you! It is the judgement God has on you because it is the judgement that came out of you!

Do you understand that the Word of God we preach is found in our mouth and then in our heart? Again, it is right there in the Scriptures - but understanding comes from actually listening to Him and not even from your reading the Scriptures!

So the Word of God I preach is according to the Lord and proven by the Scriptures. None of this is my teaching, but His teaching. Indeed, it is a testimony about Him - as is the Scriptures! How did you not know this?

Oh, maybe I didn't present it all that well, but I did what He asked me. That is what confessing He is Lord is all about - hearing Him and going by what He says and then confessing it was Him.

Romans 10: 8,9 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Our Lord Jesus Christ is really there to be heard from, and if heard from then testified to, and even learned from; so that it is possible to pass on what you learned from Him and explain that it was from Him so that we don't say ' my teaching' - right? We went over that!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But was that why you wrote: REPENT??
No you need to repent for your hypocrisy and for your lies about what I hold inside me and pretending you know what is inside me.

You constantly berate me for saying I believe in the biblical principle of sitting under the authority of a pastor/teacher. I showed you the Scriupture verses but yet you deny it.

A biblical pastor/teacher will lead the flock god has assigned Him to a deeper walk with walk and that is why a member of the body of Christ needs to be under the authority (sit under) a pastor/teacher. Even a pastor needs a pastor ovewr him Like titus had Paul and the elders appointed in Crete had Titus.

but by your writings yo0u strongly imply that is beneath you. That makes you spiritually arrogant and walking in defiance of the Word of Gd! These you did not hear from god nor are those words , words that came from god!

Then you rebuke me for saying I sit under a pastor teacher instead of Jesus and then proceed to try to be a pastor teacher to me!!! That is rank and diabolical hypocrisy.

You need to repent.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you need to repent for your hypocrisy and for your lies about what I hold inside me and pretending you know what is inside me.

You constantly berate me for saying I believe in the biblical principle of sitting under the authority of a pastor/teacher. I showed you the Scriupture verses but yet you deny it.

A biblical pastor/teacher will lead the flock god has assigned Him to a deeper walk with walk and that is why a member of the body of Christ needs to be under the authority (sit under) a pastor/teacher. Even a pastor needs a pastor ovewr him Like titus had Paul and the elders appointed in Crete had Titus.

but by your writings yo0u strongly imply that is beneath you. That makes you spiritually arrogant and walking in defiance of the Word of Gd! These you did not hear from god nor are those words , words that came from god!

Then you rebuke me for saying I sit under a pastor teacher instead of Jesus and then proceed to try to be a pastor teacher to me!!! That is rank and diabolical hypocrisy.

You need to repent.

"You need to repent"

Those are some of the best words we can choose to understand!!!

It can also be some of the most revealing words when they come our your own mouth!!

The fact is that Christians need to repent daily and we should understand that if we actually know the Lord!1

The problem comes when we don't realize it!!

In that case you are going to find yourself making that judgement about others and you will find that "Word of God" coming out your own mouth because He is trying to get your attention!!! I actually went of this just a bit earlier - but it seems someone missed it!

When we pray the Lord's Prayer, and we are told to do that when we get in that quiet place with the Lord, we find we are asking the He forgives our debts as we forgive our debtors. So we are asking God to forgive us - and that means we need forgiveness - and that meanswe need to do a bit of repenting because repenting and asking for forgiveness goes together! If you don't show this humility when you come before the Lord, is He going to listen to you?

Ps 10:17 O LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble;
You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear

Therefore, each day I pray the Lord's prayer - realizing I make mistakes and need forgiveness and so also need to forgive others!!

And this becomes all the more obvious when you get to actually know the Lord and talk back and forth with Him!! You really get an understanding of who He is that your are talking to!! That is to say you realize that He is the Word of God because He does and even says only what the Father tells Him!! That is what perfection looks like!

Yet we don't do and say only what we hear from Him - we are reconned as righteous because we do believe in Him and do hear from Him, but we don't do that all day long - and even if you could you are not going to only do and say what He tells you!! And anytime you don't, then you have fallen short of the Glory of God - which is the Living Word of God - Jesus Christ!! So the more you talk to Him the more you realize that we indeed need to repent and ask for His forgiveness daily - whenever you get in that quite place pray for that - like He told you with His prayer!!

Therefore the person listening to the Lord on those days called "Today" realizes that about themselves and the importance of it to everyone, yet the person who doesn't listen to the Lord on those days called "Today" fail to see that about themselves, yet they want to declare it to the rest of the world because of their pride, and not because out of their humility they are actually trying to get people to seek the Lord instead of themselves!!

So it is that Ronald write that which is on His heart, "Then you rebuke me for saying I sit under a pastor teacher instead of Jesus and then proceed to try to be a pastor teacher to me!!! " - He still fails to realize that we do not sit under any person as a "pastor teacher" because we sit under Jesus Christ the Son of God, King of Kings, Lord or Lords, and the Teacher - meaning we actually are learning from Him because His sheep hear His voice - thus He is our Pastor/Teacher, and Ronald still fails to realize that I have been told by our Lord Jesus Christ to point people to Him (Jesus Christ) and Him as the Word of God we preach!! So he still fails to realize that He needs to repent (like we all do) for not listening to the Lord like we should! And that because in his pride he fails to humble himself and repent for not listening to Him like He should - even to the point of not even believing the Lord is there to be heard from!!

His desire is not to humble Himself in the presence of the Lord (and the Lord is always present), so he does not seek the Lord in humility and thus does not hear the Lord. He is like those Israelites the Moses took to the mountain.

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die.”

To them God's voice was like thunder, but they didn't hear His words like Moses. That was because they were saying in their heart "let not God speak to us" and instead wanted to sit under Moses instead of God!!! In the same way there are still people who want to sit under other men instead of seeking the Lord and the Word of God who speaks from the mountain of God!! Moses was a humble man - the Bible explains this - yet those people were a rebellious people, always turning from the Lord and always walking in the way of pride.

So what should you tell them?

Deut 30:10-14 if you obey the LORD your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and soul. “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. “It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ “Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

So what is in his mouth (as shown with his writing) "repent", but He does not do that! Instead He judges that other need to repent - which is not wrong, but he fails to understand that is also needed by Him before He is going to seek the Word of God that is first found in His mouth and then found in His heart. Therefore He see the speck in the other persons eye and misses the log in His own!!

Repentance is extremely important. Do it everyday called Today - and as your pray the Lord's prayer asking God to forgive you as you forgive, is a great time to do it and is why that part is in the Lord's Prayer, but if you miss the importance of repentance and humbling yourself before the Lord, how then are you going to hear Him? Still - thanks for the reminder to me to keep repenting everyday!

So as I start this post I end it:

"You need to repent"

Those are some of the best words we can choose to understand!!!

But you do have to choose to understand and do it yourself :)