Living what we preach. Faith alone vs faith with works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You need to repent"

Those are some of the best words we can choose to understand!!!

It can also be some of the most revealing words when they come our your own mouth!!

The fact is that Christians need to repent daily and we should understand that if we actually know the Lord!1

The problem comes when we don't realize it!!

In that case you are going to find yourself making that judgement about others and you will find that "Word of God" coming out your own mouth because He is trying to get your attention!!! I actually went of this just a bit earlier - but it seems someone missed it!

When we pray the Lord's Prayer, and we are told to do that when we get in that quiet place with the Lord, we find we are asking the He forgives our debts as we forgive our debtors. So we are asking God to forgive us - and that means we need forgiveness - and that meanswe need to do a bit of repenting because repenting and asking for forgiveness goes together! If you don't show this humility when you come before the Lord, is He going to listen to you?

Ps 10:17 O LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble;
You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear

Therefore, each day I pray the Lord's prayer - realizing I make mistakes and need forgiveness and so also need to forgive others!!

And this becomes all the more obvious when you get to actually know the Lord and talk back and forth with Him!! You really get an understanding of who He is that your are talking to!! That is to say you realize that He is the Word of God because He does and even says only what the Father tells Him!! That is what perfection looks like!

Yet we don't do and say only what we hear from Him - we are reconned as righteous because we do believe in Him and do hear from Him, but we don't do that all day long - and even if you could you are not going to only do and say what He tells you!! And anytime you don't, then you have fallen short of the Glory of God - which is the Living Word of God - Jesus Christ!! So the more you talk to Him the more you realize that we indeed need to repent and ask for His forgiveness daily - whenever you get in that quite place pray for that - like He told you with His prayer!!

Therefore the person listening to the Lord on those days called "Today" realizes that about themselves and the importance of it to everyone, yet the person who doesn't listen to the Lord on those days called "Today" fail to see that about themselves, yet they want to declare it to the rest of the world because of their pride, and not because out of their humility they are actually trying to get people to seek the Lord instead of themselves!!

So it is that Ronald write that which is on His heart, "Then you rebuke me for saying I sit under a pastor teacher instead of Jesus and then proceed to try to be a pastor teacher to me!!! " - He still fails to realize that we do not sit under any person as a "pastor teacher" because we sit under Jesus Christ the Son of God, King of Kings, Lord or Lords, and the Teacher - meaning we actually are learning from Him because His sheep hear His voice - thus He is our Pastor/Teacher, and Ronald still fails to realize that I have been told by our Lord Jesus Christ to point people to Him (Jesus Christ) and Him as the Word of God we preach!! So he still fails to realize that He needs to repent (like we all do) for not listening to the Lord like we should! And that because in his pride he fails to humble himself and repent for not listening to Him like He should - even to the point of not even believing the Lord is there to be heard from!!

His desire is not to humble Himself in the presence of the Lord (and the Lord is always present), so he does not seek the Lord in humility and thus does not hear the Lord. He is like those Israelites the Moses took to the mountain.

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die.”

To them God's voice was like thunder, but they didn't hear His words like Moses. That was because they were saying in their heart "let not God speak to us" and instead wanted to sit under Moses instead of God!!! In the same way there are still people who want to sit under other men instead of seeking the Lord and the Word of God who speaks from the mountain of God!! Moses was a humble man - the Bible explains this - yet those people were a rebellious people, always turning from the Lord and always walking in the way of pride.

So what should you tell them?

Deut 30:10-14 if you obey the LORD your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and soul. “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. “It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ “Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

So what is in his mouth (as shown with his writing) "repent", but He does not do that! Instead He judges that other need to repent - which is not wrong, but he fails to understand that is also needed by Him before He is going to seek the Word of God that is first found in His mouth and then found in His heart. Therefore He see the speck in the other persons eye and misses the log in His own!!

Repentance is extremely important. Do it everyday called Today - and as your pray the Lord's prayer asking God to forgive you as you forgive, is a great time to do it and is why that part is in the Lord's Prayer, but if you miss the importance of repentance and humbling yourself before the Lord, how then are you going to hear Him? Still - thanks for the reminder to me to keep repenting everyday!

So as I start this post I end it:

"You need to repent"

Those are some of the best words we can choose to understand!!!

But you do have to choose to understand and do it yourself :)
You must repent.
Your pseudo spirituality is nauseating.