Locked Threads

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
in the kingdom of heaven right now
Just some thoughts here. Because it envolves everyone, moderators and non mods, I thought that I'd post it here and seek open response.

It is good when a thread gets locked, as they need to be from time to time due to the attitudes/content given in some of them. However, when a thread is locked, I think it appropriate that the mod that locks the thread should state on that thread why it was locked. This is done in everything in life, such as in school: when something needs correcting, it is stated what is being corrected. We do this with our children: we don't discipline them and not tell them what the discipline is for, do we?!!! Even in the work force, we see this principle in play constantly: when an employee is corrected, the employee is told what is being corrected. The purpose for this is quite obvious: so that the one who needs correction sees where, and so that others can see it also and learn from it. This is even stated is the scriptures, is it not? Such as when it states, "those who sin, rebuke before all, that the rest may fear". It is for the learning and growth and guidance of everyone, for the good of all, when one who errors publicly is corrected publicly. If a person makes a public statement, it is just that: public. Therefore, the correctness of the statement is seen publicly, and the incorrectness of the statement is seen publicly. And thus, if the error needs correction, it should be corrected publicly.

The thrust being this: I think it improper for mods/admin to lock a thread without stating on that locked thread for all to see, why the locking occurred. It is for the good of all that this should be done.

Any thoughts on this, anyone? I'd like to know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, or if it is seen to be a good thing and perhaps it should be encorporated into the policies of this forum for the building of the body of Christ for the glory of God.

Thanks