Logical reason to believe in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes he does, he has saved my life several times that I can recall. Once I fell off a 100 foot cliff and landed in some sticker bushes growing out of the side of it at the top. I didn't fall, but it was snowing and we were sledding near it like idiots. As I saw my demise and began to slide towards the edge I felt this peace come over me, I knew I was going to die and was at peace somehow. As I found myself still alive I called up to my friends and they pulled me up to safety. It was God's peace that I felt (Galatians 5:22-23). He knew I would be safe and allowed it to happen.
Oh! what a miracle God has given you, fortunately, God saved you and gave me the opportunity to talk to you on this forum.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
persons in God, hmm
There is only One Immortal, Who dwells alone in unapproachable light, the One Whom no mortal eye has ever seen or ever can see
persons are mortals, right? So i mean i dunno, but i would lose this Catholic, misguided idea of "persons in God" asap
Good news!
The Bible identifies each member of the Godhead as He.
That is a person. Because each one has personality.

You tell me what He means.
John 16:13
However when He, the Spirit of truth has come, He will guide you into all truth(the apostles) for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

He is person. Not a mysterious essence. The Spirit is His own He! Person.

Did the Catholics write John 16:13?

Person does not have one definition of human being.
Person also means individual.
The Holy Spirit thinks, reasons,
This makes Him a individual, person.

Each member of the Godhead thinks, reasons.
This makes each an individual person.
Godhead was established by the new testament revelation of the Holy Spirit working through the apostles.
They wrote down the passages where we read about the Godhead.
Catholics had nothing to do with the revelation of scripture.

Who is Jesus speaking He will go to? Himself?
John 16:10
Of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Him no more
Now who is speaking to Jesus from heaven?
Mark 1:11
Then a voice came from heaven, You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Now who is speaking to Jesus?
Mark 1:12
Immediately the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness.
Is Jesus doing all this talking to Himself from heaven while He is on the earth?
Is Jesus driving Himself into the wilderness?

Is Jesus God? I know Him.
What say ye?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logical reason to believe in God.

Stephen Hawking says the universe came from nothing.
Nothing cannot create something, therefore not logical.

God says He created the heavens and the earth.
Something created something.
Since beings can create things, therefore logical.

Why would anyone think it is logical to believe nothing created the universe?
Those of this mindset also believe it is not logical to believe God created the universe.

They want evidence of God.
The evidence is the universe.
The evidence is the creation.
The evidence is there is something rather than nothing.
If before the "big bang" there was nothing.
Then logically there should be nothing.
No God, we do not exist.
If God, we exist.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jennifer Rogers are there any specific topics that you would like to discuss? Or any questions you would like to ask?

Don't hesitate to start some threads on those subjects and throw them open for discussion....:)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Bible identifies each member of the Godhead as He.
That is a person. Because each one has personality
it strikes me that you are making a literal certainty out of what is generally considered to be a convention, a “literary device,” that of assigning the male gender to “God,” or expecting Yah to literally have a five fingered “hand,” etc

You tell me what He means.
John 16:13
However when He, the Spirit of truth has come, He will guide you into all truth(the apostles) for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
well, He will not speak on His own authority requires that i hear before i tell, so for this i will have to come back when i have heard; but i dont expect it will be literally hearing with my ears wadr

Is Jesus doing all this talking to Himself from heaven while He is on the earth?
ha! might be a great characterization; idk. But prolly not i guess
Is Jesus driving Himself into the wilderness?
interesting to me that the One “person” said to be in the godhead advocates dying to self

Is Jesus God?
theos is an interesting concept, that we pretty much gloss over, seems to me. But are you asking if Jesus is YHWH, or Elohim?
I know Him
ah well, “all the gods i know have fallen,” which maybe makes no sense to you right now, but the point is that anything that i could know is probably not Yah, and this is kind of my chief objection to this anthropomorphized “God,” this Olde Whyte Guy with a long white beard, and a white robe, and a staff, that i might possibly have a convo with, after i have died?
He who says that he knows anything, does not
yet know it as he ought

So, this might be less about “persons in God” and more about knowing, i dunno, but may i suggest the possibility of “This is the maximum level of being with Me,”
by way of illustration? Even if “God” is indeed personified in it, sort of

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it is only logical to hoard wealth and hate ones enemies, isnt it? so i dunno about this “logical reasoning to believe in God” thing tbh…might be a necessary step, i dunno. But i suggest that one will then necessarily go on to prove the “existence” of God to their own satisfaction, and ending up with a God that they “know,” simply bc we cannot abide things that we do not “know,” yes?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, He will not speak on His own authority requires that i hear before i tell, so for this i will have to come back when i have heard; but i dont expect it will be literally hearing with my ears wadr
so, i think what will come now is an airing of We worship what we know…

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, since you don't know who God is,
Others are wrong, for having assureity.

Not everyone is struggling with who God is.
Those who take the scriptures for what it says, know.

that of assigning the male gender to “God,

I didn't assign the Male gender to God. God did.

or expecting Yah to literally have a five fingered “hand,” etc
Jesus is God. He is male with five fingered hands.

Now He is Spirit not flesh.

this is kind of my chief objection to this anthropomorphized “God,” this Olde Whyte Guy with a long white beard, and a white robe, and a staff, that i might possibly have a convo with, after i have died?

I've never seen any passage that describes God as an Old White Male with a long beard.
You got that from society that also portrays satan as a red Cape wearing half goat, half man with pitchfork.

God refers to Himself as He.
So He should be referred to as He.
Thinking that is from a human minds perspective, is wrong.
Believing God should not be referred to as a gender is in fact human reasoning.
If God describes Himself as an elephant.
Then who are we to say otherwise?

God puts His teaching into concepts that man can relate to.
Since God has chosen a gender, Male.
Then we should respect His wisdom and authority to do so.
God chose to describe Himself as Father, Son, Holy Spirit(God-head).
So, I will accept His description.
I will not philosophize about what God is in His "true reflection".

Are you a deist?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't assign the Male gender to God. God did.

Ive always wonder about that.
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Since God is Spirit. What of: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

leads me to ask if God is male, is God also Jewish and not Greek? A Jewish man? Then what of men who are not Jewish…are they made in God’s image being not Jewish?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...leads me to ask if God is male, is God also Jewish and not Greek? A Jewish man? Then what of men who are not Jewish…are they made in God’s image being not Jewish?
The Lord Jesus Christ is a Hebrew of the Hebrews. In that sense God is indeed a Jewish man, of the tribe of Judah and the line of David. And when God said let us make man in our image and in our likeness He was looking at the end result -- every believer (male or female) would be transformed and perfected to resemble Christ. Thus "predestined to be conformed unto the image of His Son"(Rom 8:29). As to the masculinity of God, that is quite obvious -- the Godhead is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and they are all male (and the Holy Spirit is referred to in the masculine gender).

The current demonic agenda to destroy the distinction between male and female is another evil attempt to create mental, physical, and spiritual confusion. Transgenderism is a Satanic device which has now become a part of the American Leftist agenda.

Reactions: Titus

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Jesus Christ is a Hebrew of the Hebrews. In that sense God is indeed a Jewish man, of the tribe of Judah and the line of David. And when God said let us make man in our image and in our likeness He was looking at the end result -- every believer (male or female) would be transformed and perfected to resemble Christ. Thus "predestined to be conformed unto the image of His Son"(Rom 8:29). As to the masculinity of God, that is quite obvious -- the Godhead is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and they are all male (and the Holy Spirit is referred to in the masculine gender).

The current demonic agenda to destroy the distinction between male and female is another evil attempt to create mental, physical, and spiritual confusion. Transgenderism is a Satanic device which has now become a part of the American Leftist agenda.
Amen, amen, amen!

Reactions: Enoch111

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
this is not about that, wadr
There are no male and female in the kingdom
Are you a deist?
formally? i have been called a Yahwist, dunno if they are the same or not
John 8:58

Matthew 28:19
but you are offering no "objective evidence" for Theos here, my friend :)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I see, since you don't know who God is,
Others are wrong, for having assureity.

Not everyone is struggling with who God is.
Those who take the scriptures for what it says, know.
so, we might explore the significance of empty room for a holy of holies here/now, but really all i can say once again is that investing Yah with a personality might initially seem like a good idea, and while i prefer better/worse over wrong/right, yes, i believe that you will end up with a Santa Claus, who definitely exists, i can show you pitchers and everything :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Did the Catholics write John 16:13?

Person does not have one definition of human being.
Person also means individual.
The Holy Spirit thinks, reasons,
This makes Him a individual, person.

Each member of the Godhead thinks, reasons.
This makes each an individual person.
Godhead was established by the new testament revelation of the Holy Spirit working through the apostles.
They wrote down the passages where we read about the Godhead.
Catholics had nothing to do with the revelation of scripture.

Who is Jesus speaking He will go to? Himself?
John 16:10
Of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Him no more
Now who is speaking to Jesus from heaven?
Mark 1:11
Then a voice came from heaven, You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Now who is speaking to Jesus?
Mark 1:12
Immediately the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness
we can pretty easily observe that kids understand quite literally, have trouble with idiom, etc
so all i could say here is that the Bible can be read with two eyes, or one eye, and you get to pick :)

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, we might explore the significance of empty room for a holy of holies here/now, but really all i can say once again is that investing Yah with a personality might initially seem like a good idea, and while i prefer better/worse over wrong/right, yes, i believe that you will end up with a Santa Claus, who definitely exists, i can show you pitchers and everything :)
Colossians 2:8
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit,
according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles
of the world, and not according to Christ.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Colossians 2:8
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit,
according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles
of the world, and not according to Christ.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
so basically more confirmation that there are no "persons" in Yah, except for the body of Christ, which also cannot be pointed at

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jennifer Rogers are there any specific topics that you would like to discuss? Or any questions you would like to ask?

Don't hesitate to start some threads on those subjects and throw them open for discussion....:)
I wanted to study the Lord's crucifixion, His suffering, and His resurrection. Do you have any documents on this topic?

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wanted to study the Lord's crucifixion, His suffering, and His resurrection. Do you have any documents on this topic?
This is a great topic but to make it more personal, please tell me what you understand already, and whether you have questions that can be addressed directly?
For example....do you understand why Christ was sent to earth to be born as a human child?

Why not just show up as an adult and do what needed to be done?

Do you know what Christ's death accomplishes?

Why he had to suffer when God could have prevented it?

What his resurrection means for you and me?

Ask your questions and lets explore what the Bible says about it.