Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
im a presbyterian, and are a confessional denomination. We use the Westminster Confession of faith, and the 2 catechisms. I am going to post a link for you to the short catechism. It is written in a question and answer format and can greatly help you to understand what a christian is.
You need to read this as it will help explain a lot about what your purpose is in life, why you were created, and who God really is. I do hope you will at least look at it and see what it is about.

Shorter Catechism: The Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Did I miss this post?

Do I have click on that link? Actually I will click that link.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
we walk by faith, not sight. But there are gazillions of facts concerning God that we can see everyday like the sun, the air we breathe, grass, mountains, trees, the moon. All signs of a Creator. The fact that you’re alive is proof of God. Mankind didnt evolve from apes or fish or any of that darwin nonsense.
I like how you said a gazillion facts, like you actually know that many. How much is a gazillion anyway :)

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like how you said a gazillion facts, like you actually know that many. How much is a gazillion anyway :)

while i cant count that high, you know who can? God. A gazillion to Him is like 2 to us. He knows how many hairs are on our heads, now multiply that by 7.5 billion people. Its a breeze for God to count that high.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
while i cant count that high, you know who can? God. A gazillion to Him is like 2 to us. He knows how many hairs are on our heads, now multiply that by 7.5 billion people. Its a breeze for God to count that high.
Cuteness abounds you.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
i prefer to think of it as recognizing God’s sovereignty. He is always on my mind.
Have you seen what's become of many citizen's in the Ukraine? They are lying near there burnt out vehicles blackened to a crisp. Hmm, yet all the Christian's praying for them does nothing. If your God is real, he doesn't care about what you people are praying about (I tell you that)

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you seen what's become of many citizen's in the Ukraine? They're are lying near there burnt out vehicles blackened to a crisp. Hmm, yet all the Christian's praying for them does nothing. If your God is real, he doesn't care about what you people are praying about (I tell you that)

that doesnt make sense to say that. You think God is happy about the war??? What i never could figure out, is why you atheists always credit bad stuff to God, instead of satan? And when good stuff happens, you never credit God for it. Why??

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
that doesnt make sense to say that. You think God is happy about the war??? What i never could figure out, is why you atheists always credit bad stuff to God, instead of satan? And when good stuff happens, you never credit God for it. Why??
You know nothing of Yahweh.
Also
You know nothing of me.

It's not God who's punishing us, it's nature.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know nothing of Yahweh.
Also
You know nothing of me.

It's not God who's punishing us, it's nature.

i disagree. I do happen to know God. But i agree i know nothing about you beyond you being an atheist. And what is nature?? Mother nature is a false god. There is only 1 God.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
i disagree. I do happen to know God. But i agree i know nothing about you beyond you being an atheist. And what is nature?? Mother nature is a false god. There is only 1 God.
You know nothing of God, the Prophets and the Gospel teachings. Because you follow your own made up belief version of the Bible. Do not go beyond scripture is something Christian's seem to forget on a constant basis.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know nothing of God, the Prophets and the Gospel teachings. Because you follow your own made up belief version of the Bible. Do not go beyond scripture is something Christian's seem to forget on a constant basis.

pretty bold statement. And of course, you can show proof of your statement??

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Done it. Many a time. But im thinking you may be confused….. im a calvinist. I cant think of a more Biblical doctrine than that.

but i am curious what this “candy coating” as you call it, is??

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Done it. Many a time. But im thinking you may be confused….. im a calvinist. I cant think of a more Biblical doctrine than that.

but i am curious what this “candy coating” as you call it, is??
"Candy Coating"
To explain something to someone else that's best suited to the flavour you like.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a parent uses some form of fear based punishment to curb their child's actions when they have done something wrong; it does not correct the child's bad behaviour. Rather it causes the child to learn better methods to hide their wrong behaviour.
Sorry to be butting in some 200 posts from where the thread has come thus far. If the issue has been resolved, just let me know. Thanks.

The parent and fear analogy is a good one...it's just not what this is. The world is not God's way of reprimand, hoping it will change some. People do that, even Christians preach with that hope. But that is not what God is doing.

The world is rather God's revelation of what "is." And yes, that would even include what may appear to be a change in some people, like salvation and coming to believe in God somewhere along the way. But His spelling out what "is" by slicing it into little pieces doesn't mean there is actually a timeline or process to the things of God--He's timeless. No, these are just baby steps of revelation for His children--because they are children. That's grace...not fear. Fear would be "Surprise--you loose!" Now that does not mean that it is not fearful or painful, or for that matter that drawing it out over time does not include an opportunity to change. But he who hesitates... Not a good plan. Not a good conclusion.

Again, this is God's mercy, His grace, the closest thing we have to a second chance. This is like the ghost of Christmas past--an opportunity to wake up in a better tomorrow, to change one's fate. Only God can offer that. That is what this is.

But if you are not reading the writing on the wall...perhaps it's not for you. In which case...you might thank Him anyway--even life in this world, such as it is, is a gift.

Reactions: Ziggy