Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While you two debate about whether I can see God or not in all that he made. Or if I am really guilty of willfully denying God or not on that basis. I'd like to point out that because you believe in Yahweh (Jesus) as a creator, then it would naturally follow that he would have created the heaven's and the earth (Star's and Moon)

Although why is it that the earth and universe Yahweh created knows only about as much as the inhabitants themselves know. There's no mention of all the other planets in motion in our own solar system except what was known by the natives of that ERA, no mention of other animals except what is known by the natives of that ERA.
Actually the book of Enoch talks about the solar system and how the sun and moon operate.
Enoch was the 7th from Adam whom walked with God and was not.
The NT mentions Enoch but it's not in the KJV Bible.
just sayin..

I like your new Avatar btw
:D
Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Actually the book of Enoch talks about the solar system and how the sun and moon operate.
Enoch was the 7th from Adam whom walked with God and was not.
The NT mentions Enoch but it's not in the KJV Bible.
just sayin..

I like your new Avatar btw
Hugs
The book of Enoch is not a book in the Old or New Testament Canon.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Enoch is not a book in the Old or New Testament Canon.
That's what I said..
kinda

But the mention of Enoch is:
Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Jde 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That's what I said..
kinda

But the mention of Enoch is:
Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Jde 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Hugs
Then why is not in the Bible today?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the Catholic Bible has a lot more books than the KJV.
There are seven books in the Catholic Bible — Baruch, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Sirach, Tobit and Wisdom — that are not included in the Protestant version of the Old Testament. These books are referred to as the deuterocanonical books.
Источник: What books are in the Catholic Bible that are not in the King James version?

The Book of Jasher
Book of Jasher, Chapter 1

I don't know these books. But the book of enoch I have read and listened to on youtube.
Maybe tonight I'll pick one and listen to it

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I know the Catholic Bible has a lot more books than the KJV.
There are seven books in the Catholic Bible — Baruch, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Sirach, Tobit and Wisdom — that are not included in the Protestant version of the Old Testament. These books are referred to as the deuterocanonical books.
Источник: What books are in the Catholic Bible that are not in the King James version?

The Book of Jasher
Book of Jasher, Chapter 1

I don't know these books. But the book of enoch I have read and listened to on youtube.
Maybe tonight I'll pick one and listen to it
If each person is going to defend their right for the freedom to believe what they want. Then so will I, without any objection from you or anyone else. Can you understand what that means.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If each person is going to defend their right for the freedom to believe what they want. Then so will I, without any objection from you or anyone else. Can you understand what that means.
okay...
Believe what you want. No one can stop you or change your mind if you don't want it.
I see you posted. I was simply adding that the universe is mentioned in the book of Enoch, and away we went...reeeee

I just want to say hello and say it's good to see you.
Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
okay...
Believe what you want. No one can stop you or change your mind if you don't want it.
I see you posted. I was simply adding that the universe is mentioned in the book of Enoch, and away we went...reeeee

I just want to say hello and say it's good to see you.
Hugs
Continuing on with this dilemma. How can each person have their own beliefs without it eventually conflicting with every other persons belief? Inevitably we all become drawn into a contest of biggest believer wins.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continuing on with this dilemma. How can each person have their own beliefs without it eventually conflicting with every other persons belief? Inevitably we all become drawn into a contest of biggest believer wins.
I think that's ego.
Everyone wants to be right.
And nobody wants to really listen.

Although we may find common ground on certain things to agree.
I believe that's the important thing..
finding things to agree upon and finding common ground.
Then you can build from there. Or not.

For starters:
In the beginning God.
You either believe it or you don't.
Then, if not God, then how? or what? or who?
But you have to start somewhere.
And then you have to explain why you believe what you believe, and boom, you run into more conflicts of beliefs.

I think every individual experiences life in their own individual way. Now and then you come across someone or a group of people that have had the same kinds of experiences. And that creates a bond. Some call it a cult. Or a culture.
And then you have split offs, where there comes a place where the similarities begin to differ.
Because people differ and their own experiences differ. Making my truth different from yours or the next guys.

I suppose one has to find the truth within themselves. And they have to be confident in that truth.
But as a person's life changes and their experiences change, so does their truth.
It's liquid. And it moves in a lot of different directions.

I would say, stop worrying about what everyone else believes and focus on what it is that you believe.
And if it changes, it changes. If it stays the same, so be it.
Only you know what you believe and if your adamant in your belief, nothing or no one is going to change it,
unless you want it to change. It's your mind. No one controls it but you.

Hugs

Reactions: Lambano

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

im a calvinist. Do you have any idea how many people on this forum think calvinism is heretical? Why do you think i only post in the non- christian section now? In the grand scheme of things, this particular forum as a whole, is basically a christian fight club. I know some people call this place the wild west. What you’re asking is the reason there are so many denominations in christianity. I have found reason as to why it is best to stick with your own kind.
I disagree with catholics, JW’s, mormons, methodists, baptists,episcopalian, pentecostals, and more. Im a presbyterian. If you search through the christian sections, you’ll see the same ole fights about baby baptism, once saved always saved, or communion.
I have found that simply hiding out in the non christian section is the only problem solving one can do around here.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im a calvinist. Do you have any idea how many people on this forum think calvinism is heretical? Why do you think i only post in the non- christian section now? In the grand scheme of things, this particular forum as a whole, is basically a christian fight club. I know some people call this place the wild west. What you’re asking is the reason there are so many denominations in christianity. I have found reason as to why it is best to stick with your own kind.
I disagree with catholics, JW’s, mormons, methodists, baptists,episcopalian, pentecostals, and more. Im a presbyterian. If you search through the christian sections, you’ll see the same ole fights about baby baptism, once saved always saved, or communion.
I have found that simply hiding out in the non christian section is the only problem solving one can do around here.
What is a calvanist?
I was born a catholic. My mom had me baptised in the catholic church and I made my first communion.
Later when I was 17 I was baptised in a southern baptist church.
I haven't been to any church for many a long year now.
And people say I am this and I am that, but I don't know what they are.
I don't know the differences in the denominations.

What makes calvanism different than say baptists?
And I ask this only because I am familiar with the fire and brimstone sermons.
Thank You
Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think that's ego.
Everyone wants to be right.
And nobody wants to really listen.

Although we may find common ground on certain things to agree.
I believe that's the important thing..
finding things to agree upon and finding common ground.
Then you can build from there. Or not.

For starters:
In the beginning God.
You either believe it or you don't.
Then, if not God, then how? or what? or who?
But you have to start somewhere.
And then you have to explain why you believe what you believe, and boom, you run into more conflicts of beliefs.

I think every individual experiences life in their own individual way. Now and then you come across someone or a group of people that have had the same kinds of experiences. And that creates a bond. Some call it a cult. Or a culture.
And then you have split offs, where there comes a place where the similarities begin to differ.
Because people differ and their own experiences differ. Making my truth different from yours or the next guys.

I suppose one has to find the truth within themselves. And they have to be confident in that truth.
But as a person's life changes and their experiences change, so does their truth.
It's liquid. And it moves in a lot of different directions.

I would say, stop worrying about what everyone else believes and focus on what it is that you believe.
And if it changes, it changes. If it stays the same, so be it.
Only you know what you believe and if your adamant in your belief, nothing or no one is going to change it,
unless you want it to change. It's your mind. No one controls it but you.

Hugs
I don't care about other people's personal beliefs, I care that they believe itself. Because they must have me believe what they believe. It wouldn't matter if their belief was that aliens talk with them, I'd still must believe them or be considered a non-believer that aliens are talking to them.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would it be love if a child believed he could skate on thin ice
and all i said to him was believe as you will . Then he gets on the ice and breaks through and drowns .
No , that is not love .
If a man knows the way which is right and yet will not try and help the other but lets them end in death
that is not love at all .
SO out of love i must remind all , BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST and You shall have life eternal forever with the KING
But believe not and the end is the second death .
IF we would warn children not to skate on thin ice
Should those who know the right way , just leave others to end up with the second death .
Cause i truly dont see love at all in that .
And thus out of great love i say again , BELIEVE in CHRIST JESUS and come and have eternal life .
THE eternal life that no man can earn nor buy , but THANK GOD for CHRIST the glorious grace of GOD .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care about other people's personal beliefs, I care that they believe itself. Because they must have me believe what they believe. It wouldn't matter if their belief was that aliens talk with them, I'd still must believe them or be considered a non-believer that aliens are talking to them.
Most people believe you need to stop at a red light. Others believe they can just ignore it.
Your fate is in your own hands friend.
What can I say?
Hugs

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people believe you need to stop at a red light. Others believe they can just ignore it.
Your fate is in your own hands friend.
What can I say?
Hugs
Exactly dear sister . The lambs beleive in the glorious risen savoir JESUS CHRIST . HE is our hope and our salvation .
Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD . The gift is free , JESUS Paid the price . COME one and come all
to the fount of living waters , whereby if one drinks thereof they shall never taste death .
Pointing to Christ brings me great joy indeed .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a calvanist?
I was born a catholic. My mom had me baptised in the catholic church and I made my first communion.
Later when I was 17 I was baptised in a southern baptist church.
I haven't been to any church for many a long year now.
And people say I am this and I am that, but I don't know what they are.
I don't know the differences in the denominations.

What makes calvanism different than say baptists?
And I ask this only because I am familiar with the fire and brimstone sermons.
Thank You
Hugs

well baptists can be calvinist also. Calvinism as a doctrine is about the steps of salvation. Up in the christian debate section, i made quite a few posts about it. The big sticking point for most concerning calvinism is the predestined thing, which is the U in TULIP, unconditional election. God chose who would be saved before He created the universe. So that means a person doesnt have the ability to chose God on their own. Only those God called can be saved.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care about other people's personal beliefs, I care that they believe itself.
I'm really trying to wrap my brain around this.
How can one live if they don't believe anything?
I put a coat on before I go outside because I believe it is cold outside.
I take an umbrella because I believe it will rain.

Explain to me HOW someone goes through life with no belief system