Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know much about schizophrenia to be honest. So im not aware of any belief having issues you may experience. All i can tell you is that my beliefs coincide with what is real.

is covid real? Yes. Do i believe it exists? Yes.
Is gravity or love real? Yes. Do i believe in them? Yes. Same goes for God. I know He exists, i know He is real. And i believe everything the Bible says about Him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It doesnt matter if you believe or not, God exists. Its not up for debate
i know this seems like a good idea, but i suggest that it is not, fwiw.
“Existence” implies “objective evidence,” so what is yours
Why would you believe something you know is real?
ezackly

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know this seems like a good idea, but i suggest that it is not, fwiw.
“Existence” implies “objective evidence,” so what is yours
ezackly

objective evidence? How about the sun, sky, grass, moon, animals, us? Someone made all of that and it wasnt us or monkeys or apes or fish with legs. How can one look around outside and not say that there is indeed a Creator?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
objective evidence? How about the sun, sky, grass, moon, animals, us?
these are not objective evidence, since others have valid objections
what you have there is circumstantial, subjective evidence

Someone made all of that and it wasnt us or monkeys or apes or fish with legs.
well that is the theory, yes, and i might even agree with you, but we have no proof of this

How can one look around outside and not say that there is indeed a Creator?
quite as easily as they can say, assuredly

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If each person is going to defend their right for the freedom to believe what they want. Then so will I, without any objection from you or anyone else. Can you understand what that means.
And yet, here you are. You came to us.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Now, that's an odd question.

What is the difference between "believing" and "knowing"?
The difference would be:
Does a pilot believe they can fly the plane, or do they know they can fly the plane.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
what you have there is circumstantial, subjective evidence

well that is the theory, yes, and i might even agree with you, but we have no proof of this

guess i gotta actually do some work today lol, so gotta run, but see how the senses are being engaged here in an attempt to "prove the existence" of Yah?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The same people who claim “valid” objections, are the same ones who also claim they can change their gender. The Bible put it best when it said that whoever denies there is a God, is a fool. I dont listen to fools. Do you?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The same people who claim “valid” objections, are the same ones who also claim they can change their gender.
well, unfort that is again subjective, since there are surely some who would agree with one and not the other, right?

The Bible put it best when it said that whoever denies there is a God, is a fool. I dont listen to fools. Do you?
well, a denial might only imply that ones specific definition of "God" is being rejected, but we were talking about "existence," which implies objective evidence, that fwiw the "I AM" passages also refute. "Existence" is a poor metric for Spirit, iow, is i think the point; one will necessarily be called into "proving" that existence, which cannot objectively be done.

furthermore, who would want to worship a Creator that they know, that exists, that can be proven? Those are called "gods," not "YHWH," which cannot even be pronounced, right? Even translated--rather than transliterated--"AEOU," the principle still applies.

i mean dont get me wrong, you are free to do that if you like, but it does not end well i dont think

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So basically you don't allow your mind to wander. You stay exclusively focused on your 5 senses. Touch, taste, smell, hear and sight.
Would you care to share your experiences with schizophrenia?
I'm reading a website right now that explains the symptoms, but doesn't really have an answer as to the cause.
If I show you the website I'm looking at, could you tell me if it is accurate in your circumstances?
Schizophrenia - Symptoms and causes

LISTEN, I'm not a doctor. I just want to be your friend.
And I want to be able to talk to you without offending you or making you feel uncomfortable.
And I would like to understand how we can have a discussion without animosity.
And I hear what your saying.

Hugs
Remind me next week after Wednesday about this post. Because my stress is fairly high being out on the streets. I need to be as chilled as possible when I respond to your questions.

Reactions: Ziggy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was post 240.
Here it is again:

The parent and fear analogy is a good one...it's just not what this is. The world is not God's way of reprimand, hoping it will change some. People do that, even Christians preach with that hope. But that is not what God is doing.

The world is rather God's revelation of what "is." And yes, that would even include what may appear to be a change in some people, like salvation and coming to believe in God somewhere along the way. But His spelling out what "is" by slicing it into little pieces doesn't mean there is actually a timeline or process to the things of God--He's timeless. No, these are just baby steps of revelation for His children--because they are children. That's grace...not fear. Fear would be "Surprise--you loose!" Now that does not mean that it is not fearful or painful, or for that matter that drawing it out over time does not include an opportunity to change. But he who hesitates... Not a good plan. Not a good conclusion.

Again, this is God's mercy, His grace, the closest thing we have to a second chance. This is like the ghost of Christmas past--an opportunity to wake up in a better tomorrow, to change one's fate. Only God can offer that. That is what this is.

But if you are not reading the writing on the wall...perhaps it's not for you. In which case...you might thank Him anyway--even life in this world, such as it is, is a gift.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remind me next week after Wednesday about this post. Because my stress is fairly high being out on the streets. I need to be as chilled as possible when I respond to your questions.
remind you? who's going to remind me? lol

Curiosity, what's the weather like?
It's starting to warm up a llittle in Maine. Spring is here.
finally.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Here it is again:

The parent and fear analogy is a good one...it's just not what this is. The world is not God's way of reprimand, hoping it will change some. People do that, even Christians preach with that hope. But that is not what God is doing.

The world is rather God's revelation of what "is." And yes, that would even include what may appear to be a change in some people, like salvation and coming to believe in God somewhere along the way. But His spelling out what "is" by slicing it into little pieces doesn't mean there is actually a timeline or process to the things of God--He's timeless. No, these are just baby steps of revelation for His children--because they are children. That's grace...not fear. Fear would be "Surprise--you loose!" Now that does not mean that it is not fearful or painful, or for that matter that drawing it out over time does not include an opportunity to change. But he who hesitates... Not a good plan. Not a good conclusion.

Again, this is God's mercy, His grace, the closest thing we have to a second chance. This is like the ghost of Christmas past--an opportunity to wake up in a better tomorrow, to change one's fate. Only God can offer that. That is what this is.

But if you are not reading the writing on the wall...perhaps it's not for you. In which case...you might thank Him anyway--even life in this world, such as it is, is a gift.
Why would I thank God, I mean it's God. God needs thanks? Why?

(Fine)

You have your understanding of the human instinct "fear" completely wrong. Experiencing fear is not a sign of weakness, and it's not something you need to conquer (Like it's an enemy) There's no man's worldly fear, and then God's spiritual fear. It's the same chemical reaction regardless of being pink, blue, black or orange...yeah.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference would be:
Does a pilot believe they can fly the plane, or do they know they can fly the plane.
Both, of course.

If you ask the pilot if he believes he can fly the plane, he’ll reply, “Of course I believe I can fly this plane because I know I can fly this plane.” Knowing is a subset of believing.

I gather you understand “believing” differently.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I thank God, I mean it's God. God needs thanks? Why?

(Fine)

You have your understanding of the human instinct "fear" completely wrong. Experiencing fear is not a sign of weakness, and it's not something you need to conquer (Like it's an enemy) There's no man's worldly fear, and then God's spiritual fear. It's the same chemical reaction regardless of being pink, blue, black or orange...yeah.
Yeah, you are the one who brought up fear. I guess the analogy is not working out for you?

Anyway, that was not my point at all (it was yours). My point was that you seemed to be groping about not knowing what the world was even for or how it works, and why a would be god would be doing what he is. I explained.