Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's a fair question though.
If there never was a bible or a scroll or a recording regarding God, how would we know God exists?
We know that we know because this knowledge has been passed down through many generations.

And just like science, recordings or "data" was passed on from generation to generation.
Otherwise we would still be drilling evil spirits out of people's heads.
And for some strange reason science believed it was evil spirits in the heads that needed drilling out.
Even science has it's foundation in a spiritual belief of some sort.
Science doesn't know where we came from, or what the Spirit in man is.
They're still searching for the answer.

The difference between science and faith in God, is that we know where we came from and where we are going.
Science needs to see it to believe it. Christians need to believe it to see it.

Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
so, fwiw, the fool has said in his heart "there is no God" is a commentary on the fool, at least as much as the lack of "existence" of Yah, i think

that would surely come under the heading of "eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil"
Think about this, really think about it.

What lead Eve to her decision making when choosing to listen to the serpent and take the fruit from the tree of knowledge? Before you answer, take into consideration that Eve did not have the understanding of discerning between a good idea and a evil idea. You might answer the following that the Lord God told Adam before hand not to take the fruit from the tree, and then he told Eve. But how did either of them discern what the Lord God said was good? How?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What lead Eve to her decision making when choosing to listen to the serpent and take the fruit from the tree of knowledge? Before you answer, take into consideration that Eve did not have the understanding of discerning between a good idea and a evil idea. You might answer the following that the Lord God told Adam before hand not to take the fruit from the tree, and then he told Eve. But how did either of them discern what the Lord God said was good? How?
We don't know how long Adam and Eve were in the garden with God before they chose to disobey.
We know that there was enough time to give all the animals a name. So it wasn't just poof here you are and poof I'm gone.
They would of had to been taught how to keep and tend the garden (as was the purpose for their being there) before God went to rest.

How was Eve able to discern the fruit was good?

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

She believed the snake instead of God. It wasn't a matter of discernment, but rather a matter of disobedience.
Hugs

Reactions: Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why was she having to define womanhood?
We're having issues at the moment with transgender men participating in women's sports.
And the women are getting upset because the men/ who claim they are women are beating their records, in weight lifting, swimming, running...
and making off with the trophies.
It's a question of fairness.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also that transgender boys are able to use the girls bathrooms and change clothes and shower in the gym...
there's a whole host of things happening here between what defines a male vs a female.
This particular nominee for Supreme Court Justice (highest law in the land) leans towards the progressive left, where anything goes.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if "left" in Australia is Liberal or Conservative.
Here in the States, left is liberal

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
She believed the snake instead of God. It wasn't a matter of discernment, but rather a matter of disobedience.
Hugs
She believed the serpent and took the fruit and then shared the belief with Adam and then he ate the fruit, then what happened after.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She believed the serpent and took the fruit and then shared the belief with Adam and then he ate the fruit, then what happened after.

then sin entered into the world, and adam and eve had to leave the garden, adam had to work, eve had to suffer childbirth pains, and paradise was lost.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Liberal is meant to be more to the right (but really is a mix, there are a few right wing libs, most are centre, and then there are left wing libs), Labor left/far left and Greens far left.

Reactions: Ziggy

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That helps me understand something..in the U.K. we have three main parties conservative, labour and liberal. So your liberal is the left, where as ours isn’t !!
Years ago it was conservative for the richer people, labour for the working class and the the liberal were kind of in the middle. Those lines have somewhat changed.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I call it mirror/mirror.
We have 3 parties. Republican, Democrat, Independent.

I know in European countries including Canada, (only because they're on this side the pond)
that they're parties are the opposite of what they are here in the states.
So when you hear right wing neo-nazi's in Ukraine, that is our left wing woke liberals like antifa.

9bc7221990c518af6cb39d61f6704b28d04a29a68434b0723308faec1270d5ed.jpg

In European countries Red represents Liberal and Blue represents Conservative. In the States it's the opposite.
And I think it was created that way so eventually when people lost interest in politics, average citizens,
that talk about Liberals and Conservatives, there would be confusion.
There are no coincidences.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe this thread is about Adam and Eve, but rather the challenge on why one believes in God?
And then it went to a man writing a book. And then I moved the conversation towards science.
Which basically does have a circular reasoning.

Let's go back before they ate. Everything was good. I believe God left them directions how to keep and tend the garden.
Let's call these "laws" . But these laws didn't contain do not's, they only contained the do's. Do this and you will be blessed.
And they lived their lives in peace and grace. They were "naked" (nothing to hide, no sin) before the Lord.

He did give them one commandment. Don't follow after the beast. Basically, don't turn your back on me.
And after they ate, all hell broke loose.
They realised they had sinned, they were guilty, they were (naked) before the Lord.

You can look at the before they ate the fruit, they were walking by faith.
And after they ate the fruit, they were walking by science.

When God created Adam and Eve the plan was complete. This Eden, paradise, is what we call heaven.
When they ate the fruit, the earth became void/chaotic and full of darkness/evil.

They fell from grace, they fell from heaven, they walked by sight, they followed the desires of the flesh.

This is where we are today. The bible calls it leaning on our own understanding, rather than trusting God and his commandments.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Is there a difference between a commandment and a law?

Command:
tsâvâh, tsaw-vaw'; a primitive root; (intensively) to constitute, enjoin:—appoint, (for-) bid, (give a) charge, (give a, give in, send with) command(-er, -ment), send a messenger, put, (set) in order.

Exo 12:49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

tôwrâh, to-raw'; or תֹּרָה tôrâh; from H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch:—law.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The day Adam and Eve ate the fruit they fell under the law.

That's what happened after.

The law that led to death vs the commandment that led to life.
They chose death.

Hugs

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

oh, the same way a baby learns what “burn” means, i guess

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy