Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here are 2 that say plainly that those who are born again will be with Jesus at the end.

Sounds like in your mind you believe Christians can live in sin... and they will still go to Heaven.

Since this is your position, you agree that there is such a thing as gay christians? Child molesting christians? Lying christians? Theiving christians? Cracxk smoking christians? Abortion supporting christians?

Sounds like in your view christians are just like sinners and can enjoy the pleasures of this life living in all the sin that can muster and still be in right standing with the Lord!

Apparently you think one can abide IN Christ and living in sin and Jesus just winks at it cause Jesus has no problem with people rejecting Him in favor of serving their sin and it's all good in the hood... in fact, you might even think Jesus was a sinner right?

IF you were to claim Jesus never sinned... WHY would you think it's OK for Christians to live in sin?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like in your view christians are just like sinners and can enjoy the pleasures of this life living in all the sin that can muster and still be in right standing with the Lord!
Well, it sounds to me that you are more interested in "scoring points" off of others by misrepresenting them than in having a fruitful or honest discussion. I've thought that for a while now, that's why I don't engage with you.

Misrepresentation, that's just a polite word for lying about others. Can you think of another word for someone who tells lies about others? I can think of one in particular.
Sounds like in your mind you believe Christians can live in sin... and they will still go to Heaven.
Do you think you are "going to Heaven"?

Revelation 22:15 KJV
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

What do you think?

Much love!

Reactions: Ritajanice

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misrepresentation, that's just a polite word for lying about others

I'm not misrepresenting the OSAS message which is fake gospel.
If you think correction concerning someone pointing out OSAS is false doctrine is lying... then that's on you.

The fact of the matter is... if one is going to hold to the OSAS message, they are admitting that if a Christian decides to live in sin they are still saved and will still go to Heaven... you can't get away from that because you espouse OSAS doctrine.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, it sounds to me that you are more interested in "scoring points" off of others by misrepresenting them than in having a fruitful or honest discussion. I've thought that for a while now, that's why I don't engage with you.
Me too...imho...he’s in complete “ IGNORANCE “ of the Living word of God.

I also make no apologies for calling him “ IGNORANT”.....

Proverbs 26:4-14​

4 Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.
5 Be sure to answer the foolish arguments of fools, or they will become wise in their own estimation.
6 Trusting a fool to convey a message is like cutting off one’s feet or drinking poison!
7 A proverb in the mouth of a fool is as useless as a paralyzed leg.
8 Honoring a fool is as foolish as tying a stone to a slingshot.
9 A proverb in the mouth of a fool is like a thorny branch brandished by a drunk.
10 An employer who hires a fool or a bystander is like an archer who shoots at random.
11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness.
12 There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise.
13 The lazy person claims, “There’s a lion on the road! Yes, I’m sure there’s a lion out there!”
14 As a door swings back and forth on its hinges, so the lazy person turns over in bed.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not misrepresenting the OSAS message which is fake gospel.
No, you are lying about what others believe. There are a few like you on this forum right now. Posting about holiness and sinlessness all the while revealing yourselves to others, and showing how that does not apply to you.

There's a word for that also, do you know what it is?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that if a Christian decides to live in sin
Isn't that what you've decided? I know that I and others have called your attention to this dishonesty of yours, yet you continue in it.

Meanwhile, you can make up as many hypotheticals as you like, and none of them will be reality, only your word games to push your point. Don't expect me to own your what if's.

Let's talk about what is.

You tell lies about others, and what of it? You post over and over mocking misrepresentations of others. Do you truly suppose that is righteousness? I don't.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are lying about what others believe.

No, I'm stating what OSAS doctrine teaches and others get upset calming they don't believe what the OSAS people believe, then turn around and say they do.

That's one earmark we can always count in is double speak by adherents of OSAS cause they don't seem to be able to be stoppin the floppin.

Do you truly suppose that is righteousness?

OSAS doctrine is not righteous... so REPENT!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to remember . . . I've read your posts for myself.

Man up and own your words.

Much love!

Folks should actually walk in Love... which is keeping the Lord's commandments!
Rather than just posting it as their signature...

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

This is another verse the OSAS peoples like to ignore and claim this is teaching works... so OSAS people probably give this verse the Benjamin Franklin treatment and cut this one out of their bibles... you knows of them that actually have bibles.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks should actually walk in Love... which is keeping the Lord's commandments!
Rather than just posting it as their signature...

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

This is another verse the OSAS peoples like to ignore and claim this is teaching works... so OSAS people probably give this verse the Benjamin Franklin treatment and cut this one out of their bibles... you knows of them that actually have bibles.
Sometimes love means telling people things they don't want to hear. If you are wise you will listen.

It's up to you.

Wisdom is justified by her children.

I don't think there's anything more I have need to say to you.

Much love!

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
I agree, but I'm not sure if that argument holds water.

Can the Devil take your physical life? (kill you) ???
Does that mean you can't lose it?

Yes, but did he do that without permission?

/
Sorry, back home from our Branson vacation which gave me lots of time to come here and play with God's kids on the Kingdom's playground. :Broadly:

Permission from WHO? Do only non Christians die every day and go to HADES, according to Paul. I think not. That's why translators kind of hid that Greek word from the NOMINAL BIBLE scholars...whoever 'they' might be.
No scripture I'm aware of saying God or Jesus kills anyone in the new covenant. But if you got one, let me know.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree, but I'm not sure if that argument holds water.

Can the Devil take your physical life? (kill you) ???
Does that mean you can't lose it?

/
The point is that it is a spiritual reality. If the Devil is defeated spiritually, then that which you have spiritually is safe.

The Devil can kill, he frequently does - but all he can kill is the physical.

If the Devil could kill spiritually, even God could lose His salvation.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Hillsage

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam.
He made a deal with the devil for us.

/
Been seeking a word and this is what I heard;
Adam made no deal with the enemy.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,…

Gen 3:14 God said unto the serpent, Because you have done this,…
dust shall you eat all the days of your life

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam made no deal with the enemy.
Maybe "deal" is the wrong word. ???
Is there not a "contract" made when we agree with a lie from the enemy?

Is not all of humankind held accountable for Adam's action/inaction?

For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. - 1 Corinthians 15:22 NIV

/

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe "deal" is the wrong word. ???
Is there not a "contract" made when we agree with a lie from the enemy?

Is not all of humankind held accountable for Adam's action/inaction?

For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. - 1 Corinthians 15:22 NIV

/
I think "contract"/ COVENANT is correct. And scripturally, we are talking about the covenant that 'adam had with God called "The law of sin and death".

ROM 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me FREE from the law of sin and death.

As for the nominal churches belief that Adam/Eve died 'spiritually that day', that is wrong. A spirit cannot die. That's why the spirit of Christ Jesus went and preached to THE SPIRITS of those whose bodies died in the days of Noah.

And since spirits are eternal the only thing MORTAL that could die from sin were the soul and body. The word "FREE" in the verse above has an interesting definition.

"FREE" 1659 eleutheroo: to liberate, i.e. (fig.) to exempt (from moral, cereremonial or MORTAL LIABILITY)
Also used in Joh 8:32, 8:36 Rom 6:18, 22, 8:2, 8:21, Gal 5:1

The 'law of sin and death' was, and has been, broken by the sin of 'mankind'. It just started with the first man and woman. 120 'adam.....and not just the male named 'Adam.

SRN 0120 'adam; ruddy,i.e. a human being (an individual , or the species mankind, etc.)
SRN 0121 'Adam; Adam, the name of the first man, also of a place in Palestine.

The priority of God and Noah's Ark was focused not on what was to be destroyed (the sum of all humanity, who were not on the boat), but on what was being built (the boat preserving the salvation of ALL humanity past and future). IMO IMO IMHO...& my heretical POV. :woohoo!:

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the nominal churches belief that Adam/Eve died 'spiritually that day' is wrong. A spirit cannot die. That's why Jesus the Christ went and preached to THE SPIRITS of those whose bodies died in the days of Noah.
Weren't we spiritually dead before God made us spiritually alive?
Spiritual death is different than physical death, as I understand it.

• Ephesians 2:1
    As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

• Colossians 2:13
    When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh,
    God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

/

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since spirits are eternal the only thing MORTAL that could die from sin were the soul and body. The word "FREE" in the verse above has an interesting definition.
Can we really apply the term MORTAL to anything outside the physical realm?
Meaning, we can be dead spiritually?

/

Status
Not open for further replies.