Love The Sinner Hate The Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it seem like a lot of Christians don't know how to do this? If they have a disagreement with somebody on something they don't like about them they tend to show hate towards that person. :(

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure we should love the sinner and just hate the sin. I know it's a modern saying and many times in the good past punishment came with sin, no one in the past got away with things but now that evangelicalism has come with the kitschy phrase now people get away with all kinds of things. Jesus said what was what even calling some bad names like the pharisees and driving sinners out with a whip not suffering sin so He could love the sinner.

When someone had repentance in their heart like the who washed His feet with her tears, than He loved. I think Christians have become to soft. These are my thoughts

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it seem like a lot of Christians don't know how to do this? If they have a disagreement with somebody on something they don't like about them they tend to show hate towards that person. :(
I've experienced this myself from some believers.

Even in cases where they have not sinned, some Christians seem to have a real lack of love towards people that they disagree with.

Reactions: April_Rose