Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

1 John 4:18

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

(I don't know what I'm doing)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saw a video about a person who went to just buy some food and the server was nice and kind to them.

Mentioning how we as human beings have this power (which by the spirit of Christ most certainly ) where we can pass on something to another. By the way one interacts and holds themselves.

By the spirit of Christ one can pass on ; prayer, kindness, joy, peace, compassion, mercy, long suffering, gentleness, forbearance, encouragement. Heavenly things.

By the flesh (though we have our own interest watching tv, reading books, movies, spending time with children if you have them, cooking, doing laundry and work and all those things) but one can also pass on darkness, negativity, which brings down a person instead of that which lifts up.

Then one also have the choice of indifference.

Thought I would share that with you all.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saw a video about a person who went to just buy some food and the server was nice and kind to them.

Mentioning how we as human beings have this power (which by the spirit of Christ most certainly ) where we can pass on something to another. By the way one interacts and holds themselves.

By the spirit of Christ one can pass on ; prayer, kindness, joy, peace, compassion, mercy, long suffering, gentleness, forbearance, encouragement. Heavenly things.

By the flesh (though we have our own interest watching tv, reading books, movies, spending time with children if you have them, cooking, doing laundry and work and all those things) but one can also pass on darkness, negativity, which brings down a person instead of that which lifts up.

Then one also have the choice of indifference.

Thought I would share that with you all.
Yes negativity and focusing on someones faults is a trait I used to use often to gain friends. Discussing others faults. I learned that it lead to depression and dark feelings. Like Starwars (LOL) and the force, there is a dark side.

Love though focuses on solutions to problems one encounters and stays positive. And for people who offend: hope in people that they can change and praying for them, patience in long suffering. And love brings peace.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should also point out that Love may mean letting someone know of their faults, and then we have the responsibility, if the situation allows for it, to provide the solution, which is always doing as Jesus commanded us:

Matthew 18:15-17

New International Version

Dealing With Sin in the Church
15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

1 John 4:18

tenor.gif

Yet in order to love Jehovah one must "fear" Him. That is where language skills come in maam, many associate Biblical fear with being scared of, or afraid, which is not the case. Most Biblical fear can be defined as reverential respect.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet in order to love Jehovah one must "fear" Him. That is where language skills come in maam, many associate Biblical fear with being scared of, or afraid, which is not the case. Most Biblical fear can be defined as reverential respect.
Abraham Heschel wrote a book titled, God in Search of Man. (It was a good book, but my dog chewed it up before I could finish it.) Rabbi Heschel defines the Hebrew word יִרְאַת ("yirah") used in the famous Proverbs 1:7 verse as incorporating a wide range of emotions from awe, reverence, fascination, wonder, and yes, real fear as when one finds oneself in the presence of incomparable power. I've felt that one time in my entire life and I'll never forget it.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed.

- John Newton, Amazing Grace

Perfect love casts out fear. @Fluffy, you described the feeling of being greatly loved by God. Please remember that love, even when (especially when!) life gets hard and things get dark. That's an important part of the Shield of Faith.

(P.S. The Veggie Tales GIF is terrific.)

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfect love casts out fear. @Fluffy, you described the feeling of being greatly loved by God. Please remember that love, even when (especially when!) life gets hard and things get dark. That's an important part of the Shield of Faith.
Yes!!! I have been focusing on the goodness of God to help me get through and overcome. And the love.

I am starting to realize why he wanted me to know those his goodness and his love so much.

1. Praise - He wants everybody to know.
2. Trust - In order to trust Him, I need to know his character and who He is.
3. ... To grasp, how wide, how deep, how vast His love is.

Look what I found. Remember wheb I said "rechargeable faith batteries"?

eph-3-14-21-recharge-picture_orig.jpg

Ephesians 3:14-21. “Recharge”.

They make more sense than I do.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham Heschel wrote a book titled, God in Search of Man. (It was a good book, but my dog chewed it up before I could finish it.) Rabbi Heschel defines the Hebrew word יִרְאַת ("yirah") used in the famous Proverbs 1:7 verse as incorporating a wide range of emotions from awe, reverence, fascination, wonder, and yes, real fear as when one finds oneself in the presence of incomparable power. I've felt that one time in my entire life and I'll never forget it.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed.

- John Newton, Amazing Grace

(P.S. The Veggie Tales GIF is terrific.)

A better definition than I gave sir, thanks for describing it even better.