Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ... the Gospel is an invitation.
Obeying the Gospel would mean to obey Jesus, for it is His Gospel.
Obeying Jesus is to obey His commandments.
Obeying Jesus is done because one loves Jesus (John 14:15, 21, 23, 24).

Obeying the gospel is to place your faith in Jesus unto receiving the Holy Ghost (Galatians 3:14), by whom the love of God will be shed abroad in your heart (Romans 5:5); and then practically worked out within your life (1 John 3:17-18).

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying the gospel is to place your faith in Jesus unto receiving the Holy Ghost (Galatians 3:14), by whom the love of God will be shed abroad in your heart (Romans 5:5); and then practically worked out within your life (1 John 3:17-18).

Could you explain how one specifically places their Faith in Jesus to receive His Spirit?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures to look at are 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 11:9-13, and Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

Believing that Jesus died for you, was buried, and rose again, is the first step to receiving the Holy Ghost.

The next step is to ask, seek, and knock.

When in doubt, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will subject themselves to baptism (in water) in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins. Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12, 1 Peter 3:20-21, Act of the Apostles 2:38-39, Romans 8:30.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures to look at are 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 11:9-13, and Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

Believing that Jesus died for you, was buried, and rose again, is the first step to receiving the Holy Ghost.

The next step is to ask, seek, and knock.

When in doubt, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will subject themselves to baptism (in water) in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins. Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12, 1 Peter 3:20-21, Act of the Apostles 2:38-39, Romans 8:30.

Thanks Jbf,
Believing in what Christ did and promises along with water baptism, can't result in the Spirit of Christ being sealed into us. That's not NT saving Faith!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Jbf,
Believing in what Christ did and promises along with water baptism, can't result in the Spirit of Christ being sealed into us. That's not NT saving Faith!
Really? Then what is?

I'm not saying that baptism (in water) in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, is absolutely essential for salvation; I am saying that it can be a point of contact for saving faith.

Is the addition of water baptism the thing that stumbles you?

What of believing in Christ and His promises alone? Would you say that that is saving faith?

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Then what is?

I'm not saying that baptism (in water) in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, is absolutely essential for salvation; I am saying that it can be a point of contact for saving faith.

Is the addition of water baptism the thing that stumbles you?

What of believing in Christ and His promises alone? Would you say that that is saving faith?

No your way off.
Your not really interested are you? Your content in your believing, right?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No your way off.
Your not really interested are you? Your content in your believing, right?
I'm interested in what you have to say about the matter.

What is NT saving faith?

If you say that one must have works in order to have saving faith, I would have to disagree with you. Romans 4:6 is clear that the Lord imputes righteousness without (apart from) works.

Works are the result of a saving faith; but they don't save: they cannot produce the work of the Holy Spirit within you that we call regeneration and renewal.

That can only be accomplished by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ through a living faith in Him.

Such a faith apprehends the love of the Lord (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5), which will work itself out practically in the life of the believer (1 John 3:17-18).

But it is not the working out of the faith that is salvational. It is the faith itself (in which a person receives Jesus not as Saviour only; but also as Lord) that is salvational. Faith alone that saves; but "faith that saves is never alone."

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm interested in what you have to say about the matter.

What is NT saving faith?

If you say that one must have works in order to have saving faith, I would have to disagree with you. Romans 4:6 is clear that the Lord imputes righteousness without (apart from) works.

Works are the result of a saving faith; but they don't save: they cannot produce the work of the Holy Spirit within you that we call regeneration and renewal.

That can only be accomplished by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ through a living faith in Him.

Such a faith apprehends the love of the Lord (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5), which will work itself out practically in the life of the believer (1 John 3:17-18).

But it is not the working out of the faith that is salvational. It is the faith itself (in which a person receives Jesus not as Saviour only; but also as Lord) that is salvational. Faith alone that saves; but "faith that saves is never alone."

Let me ask you, how do you come to they determination that Faith applied doesn't have work, courage, and effort associated with it. And we're just talking about the application of Faith, pisteuo in the Greek, a verb! Not Grace!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a definite work of faith (1 Thessalonians 1:3).

So I don't say that at all.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a definite work of faith (1 Thessalonians 1:3).

So I don't say that at all.

Well describe your understanding of how Faith is applied at the very beginning of the salvation journey.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well describe your understanding of how Faith is applied at the very beginning of the salvation journey.
A person, at the beginning, is walking in the direction of sin, death, and hell.

In my own life, I took a 180-degree turn from that direction and started heading towards righteousness, life, and heaven.

We place our faith in what Jesus did for us on the Cross so that we can be forgiven of our sin(s).

We appropriate it to ourselves by believing that it was done for me, <insert name>, personally.

We simply put our trust in Him. I don't know how to tell you how to do that. It is just something that you do.

I will say this: that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of the Lord (Romans 10:17).

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person, at the beginning, is walking in the direction of sin, death, and hell.

In my own life, I took a 180-degree turn from that direction and started heading towards righteousness, life, and heaven.

We place our faith in what Jesus did for us on the Cross so that we can be forgiven of our sin(s).

We appropriate it to ourselves by believing that it was done for me, <insert name>, personally.

We simply put our trust in Him. I don't know how to tell you how to do that. It is just something that you do.

I will say this: that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of the Lord (Romans 10:17).

You said, " we place our Faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross."

What Jesus did on the cross is the " occasion" for Faith, but can't be the "object" of Faith. The object of Faith, or the application of Faith has to be in Christ Himself, a real living person.

We do that by faithing, or pisteuo in the Greek. Pisteuo is defined as a" personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender. " As per the Vines Greek dictionary.

NT saving Faith, pisteuo, is a Continually surrendered life. Every day, all day . The continually surrendered life is the covenant, the contract, the personal relationship with Him. At the beginning of the salvation journey, the application of Faith has nothing to do with God's word or His promises.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no salvation apart from being justified by His blood (Romans 5:9), through faith in His blood (Romans 5:1, Romans 3:25).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the beginning of the salvation journey, the application of Faith has nothing to do with God's word or His promises.
It has everything to do with God's promises to you.

How did it apply to Abraham? Abraham believed in the Lord's promise, that his seed would be as the sand on the seashore; and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no salvation apart from being justified by His blood (Romans 5:9), through faith in His blood (Romans 5:1, Romans 3:25).

Faithing in His blood won't work! Has to be in Christ Himself. A surrender isn't a surrender if your expecting something in return. That would be a business deal or vending machine kind of Faith.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has everything to do with God's promises to you.

How did it apply to Abraham? Abraham believed in the Lord's promise, that his seed would be as the sand on the seashore; and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.

No , Abraham's Pisteuo was in God Himself, not His promises.

It even mentions Abraham's Faith in the Vines Greek dictionary defining pisteuo. His promises are the " occasion" for Faith but not the object of Faith.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faithing in His blood won't work! Has to be in Christ Himself. A surrender isn't a surrender if your expecting something in return. That would be a business deal or vending machine kind of Faith.
A lie from the pit of hell.

Salvation is only through faith in Jesus' shed blood on the Cross of Calvary.

[Rom 5:9 KJV] 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

[Rom 5:1 KJV] 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

[Rom 3:25 KJV] 25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , Abraham's Pisteuo was in God Himself, not His promises.

It even mentions Abraham's Faith in the Vines Greek dictionary defining pisteuo. His promises are the " occasion" for Faith but not the object of Faith.
I find your statement to be inaccurate to what the holy scriptures teach.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lie from the pit of hell.

Salvation is only through faith in Jesus' shed blood on the Cross of Calvary.

[Rom 5:9 KJV] 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

[Rom 5:1 KJV] 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

[Rom 3:25 KJV] 25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Sorry, has to be in Christ Himself.

At the beginning of the salvation journey, we don't have the Spirit of Christ yet. So Christ ( His blood) , His word and the promises in His word are not ours to claim yet.