Lucifer was not the highest ranked angel in heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are told in scripture that he was a cherubim. I believe the seraphim order of angels were higher than he was. I think the angels that surround the throne of God proclaiming "Holy Holy Holy" in Revelation were seraphim and were higher in rank than he was.

Do you believe he was the highest angel in heaven before the creation of earth and man? Why?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
‘The most powerful man in the world’ is not literally so. How Lucifer became so influential is well understood.
1 Who is the most powerful man in the world?
2 How did Lucifer become so influential?

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Metatron angels is higher we know that Lucifer is not he's real name Lucifer has another name he's name is latin. Meaning lightbringer are their toher angels who may havehgiher ranking we do not know for sure.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I've read, Metatron is not mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures,but is in the Talmud.

Also, just to add to the thread
PSALM 99:1 The LORD reigneth; let the people tremble:
He sitteth between the cherubims;
let the earth be moved.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Metatron on the talmud but not in the bible other angels do exist but they are not in the bible some sources are nt sure of samael name but still Lucifer is not he's real name.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Know we worhsip G-d not the angels theya re only his servants keep you eyes onJesus he saves us not angels.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe he was the highest angel in heaven before the creation of earth and man?
Since creation followed the sequence given in Genesis 1 and 2, it is likely that the angels were created on the 4th day, when the stars were also created (angels are often called stars and vice versa). So Lucifer -- a cherub -- was created after the earth and before man.

However, it is purely your assumption that the seraphim rank higher than the cherubim. If anything the cherubim are the ones who support the throne of God so they could be on an equal footing with the seraphim. But the archangels would be the highest ranking. In any event, Satan (formerly Lucifer) is the highest ranking angel among all the evil angels (Rev 12) and he is the one who disputed with Michael the archangel regarding the body of Moses (Jude 1), as well as the standing of Joshua the high priest before God (Zech 3). The Hebrew ha Satan means "Adversary" and this is the chief adversary of God and man.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since creation followed the sequence given in Genesis 1 and 2, it is likely that the angels were created on the 4th day, when the stars were also created (angels are often called stars and vice versa). So Lucifer -- a cherub -- was created after the earth and before man.

However, it is purely your assumption that the seraphim rank higher than the cherubim. If anything the cherubim are the ones who support the throne of God so they could be on an equal footing with the seraphim. But the archangels would be the highest ranking. In any event, Satan (formerly Lucifer) is the highest ranking angel among all the evil angels (Rev 12) and he is the one who disputed with Michael the archangel regarding the body of Moses (Jude 1), as well as the standing of Joshua the high priest before God (Zech 3). The Hebrew ha Satan means "Adversary" and this is the chief adversary of God and man.
There is also tradition that says Lucifer was an archangel himself. And yes, he would be the highest ranking among the evil angels as he is their leader. That's pretty obvious. If the cherubim and seraphim are of equal rank then what exactly distinguishes them in your view?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told in scripture that he was a cherubim. I believe the seraphim order of angels were higher than he was. I think the angels that surround the throne of God proclaiming "Holy Holy Holy" in Revelation were seraphim and were higher in rank than he was.

Do you believe he was the highest angel in heaven before the creation of earth and man? Why?
That is a great question Friend. You are correct there is rank structure in heaven, we learned that by the account recorded for us in Job 1:6. I fear that it will be unanswerable sir. I think you will find that until Jesus there was no listing of position. I believe the first recorded account of position is when Jesus presented his sacrifice to Jehovah, in which the prophecy recorded at Ps 110:1 was fulfilled. Jesus stated at Mat 28:18 that all authority had been given him, so when he sat at Jehovah's right side he had the highest position an angel can attain. We believe he is the Archangel. 1 Cor 11:3
Archangel of course means the highest angel, and Michael is the only one who has that title.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not about rankings.
It’s about ego, or, the facade of being a separate self & the unwillingness to be parallel, and therein… to simply be yourself.