made to believe and what to believe

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and nothing in the Bible supersedes that statement, actually its about the fulfillment of that statement. so anything you might be thinking in scripture contrary to that, you are mistaken in its meaning.

Jesus is the contract, according to God, everything else is within the context of that contract.
k as long as you ignore the First Son and the Good Samaritan then, you will be fine i guess

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no Job you are saying it, and saying that the bible is saying it.

You are correct. I'm saying what the bible is saying.

The bible is crystal clear on this issue. If you can't see it, there's nothing I can do about that. Your disagreement is with the Lord, not me, since all I did was repeat what has been written.

Maybe you could ask you tag team partner for assistance.

o

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct. I'm saying what the bible is saying.

The bible is crystal clear on this issue. If you can't see it, there's nothing I can do about that. Your disagreement is with the Lord, not me, since all I did was repeat what has been written.

Maybe you could ask you tag team partner for assistance.

o
that isn't what I said is it? are you going to be honest, or just play chess with words? surly by using part of what I said to mean what pleases you just maybe what you are doing with scripture.

and I was only joking about tag team, so that beeeeb attitude is on you bub.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that isn't what I said is it? are you going to be honest, or just play chess with words? surly by using part of what I said to mean what pleases you just maybe what you are doing with scripture.

and I was only joking about tag team, so that beeeeb attitude is on you bub.

I can't help it if you are unable to see it.

o

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't help it if you are unable to see it.

o

no job

I can see what you're selling, the standard feel good to those who would not know otherwise, that those they may care about that haven't heard the Gosple might be saved. many long standing churches have been dishing that one out for quite some time.

thing is the same man that says what you posted and intuprited to mean what you want, says this:

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

which is contrary to your interpretation of you previous post, but not contrary to scripture nor the Foundation thereof, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

the house fits on the foundation otherwise its incorrect, and its not a part of the house to be on the foundation. Paul is a part of that structure that is set on the Foundation. anything contrary to the foundation is false.

and I reiterate these principle fondational things said by the Foundation:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

in this case with me, you're just trying to BS a BSer, for whatever reason, maybe to save face, winning the argument in frount of others, or have the last word like most women like to do, but it ain't working.

have a nice day

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in this case with me, you're just trying to BS a BSer, for whatever reason, maybe to save face, winning the argument in frount of others, or have the last word like most women like to do, but it ain't working.

Why did you post that passage from Romans? It doesn't contradict anything I've posted. I know you believe it does but it doesn't.

Perhaps you would like to interpret that passage? Show me where I'm wrong.

o

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you post that passage from Romans? It doesn't contradict anything I've posted. I know you believe it does but it doesn't.

Perhaps you would like to interpret that passage? Show me where I'm wrong.

o
@DPMartin

o

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice. imo you are using the term "believe" here as a synonym for "have faith," is that right?

I have posted this statement before, In the 10 commandments, the first words are I AM, to me this is indicative, and I think God was relating to the fact! Believe, I AM believe in Me, the rest of the Commandments are Imperative, If you Believe, then you must keep the rest. I am not trying to get any one to keep these, only responding to Faith and or Believe. we all know that Faith and Trust are synonymous. Yes I think Believe comes first, then Faith abounds the more we trust the greater the Faith!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
no Job you are saying it, and saying that the bible is saying it. all of creation and its creatures know it's creator through His Word there is no other way. that same Word in the beginning is the same as Jesus Christ. Abraham knew Jesus, but he didn't know His name. simple. the faith and the hope is the same. therefore those who didn't receive the revelation, like Abraham like all of Israel at MT Sinai, so on and so forth will not receive the blessing therein. Jesus says plainly:

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

hence unacceptable to be in the Presence of God. also whatever Paul says doesn't supersede what the Lord says:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

also what is of heaven returns or is in heaven, that which is not of heaven does not go to heaven. what is of God returns to God what is of the earth (man dust to dust ashes to ashes) returns to the earth.

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

and don't forget as Paul says, flesh cannot inherit heaven.

what you seem to be promoting here is the Catholicism feel theology that all men are God's children. that ain't so.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

and nothing in the Bible supersedes that statement, actually its about the fulfillment of that statement. so anything you might be thinking in scripture contrary to that, you are mistaken in its meaning.

Jesus is the contract, according to God, everything else is within the context of that contract.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

all this and much else nonsense resulting because most have thrown out the baby with the bath water - the truth of the matter is exactly as stated, as above at Jn.3:3 which in itself is misunderstood and misinterpreted and not really accepted or believed - if interested ask for correct info - twinc