1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

made to believe and what to believe

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality Forum' started by DPMartin, Jul 6, 2017.

1. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    k as long as you ignore the First Son and the Good Samaritan then, you will be fine i guess

2. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You are correct. I'm saying what the bible is saying.

The bible is crystal clear on this issue. If you can't see it, there's nothing I can do about that. Your disagreement is with the Lord, not me, since all I did was repeat what has been written.

Maybe you could ask you tag team partner for assistance.

o

3. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"ByGrace" likes this.
  4. DPMartin

DPMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    that isn't what I said is it? are you going to be honest, or just play chess with words? surly by using part of what I said to mean what pleases you just maybe what you are doing with scripture.

and I was only joking about tag team, so that beeeeb attitude is on you bub.

5. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

I can't help it if you are unable to see it.

o

6. DPMartin

DPMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

no job

I can see what you're selling, the standard feel good to those who would not know otherwise, that those they may care about that haven't heard the Gosple might be saved. many long standing churches have been dishing that one out for quite some time.

thing is the same man that says what you posted and intuprited to mean what you want, says this:

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

which is contrary to your interpretation of you previous post, but not contrary to scripture nor the Foundation thereof, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

the house fits on the foundation otherwise its incorrect, and its not a part of the house to be on the foundation. Paul is a part of that structure that is set on the Foundation. anything contrary to the foundation is false.

and I reiterate these principle fondational things said by the Foundation:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

in this case with me, you're just trying to BS a BSer, for whatever reason, maybe to save face, winning the argument in frount of others, or have the last word like most women like to do, but it ain't working.

have a nice day

7. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why did you post that passage from Romans? It doesn't contradict anything I've posted. I know you believe it does but it doesn't.

Perhaps you would like to interpret that passage? Show me where I'm wrong.

o

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  8. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @DPMartin

o

9. Truth

Truth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I have posted this statement before, In the 10 commandments, the first words are I AM, to me this is indicative, and I think God was relating to the fact! Believe, I AM believe in Me, the rest of the Commandments are Imperative, If you Believe, then you must keep the rest. I am not trying to get any one to keep these, only responding to Faith and or Believe. we all know that Faith and Trust are synonymous. Yes I think Believe comes first, then Faith abounds the more we trust the greater the Faith!

10. twinc

twinc Active Member

United Kingdom

11. twinc

twinc Active Member

United Kingdom

all this and much else nonsense resulting because most have thrown out the baby with the bath water - the truth of the matter is exactly as stated, as above at Jn.3:3 which in itself is misunderstood and misinterpreted and not really accepted or believed - if interested ask for correct info - twinc