Make No Mistake! God Will Kill Some For Not Keeping His Dietary Laws! Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
As John 3:16 says, who every believes in Him will have eternal life.

Judgment for the unsaved.

Do you really believe you can stand before God, and when He asks you why He should let you into heaven, expect to be let in only by the strength of your deeds?

The problem is that most do not know what Paul means when he says "works of the law" and "deeds of the law"! But that is for another lesson.

Let's look at a few of your statements and compare them with the word of God.......

As John 3:16 says, who every believes in Him will have eternal life.

Well......let's look a some that "believe" and really know who Jesus is.

Jam.2
[19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The devils also believes, says James, but will they have eternal life?

Although God's word does say, "...who every believes in Him will have eternal life.", God's word does NOT say that is ALL that is needed for eternal life!

Next..... when I asked about judgement your reply was....

Judgment for the unsaved.

Well...let's read God's word and use just a little common sense to see if judgement is truely for just the "unsaved".

Rev.20
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now let's read, understand and use common sense here.

First of all....if judgement is for the unsaved, why even open the books to see what their works are? If ALL of these are unsaved then they ALL have the same fate....the lake of fire!

But will ALL that are being judged go to the lake of fire according to the above scriptures? No! For God's word says that,
"...whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." So that tells us SOME of these that are being judged will NOT go into the lake of fire! So SOME of these people are SAVED!

So rach.....where in God's word are you getting this doctrine that judgement is for "unsaved"!

Also note....just what is it that the scripures says ALL of these were judged according to? Their "WORKS"!

Next you asked.....

Do you really believe you can stand before God, and when He asks you why He should let you into heaven, expect to be let in only by the strength of your deeds?

Well let's again read the word of God....

Matt.7
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Here Jesus tells us that not all that call upon the name will enter into God's kingdom. Now let's read again which will enter....

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them,..."

So, according to Jesus, something must be DONE! Some sort of action must take place! Faith alone will not make it. Jesus words go hand in hand with what James says!

Readers.......let's review:

Rach: As John 3:16 says, who every believes in Him will have eternal life.

God: [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Rach: Judgment for the unsaved.

God: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rach: Do you really believe you can stand before God, and when He asks you why He should let you into heaven, expect to be let in only by the strength of your deeds?

God: Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Readers please understand....God's word NEVER says that it takes only ONE thing for eternal life!

We need the blood of Jesus to remove all PAST, not future sins. We need to Hear the word of God! Once we Hear HIs word we need to have Faith! Once we have Faith we need to act upon that Faith and perform Works!

Just as we need ALL of the above, we need to use ALL of God's word to prove it.....

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Wow. I just love how you manage to completely and totally miss my point! Instead you try and pick the details to death, grabbing onto small phrases you think you can turn to your own point of view. It won't work. The Bible is so completely clear about works vs faith. You can try all you want to make it about works, your own deeds of righteousness, but when the Bible, the own word of God, labels it useless, your argument is really just sunk. I'm so very sorry that apparently the only thing you got out of my previous post were things that are actually very easily answered. I'm sorry you've missed the saving grace that Jesus has given us.

But because you seem to not get some of the more basics of Christian faith, I'll try to answer your questions.

Let's look at a few of your statements and compare them with the word of God.......
Well......let's look a some that "believe" and really know who Jesus is.

Jam.2
[19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The devils also believes, says James, but will they have eternal life?
Although God's word does say, "...who every believes in Him will have eternal life.", God's word does NOT say that is ALL that is needed for eternal life!

I'm sorry, but I honestly can't see this as an actual argument. It's quite obvious that Satan and demons 'believe' in God and Jesus. In fact there are many people in the world that claim to believe in God, even Jesus. To be a Christian, belief is necessary, obviously. But I didn't think I'd need to add (as I see it just as necessary) is that when one becomes a Christian, they love!

[37] And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
(Matthew 22:37 ESV)

People who don't love Jesus, who don't live for Jesus, will not be saved.

[6] Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
(John 14:6 ESV)

let's read God's word and use just a little common sense to see if judgement is truely for just the "unsaved".

Rev.20
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now let's read, understand and use common sense here.
First of all....if judgement is for the unsaved, why even open the books to see what their works are? If ALL of these are unsaved then they ALL have the same fate....the lake of fire!
But will ALL that are being judged go to the lake of fire according to the above scriptures? No! For God's word says that,
"...whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." So that tells us SOME of these that are being judged will NOT go into the lake of fire! So SOME of these people are SAVED!
So rach.....where in God's word are you getting this doctrine that judgement is for "unsaved"!

Where? From the 'Book of life'. The book of life has OT roots and refers to God's record of those who belong to him.

33 But the Lord said to Moses, http://www.esvonline.org/Ezekiel+18:4;+Ezekiel+18:20/“Whoever has sinned against me, I will blot out of my book.
(Ex. 32:33 ESV)
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living; let them not be http://www.esvonline.org/Ezekiel+13:9;+Luke+10:20;+Hebrews+12:23/enrolled among the righteous. (Ps. 69:28 ESV)

[3] Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life. (Philippians 4:3 ESV)

(And don't jump up here and go 'ha! labored...as in works!' As I have repeatedly said, Christian works grow out of a sincere and loving faith in Jesus, and while a wonderful way to show love, works will NOT get you into heaven. The above verse shows faithful Christians working to spread the Gospel, not trying to achieve their own salvation.)

And of course the references in Revelations.

Rev. 3:5; 13:8; 17:8; 20:12, 15; 21:27

You question...'if the judgment is for the unsaved, why even open the books to see what their works are?'

The answer...because God is a just God. Firstly, you'll note that opened are the "books". Plural. The Book of Life is opened, but as we have just seen, only names of people belonging to God is in that. The other book has no name, apparently, but within it are the deeds of the unsaved. You ask why this may be? If you found yourself standing before a Judge today, say in court. And they decided to slap a sentence on you without even hearing what you had or had not done, it wouldn't seem so fair would it? Well, God IS justice, He IS goodness and He IS righteousness. Every unsaved man will stand before the King and give an account for what he has done in his life.

[12] And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
(Revelation 20:12 ESV)

We see this judgment a little earlier as well, but this time it mentions what the 'judgment' will be for those in the Book of Life.

[18] The nations raged,
but your wrath came,
and the time for the dead to be judged,
and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints,
and those who fear your name,
both small and great,
and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”
(Revelation 11:18 ESV)

(some commentary on Rev 20:12 below)

"The dead, great and small, include both God's saints (11:18; 19:5) and the beast's worshipers (13:16; 19:18). Books recording their deeds will be opened (Dan. 7:10), providing the grounds on which each is judged (Rom. 2:6–11). God keeps an accurate record of every human deed, and will reward and punish with perfect justice. another book, the book of life. See note on Rev. 20:13; cf. 3:5; 13:8; 17:8; 20:15; 21:27."

Also note....just what is it that the scripures says ALL of these were judged according to? Their "WORKS"!

Yes, they were...the unsaved were. Once again you completely missed what I said about Christian works being an outgrowing of real and true faith. It's not that works are uneccessary, they show who a person worships...a faithful Christian has works that reflect the glory and love of God.

[16] In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
(Matthew 5:16 ESV)

But using your works to get into heaven? Won't happen. Not unless you are as perfect as Christ.

20 Surely http://www.esvonline.org/1+Kings+8:46/there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins. (Ecc 7:20 ESV)

God's word NEVER says that it takes only ONE thing for eternal life!
We need the blood of Jesus to remove all PAST, not future sins.

:blink:

[6] Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
(John 14:6 ESV)

[24] He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
(1 Peter 2:24 ESV)

Doesn't sound to me as if it were only a one shot, sins past kind of deal. How on earth can you diminish Christs achievement so much? Why is it so hard to lay your complete trust in the God who loved you so much he died for you?
You take the admiral quality of growing in Christ and make it into a salvation necessity. Should we grow in Christ and continually put sin to death? Yes!! But will we burn in hell if we fall? No.

Here Jesus tells us that not all that call upon the name will enter into God's kingdom.So, according to Jesus, something must be DONE! Some sort of action must take place! Faith alone will not make it.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Where in scripture does it actually state that faith alone is not enough? You are stating that simply because you wish it to be true. And it's not faith per se, it's faith in Jesus. Jesus is the rock that we are to build our lives on. And as far as what the passage is talking about, quite obviously the 'works' that they did, had absolutely zero effect. Jesus told them to depart.

People may exercise power in Jesus' name but their activities are meaningless because they deceive themselves and other believers, desiring attention for their own spectacular displays and good 'works'. Mighty works are not proof of the Father's will since they can come from sources other than God, including demons and human contrivance.

It really comes down to this, which I think you've already answered. Are your works for you....to get you in a better standing with God? Or are they for God?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
1 Tim.4
[1] Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

As I asked you to consider, years after Christ death, Peter still kept God's dietary laws! Did he teach doctrines of devils?

[2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
[3] Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Now think about this one for a moment. Who is it that does NOT allow those in higher positions in their church to marry? And whose Church is it that commands that meat NOT to be consumed during a certain spring holiday?

[4] For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
[5] For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

All creatures of God are good...but ALL are not good to be consumed. Now what is it that is santified and what does it mean to be santified? Sanctified means to be set apart. And the above scriptures tells us the creatures that have been sacntified by God are to be received with thanksgiving. And when did God santify the creatures? As far back as Noah....

Gen.7
[2] Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
As I said, I don't know of any NT dietary restrictions. That would be contrary to Paul calling dietary restrictions "DOCTRINES OF DEMONS". So then, which Covenant are you under? Can't be both.

Aug 28, 2010
The other book has no name, apparently, but within it are the deeds of the unsaved. You ask why this may be? If you found yourself standing before a Judge today, say in court. And they decided to slap a sentence on you without even hearing what you had or had not done, it wouldn't seem so fair would it? Well, God IS justice, He IS goodness and He IS righteousness. Every unsaved man will stand before the King and give an account for what he has done in his life.

Where in scripture does it actually state that faith alone is not enough?

Let's go with your line of thinking for a moment. If the 'unsaved' will be judged by their deeds to be denied the kingdom of God.....

What will it be that allows the 'saved' to enter the kingdom of God?

The same one that will judge the sinner is the same that will judge the saved? Do you not think the saved will be judged?

And should it not be based on the things they did also? Shouldn't it be their good 'deeds' that allow them into God's kingdom? If it is deeds that deny, should it not be deeds that allow? If God has (2) standards then He is NOT a very fair God!

Next,

Where in scripture does it actually state that faith alone is not enough?

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."
"But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"
"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."
"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I always thought Jesus dealt with the subject of what enters a man's mouth here?

"After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean."

Aug 28, 2010
I always thought Jesus dealt with the subject of what enters a man's mouth here?

"After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean."

The topic that was being discussed was not about food or dietary laws. The topic was about the obsession of washing. There is a lesson here on the forum about it called, Were The Pharisees Questioning Food Or The Tradition Of Washing?

As for what will happen to those spoken of below.....

"They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD."

It would be pretty hypocritical of the Lord to say, on one hand the dietary laws have been done away with, then on the other hand, come and consume those that eat swine, the mouse and the abomination.

How fair would that be? Say it's ok to eat unclean foods, then turn around and punish those that have eaten unclean foods upon HIs return!

That is not a very fair God!!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
This part was actually the first thing I ever read in the bible that made me say, "OK... Jesus is God" because His understanding was just to perfect. Here's all the these self righteous people looking for some outward tradition to condemn Him with and Jesus makes it simple... it's not what enters the mouth that makes a man unclean but what comes out of the mouth because it's the heart that matters... I was amazed because it was so far from all the religious nonsense I had grown up hearing from my 7th Day Adventist great grandma who followed all kinds of religious rules but was bitter and hateful to everyone in our family making God seem like a big bummer. All of a sudden I was hearing what Jesus had to say and I knew that His understanding was not carnal.

Now I don't allow anything to trump the revelation that's in Him... I don't care how many times it's says in the old testament an eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth... love your enemies is what's right.

And I don't care how many times it says in the old testament that it matters whether you eat this or wash this way... it's not what enters our mouth that matters but what comes out of our mouth that matters...

I see it like looking at my wife without her veil and clearly seeing that her eyes are green... if looking at her with her veil looks like here eyes are blue I'm still gonna know that here eyes are green because we always see clearest without a veil... the veil is lifted in Christ alone...

But that's what I believe... you should listen to your conscience...

Aug 28, 2010
But that's what I believe... you should listen to your conscience...

You have to make sure you are listening to the right conscience....for Paul tells us there were times when he wanted to do that which was right but did not....

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."

For there are (2) spirits trying to win us over, some holy, some evil.....

"But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."

Take note which spirit Paul listens to.....

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
As long as my conscience is in agreement with Jesus I'm all good... the law came through Moses... but grace and TRUTH through Jesus Christ... be well Family...

Aug 28, 2010
As long as my conscience is in agreement with Jesus I'm all good... the law came through Moses... but grace and TRUTH through Jesus Christ... be well Family...

Most do not understand that it was Jesus that gave the laws to Moses! The same God that gave the laws in the OT is the same God that said....

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

These are the same laws Paul lived by and taught others to live by.

This is what the God of the OT said is needed for eternal life. And He does not change.....

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."
"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Most do not understand that it was Jesus that gave the laws to Moses! The same God that gave the laws in the OT is the same God that said....

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

This is what the God of the OT said is needed for eternal life. And He does not change.....

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever and they were always trying to get Him to follow their dumb laws to... wash your hands before you eat, don't do stuff on the sabbath, don't hank out with hookers and sinners... He's all, "Dude... I'm loving people... you missed it... that's the only point of the Law... to Love God and each other"

So sorry dude... you and I don't see it the same and I reject anyone who tries to bring me under the law except the law to love one another... that's the commandment from my Teacher and Father...

Be blessed...

Reactions: Rach1370 and Robbie

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
^^^ I shouldn't have said, "reject anyone" what I meant to say was, "reject any guidance" when I re-read it, it sounded harsh and I didn't mean it to...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

There are over 600 commands in the Law of Moses. Are you under them all? Those who are led by the Spirit are not.

Galatians 5:18 (NKJV)
[sup]18 [/sup]But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Aug 28, 2010
^^^ I shouldn't have said, "reject anyone" what I meant to say was, "reject any guidance" when I re-read it, it sounded harsh and I didn't mean it to...

No need to re-write! No room for emotions here. Say what's on your mind.

Aug 28, 2010
There are over 600 commands in the Law of Moses. Are you under them all? Those who are led by the Spirit are not.

Again....people do not understand that Paul was not talking about ALL of the 613 laws in his writings.

Think about it for a moment..... Where do you think Paul got the notion that he was not to covet?

Rom.7
[7] What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

He got it from the OT. Now remember who Paul is talking to here...Gentiles! Now do you think Paul let these Romans know that to covet was a sin? Of course he did!

Now how can they NOT be under this law? How can anybody not be under this law? If you are a follower of God you are not to covet! If you are a sinner you are to stop coveting! Let's read something else by Paul....again he is talking to Gentiles;

Rom.3
[19] Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

And how did, "...all the world may become guilty before God"? All of the world have sinned. All of the world have broken God's laws!

Now how can Paul keep the law, tell others to keep the law and yet say, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.", unless he speaks of (2) different sets of laws?

He can't keep the law AND have the same law nailed to His cross!

But like I have said.....I am not trying to change YOUR mind. I am replying so that others can think about it and if God opens their minds, they too will understand and know that Paul speaks of MORE than one law in his writings.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

First you are taking the verse out of context. Paul is talking about circumcision. You need to learn the difference between laws, ordinances and statutes.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Again....people do not understand that Paul was not talking about ALL of the 613 laws in his writings.

Think about it for a moment..... Where do you think Paul got the notion that he was not to covet?

Rom.7
[7] What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

He got it from the OT. Now remember who Paul is talking to here...Gentiles! Now do you think Paul let these Romans know that to covet was a sin? Of course he did!

Now how can they NOT be under this law? How can anybody not be under this law? If you are a follower of God you are not to covet! If you are a sinner you are to stop coveting! Let's read something else by Paul....again he is talking to Gentiles;

Rom.3
[19] Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

And how did, "...all the world may become guilty before God"? All of the world have sinned. All of the world have broken God's laws!

Now how can Paul keep the law, tell others to keep the law and yet say, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.", unless he speaks of (2) different sets of laws?

He can't keep the law AND have the same law nailed to His cross!

But like I have said.....I am not trying to change YOUR mind. I am replying so that others can think about it and if God opens their minds, they too will understand and know that Paul speaks of MORE than one law in his writings.
You are confused. That's why you have been preaching diet restrictions that God proclaimed as "doctrines of demons".

First you are taking the verse out of context. Paul is talking about circumcision. You need to learn the difference between laws, ordinances and statutes.
"The Law" indicates the Law of Moses, which is the subject of Galatians.

[sup]18 [/sup]But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under THE LAW.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
You are confused. That's why you have been preaching diet restrictions that God proclaimed as "doctrines of demons".

"The Law" indicates the Law of Moses, which is the subject of Galatians.

[sup]18 [/sup]But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under THE LAW.

You need to learn the difference between laws, ordinances and statutes.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You need to learn the difference between laws, ordinances and statutes.
I do know. That's why I know that Christians are not under the Law of Moses. I've read Galatians.

Galatians 3:10 (NKJV)
[sup]10 [/sup]For as many as are of the works of THE LAW are under the curse;

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
No need to re-write! No room for emotions here. Say what's on your mind.

My Mom said something to me when I was a kid that always stuck with me, "Honesty without love is brutality" I didn't feel like what I said was very loving... and it doesn't matter how right I think I am if I'm not loving, I'm wrong... but thanks for the invitation to be open = )